Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

CNN/Eatocracy Best of 2012 Beer: Wedge Brewery

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by jroberge1981, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jroberge1981

jroberge1981 Apr 4, 2009 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

Thought this was pretty cool - Wedge Brewery in Asheville (a favorite of mine) made a best of 2012 list on CNN with their Vadim Bora Raspberry Imperial Stout, which is amazingly tasty! One of the few fruit stouts that I think have the beer and fruit perfectly integrated.

The rest of the list is quite interesting as well, with some BA standards on there.

http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2012/12/28/best-beers-of-2012/

winbassett and Handle like this.
  2. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Jan 8, 2011 Michigan

Awesome! By far my favorite stop in Asheville.

3. hooligan74

hooligan74 Sep 5, 2009 North Carolina

Agreed, best beer we had in Asheville, I was a bit disappointed in Asheville, overall. Wedge was good, Highland and Pisgah are good, but not really "in" Asheville. Everything else we had in the city was just OK, IMO.

MarcatGSB likes this.
  4. jroberge1981

Beer Trader

I hear you on Asheville as far as pure beer quality. It's generally "good" across the board, with a pocket here and there of awesome. To me, the city is more than just a sum of its parts; the beer culture and availability, mountain setting, focus on the local and independent, great dining and arts scenes, and general vibe just add up to make one hell of a place. The fact that Olde Hickory is on the drive up doesn't hurt either!

wolfeman007, winbassett and Rymar9 like this.
  5. winbassett

winbassett Sep 10, 2010 North Carolina

And don't forget Catawba Valley Brewing Co., which is even closer!

jroberge1981 and wolfeman007 like this.
  6. jroberge1981

Beer Trader

I'm ashamed to say I haven't stopped in there yet... Tried their barrel aged stout at Appalachian Vintners and was quite impressed though! Looks like another trip down I40 is in the cards.

winbassett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe