Coming to LA on Business - LAX

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by tx_beer_man, May 3, 2013.

1. tx_beer_man

tx_beer_man Jan 22, 2013 Texas
    Beer Trader

BA's,

I'm coming to LA for the first part of next week for a seminar. I'll be staying right near the airport and am looking forward to buying up some beers to ship back to myself while I'm there. What are the good beer stores and any places nearby? What about bars with local brews? I don't mind making the cab expenses around.

Much thanks!

2. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Jan 7, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Beverage Warehouse should be a destination. But also the Whole Foods in El Segundo always has a great selection of brews.

tx_beer_man likes this.
  3. tx_beer_man

Beer Trader

Thanks man. I looked 'em up and all within 2 miles. What about bars in the vicinity?

4. cbn1966

cbn1966 Aug 18, 2008 California

El Segundo Brewing is a short cab ride from LAX...

5. mrcraft

mrcraft Dec 15, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

The closest bar with craft beer would be the bar inside Four Points Sheraton at LAX. It's probably within walking distance from your hotel. You can check what they have on tap on taphunter.com.

6. tx_beer_man

Beer Trader

7. tx_beer_man

Beer Trader

Nice I'll try to fit it in.

8. dcgunman

dcgunman Jul 1, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

Right across the street from El Segundo Brewing Co is Rock and Brews. Good selection on draft. Food is decent. Maybe a bit pricey $$. Whole Foods in El Segundo has a bar with around 24 or so taps.

9. tx_beer_man

Beer Trader

10. JigsawRecords

JigsawRecords Nov 15, 2011 California

Naja's, but the cab ride may be a little $$

11. hopsputin

hopsputin Apr 1, 2012 New Jersey

If you don't mind cabbing try The Library Alehouse, The Daily Pint, or Father's Office. All three in Santa Monica (15-20 min north of Beverage Warehouse). Always have something good on tap

12. TheCrowsNest

TheCrowsNest Mar 26, 2010 California

Brewsters at Four Points Sheraton is a no brainer if you're staying at LAX. The place was one of the very FIRST craft beer bars in LA way back in the day. 16 rotating taps and a pretty solid bottle list.

http://www.fourpointslax.com/brewsters-bar-near-lax

tx_beer_man and dcgunman like this.
  13. SunDevilBeer

SunDevilBeer May 9, 2003 Massachusetts

TheCrowsNest and dcgunman like this.
  14. tx_beer_man

Beer Trader

Thanks a ton Earlycsquid. I dropped by Beverage Warehouse and I'm just finishing cleaning up all the drool.

[​IMG]

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe