1. Introducing the Respect BeerĀ® Society. Upgrading your account to a Society membership entitles you to more than a dozen awesome perks, from discounts, to ad-free browsing, extended users stats, and much more. Join today.
  2. BEER FEST ALERT: Don't miss FUNK Boston: A Wild & Sour Beer Fest on June 14-15!

Coming to Sydney area and Port Douglas

Discussion in 'Australia / Oceania' started by 06Rubicon, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 06Rubicon

06Rubicon Initiate (35) Nov 8, 2013 Texas
    Trader

I'll be in Sydney mid Dec - mid Jan with a week in Port Douglass. What are the best beer places to hit and where should I skip? Port Douglas seems to be very sparse in brew spots. Let me know, maybe I'll bring you a bottle of something good! thx!

2. heygeebee

heygeebee Poo-Bah (1,575) Aug 6, 2010 Australia

this is the go for Sydney

http://beeradvocate.com/community/threads/tourism-australia-craftbeer.89914/

Port Douglas is a different story (or was when I was last there five years ago but have been to Cairns recently). Think one main street lined with designer shops and a couple of pubs only. Small. Think light lager styles everywhere on tap. Paradise, but not a beer paradise.

If they have a BWS shop - head to the fridge and find some Hop Hog or Little Creatures Pale Ale, and also check the BWS thread on here.

Have fun!

3. scmorgan

scmorgan Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2005 Australia

In Sydney, Frankies Pizza in Hunter St.

4. 06Rubicon

06Rubicon Initiate (35) Nov 8, 2013 Texas
    Trader

Thanks much! I've had the Little Creatures and it is fantastic! Will definitely look for the Hop Hog and whatever other elixers I can find. First time to OZ.....I just might not leave!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.