Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

cooking with braggot

Discussion in 'Beer & Food' started by inchrisin, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inchrisin

inchrisin Sep 25, 2008 Indiana

I've got a couple of bottles of braggot that I brewed about two years ago. It isn't going to shape up, and I'd feel bad pouring it down the drain. It's got a lot of earthy elements to it, which might work with cooking, but it isn't pleasant to drink on its own. (String me up for wanting to cook with something that I want to cook with but don't want to drink, I know). What kinds of foods would cook well with a heavy, sweet, earthy beer?

2. franklinn

franklinn May 29, 2012 Vermont

3. bramsdell

bramsdell May 27, 2011 North Carolina

4. Andygirl

Andygirl Jan 3, 2013 Michigan

Banana/pumkin breads.

5. duchessedubourg

duchessedubourg Nov 2, 2007 Vermont
    Beer Trader

Buy a mixture of organic dried fruits (peaches, plums, apples, pears, cherries) and stew them until soft in the beer with a cinnamon stick. Top with creme fraiche. Killer winter dessert!

devlishdamsel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe