Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

cooking with braggot

Discussion in 'Beer & Food' started by inchrisin, Jan 21, 2013.

1. inchrisin

I've got a couple of bottles of braggot that I brewed about two years ago. It isn't going to shape up, and I'd feel bad pouring it down the drain. It's got a lot of earthy elements to it, which might work with cooking, but it isn't pleasant to drink on its own. (String me up for wanting to cook with something that I want to cook with but don't want to drink, I know). What kinds of foods would cook well with a heavy, sweet, earthy beer?

2. franklinn

3. bramsdell

4. Andygirl

Banana/pumkin breads.

5. duchessedubourg

Beer Trader

Buy a mixture of organic dried fruits (peaches, plums, apples, pears, cherries) and stew them until soft in the beer with a cinnamon stick. Top with creme fraiche. Killer winter dessert!

devlishdamsel likes this.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe