Coolship Party and Bottle Release

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by FFGeuzeria, Dec 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FFGeuzeria

FFGeuzeria Initiate (0) Dec 8, 2014 Wisconsin

On January 23th, 2015 we will be brewing a traditional lambic with O’so Brewing. The Coolship Party party kicks off in the evening when we open up the brewery to the public. Our coolship (a large open vessel used to draw wild yeast and bacteria into the beer) will be filled with the lambic wort brewed that day. Everyone's invited to see and experience this unique coolship process!

To celebrate, we will release 3 limited-quantity lambic-style beers for purchase. This year, fans will be able to reserve bottles online through Brown Paper Ticket starting at Noon, Dec 10th. http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/957009

Facebook Event Page (I've created a BA Event page as well, and will link it when it has been approved)

O’so Tap House
    3028 Village Park,
    Plover, WI

The Fox and the Grapes – 5.5% ABV – Lambic-style beer with Foch Grapes
    [​IMG]

Artwork done by Molly Wallner Morton. This is our second label in the Fermentation is Art series, where we collaborate with local artists. Molly will be in attendance at the party, with signed and numbered prints of the original artwork for sale. The artwork is available first come, first served

Framrood – 5.5% ABV – Lambic-style beer with Red Raspberries[​IMG]

Door Kriek – 5.5% ABV – Lambic-style beer with Door County Tart Cherries
    [​IMG]

2. DLDlulz

DLDlulz Initiate (116) Feb 15, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

Can attendees trustee for more than one person?

3. FFGeuzeria

Yes.

Kbyfield and DLDlulz like this.
  4. kalvarez

kalvarez Initiate (44) Jul 22, 2010 Wisconsin

Boo. I look forward to waiting in line behind @jegross2 picking up for 100 of his closest friends....

5. jjheinrichs

jjheinrichs Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2010 Wisconsin
    Deactivated

While you're waiting, here's a site you can watch: http://leekspin.com

aclara, Flabbyjandro and atone315 like this.
  6. jRocco2021

jRocco2021 Initiate (0) Mar 13, 2010 Wisconsin

I can't think of one good reason for that to exist.

Bshaw22 and Duff27 like this.
  7. Brocklanders34

Brocklanders34 Initiate (0) Apr 22, 2013 Wisconsin

@FFGeuzeria what about the cassis champagne currant?

8. FFGeuzeria

That isn't ready yet

9. Ri0

Ri0 Poo-Bah (3,070) Jul 1, 2012 Wisconsin
    Society

Any future release planned for closer to home?

10. jsmi2024

jsmi2024 Initiate (72) Sep 30, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

Can anyone from Chicago Trustee for me? If so shoot me a message.

11. FFGeuzeria

FYI, bottle limit will be:
    The Fox and the Grapes - 6
    Framrood - 4
    Door Kriek - 2

Gonzoillini, pawpaw, RobinLee and 5 others like this.
  12. egrace84

egrace84 Initiate (0) Mar 25, 2012 Illinois

Will there possibly be enough bottles that you could purchase them the day of the event w/out buying a ticket online, or is this the ONLY way to get them?

13. FFGeuzeria

I really don't know what to expect. This is the biggest release we've done, but it also isn't THAT many bottles.

14. egrace84

Ok, I appreciate the response. Will be there to enjoy a few beers and the party regardless.

15. robear

robear Initiate (0) May 24, 2014 Wisconsin

Will any remaining bottles be on-sale the following afternoon?

16. egrace84

I think he kind of answered that already judging by his response to my question...

17. robear

I know they don't know what to expect, but I'm wondering if they'll hold off on selling any leftover bottles specifically because it's CW's anniversary that day. O'so had mentioned needing space to clean/get the brewery ready for business. If they do decide to release any leftover bottles (assuming there are some), it could mean word-of-mouth leading to more business than they expect.

Just trying to get firm info for folks who are deciding whether or not to plan a trip to O'so on the 24th in case there are extra bottles. If they say no, it makes it an easy decision.

18. jRocco2021

Fwiw I don't plan on buying the full allotment if I'm able to get the tickets my plan is to get a variety of 8 out of the possible 12.

robear likes this.
  19. robear

I think that will be pretty common amongst folks who attend on Friday, especially when you consider most of them will be spending $100+ the next day on CW17. That's why I have a feeling there will be bottles left on Saturday.

Once FF begins releasing in Madison, his beers are going to sell out in a day.

20. jRocco2021

I don't have a ticket for the CW release so while I'm pretty sure I will get some 17 Idk if I will be afforded the same opportunity as those who have tickets. Its alright though worst case I can only drink 17 on tap woe is me.

21. kalvarez

I feel like you constantly suggest these things under the guise of better for their business when in reality it is simply more convenient for you. He clearly stated that he's not sure what to expect so if you want bottles buy the ticket and if you can't make it find a trustee. You always state in numerous other threads how nice it is for CA breweries to use a ticketed system like BPT. A brewery finally uses it around here and immediately you expect them to use a different method.

22. robear

Loyal readers- I'm thrilled that they are using BPT. I believe that almost every small brewery will be using ticketing releases for bottles within a year or two. It just works better. So yes, I think FF is making a smart move by doing so. It also allows them to figure out how many bottles they'll presumably sell that night.

I was simply asking if any remaining bottles (if he sells out via BPT there will still be remaining bottles) will be made available the next afternoon. That's a decision FF & O'so are going to have to make at some point, and it behooves them to make it before the event gets here. If they say yes, they'll get a crush of CW anny folks on Saturday and they'll want to be ready. If they say no, then folks will know that they'll have to rely on a proxie.

I have nothing at stake with this release- I'm not planning on attending or being in the area that weekend. But having watched numerous breweries go through growing pains w/ releases, I think they could save themselves some of those pains be doing a little homework on how other small breweries have done it successfully. And believe it or not, while it might not be all about my convenience, every great brewery does understand that it is about the customer's convenience. That's why Alpine sold to Green Flash. It's why Stone has stores all over SoCal. It's why pick-up windows on BPT releases work so well. And you know what? It goes hand-in-hand with profit.

So by all means, keep up with my posts and keep responding. I love beer as much as you guys do and dare I say I love talking/writing about it even more.

tschüß.

mychalg9 likes this.
  23. FFGeuzeria

There are 10 cases of each being held by O'so to sell in the taproom after the event. My guess is that these won't be broken out until Monday as his reasoning for holding these back is to make sure locals get bottles and to maintain a good draw to the taproom for the next month or two.

Convenience is why I am doing BPT, but people should understand that these bottles are released as part of the Coolship Party, not CW's anniversary party. The tickets are to help people know they have bottles if they come to the party and to help with the line speed/payment process. IF there are bottles unsold through BPT or not claimed during the Coolship Party, it is very likely that they will be sold on Saturday, but this will probably be a small quantity. The brewing staff and myself will be busy filling barrels and cleaning the brew system, so it falls on the bar staff to handle bottle sales which, with the increase in the crowd that day, becomes difficult. Please understand that I'm doing everything within my resources to make this party/release as convenient and smooth as possible, but I have very limited resources.

24. robear

Understood.

FFGeuzeria likes this.
  25. kalvarez

Bloviate - talk at length, especially in an inflated or empty way

26. cl3

cl3 Disciple (339) Aug 16, 2013 Wisconsin
    Trader

Looks like I'll be taking a drive eastward at the end of Jan. to try and get my hands on some of the leftover bottles from both events. (I'm assuming CW will still be selling 17 out of the brewery, if the amount of 16 produced is any indication).

27. Ri0

Ri0 Poo-Bah (3,070) Jul 1, 2012 Wisconsin
    Society

And we're live!

Question: In the event of a blizzard that makes travel impossible on Jan 23 (rare chance) do we just lose our money?

28. Kbyfield

Kbyfield Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2009 Wisconsin

umpossible!

29. mykey120

mykey120 Initiate (121) Aug 13, 2012 Wisconsin

Just an fyi, but the ticket sales for 16 never sold out so 17 is probably a lot more limited and will most likely be gone during the party. Unless they are trying to build hype or something by only making a portion of the tickets available beforehand

30. cl3

cl3 Disciple (339) Aug 16, 2013 Wisconsin
    Trader

I'll take my chances. Never been to that part of the state anyway. Thanks for the heads up though.

31. wisconsinbeer1

wisconsinbeer1 Aspirant (226) Nov 11, 2004 Wisconsin
    Trader

Its a christmas miracle

32. Lamnic

Lamnic Aspirant (204) Mar 1, 2012 Connecticut

I want these so badly! Can anyone be a trustee for me? I'll send back the box with some goodies!

33. KCBeerNerd

KCBeerNerd Disciple (390) Dec 20, 2013 Missouri
    Trader

Hey guys I'm going to need a trustee for this event, so if anyone is going, and can do this hit me up! I can Pay pal, send a thank you shipper, which you can in turn ship back with a label I provide to make it as pain free as possible. PM me if you can do this.

34. farnold

farnold Devotee (404) Dec 4, 2012 New York
    Trader

Add me to the list of people looking for a trustee. Can load up a thank you box with bcbs or whatever you are into and provide a shipping label as well.

35. Lamnic

Lamnic Aspirant (204) Mar 1, 2012 Connecticut

Lol I would do all of this too.

36. tjstevens5

tjstevens5 Initiate (0) Jun 19, 2012 Wisconsin

I am more than willing to trustee for anyone. I live 1.5 hours away and am going up there to pick up some beers for myself and a buddy. Would prefer that you provide a shipping label/carton and purchase the beers beforehand on Brown Paper Tickets. Just PM me if you are interested.

37. KCBeerNerd

KCBeerNerd Disciple (390) Dec 20, 2013 Missouri
    Trader

found a trustee thanks

38. thegerm87

thegerm87 Defender (622) Aug 26, 2011 Massachusetts
    Trader

I placed an order for a few of these - would somebody be able to help me out as a trustee? Also, if you got Door Kriek and are willing to trade a bottle, let me know and I can send something out with my "thank you" box.

39. OBD

OBD Initiate (0) Nov 18, 2014 Wisconsin

^ yep, just noticed Door Kriek is sold out....

40. jsmi2024

jsmi2024 Initiate (72) Sep 30, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

Just saw that I waited to long to get door kriek.

If anyone has an extra they wouldn't mind parting with please pm me I've been dying to try this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.