COVID-19 and MN Taprooms

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by TrailsandAles, Mar 15, 2020.

1. nograz

nograz Disciple (377) Oct 30, 2013 Minnesota
    Trader

Jealous of all the delivery options for some. Why did I move to Albertville again?

With a 7 and 5 year old... I could use all the help I can get!

Victory_Sabre1973 likes this.
  2. Victory_Sabre1973

Victory_Sabre1973 Poo-Bah (2,383) Sep 15, 2015 Minnesota
    Society Trader

D
    It might be too far for you for delivery, but Rustech in Monticello also delivers.

nograz likes this.
  3. gatornation

gatornation Poo-Bah (6,755) Apr 18, 2007 Minnesota
    Society Trader

Total Wine Roseville. 30 people only in the store at one time. [​IMG]

josephwa and Victory_Sabre1973 like this.
  4. morimech

morimech Poo-Bah (4,012) Nov 6, 2006 Minnesota
    Society

And this Monday I would not be surprised by a bigger declaration. If you want to drink yourself through this thing, you better stock up this weekend.

5. nograz

nograz Disciple (377) Oct 30, 2013 Minnesota
    Trader

It maybe time to start brewing again or I could always dedicate one of my toilets to pruno.

6. JMN44

JMN44 Initiate (163) Sep 19, 2013 Minnesota

It’s too bad most MN breweries don’t sell crowlers. I know it cost breweries more money to package in crowlers but I’d buy crowlers now from nearby breweries but I have no interest in buying any more glass growlers.
    The smaller crowler serving size is much more my speed too so I’m not going in for growler refills.

7. HammsMeASAP

HammsMeASAP Initiate (119) Jun 14, 2012 Minnesota

Princeton's in Maple Grove had a bunch of Falling Knife and Barrel Theory crowlers as of this morning.

8. MNPikey

MNPikey Devotee (438) Feb 27, 2011 Minnesota
    Trader

Same price as from Barrel Theory itself?

NickMpls likes this.
  9. Victory_Sabre1973

Society Trader

Blackstack is now delivering. Free delivery within 10 miles.

BLACKSTACK IS DELIVERING NOW ORDER NOW Slide in our DM’s via the link below or go to our website to place orders. Feel free to call/text 6518080747 for orders or delivery questions. Delivery orders must be purchased online. We will do our diggity darndest to get orders placed by 7PM delivered the same day. Get crowlers & growlers dropped directly to you by our friendly & gloved staff while you’re still in your jam jams. Valid ID & Signature required. Free 10 mile delivery radius and $30 minimum order. Stay Safe Folks. C U Soon

gatornation and morimech like this.
  10. steorn

steorn Initiate (0) Nov 22, 2001 Minnesota

East lake is delivering

nmoe likes this.
  11. HammsMeASAP

I believe they were.....? $8.99 I believe.... Can't find my receipt now.

12. Victory_Sabre1973

Society Trader

13. HawkEye19

HawkEye19 Initiate (109) Jun 15, 2006 Minnesota

This aged well

14. BeerDrinkinGuy

BeerDrinkinGuy Initiate (55) Nov 2, 2018 Minnesota

Minnesota needs to cut the crap and open up beer sales to everyone on a equal playing field..Surly, Summit etc

15. Windvaner

Windvaner Initiate (50) Nov 7, 2014 Minnesota

16. MNAle

MNAle Poo-Bah (1,975) Sep 6, 2011 Minnesota
    Society

17. MNAle

Society

If you wade through all the "I'm the smartest guy in the room" school teacher lecture in that PowerPoint, does anyone know...

are liquor stores closed or not?

can breweries still sell growlers / crowlers or not?

18. doner24

doner24 Initiate (84) Apr 16, 2013 Minnesota

Not closing, they are deemed essential.

19. gatornation

Society Trader

Saw that also. (Liquor stores are deemed essential) Does it also mean Taprooms for crowler sales? The initial Shelter in place is only 14 days starting this Friday evening.

#59 gatornation, Mar 25, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  20. Crazytrain83

Crazytrain83 Initiate (45) Feb 19, 2017 Minnesota

Didn't specifically say, buy I would imagine if Take-out restaurants are open, breweries should be allowed to operate under the same rules.

21. SipIt

SipIt Initiate (176) Jul 18, 2013 Minnesota

My understanding is they extended the restaurant and bar closures, but didn't add additional restrictions to them. The additional restrictions were to businesses that weren't affected before.

22. gatornation

Society Trader

I’m thinking the same thing,that breweries can still sell crowlers. Friday and lasting 2 weeks.

#62 gatornation, Mar 25, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  23. MNAle

Society

Thanks.

24. bsp77

bsp77 Poo-Bah (2,324) Apr 27, 2008 Minnesota
    Society

For anyone in the West Metro, Unmapped has a great "drive thru" set up for crowlers and growlers.

TrailsandAles and JMN44 like this.
  25. SipIt

Is it legitimately a drive thru or curbside where we can prepay and not get out of our car? Some of the so called curb side delivery systems set up at restaurants I've called still make you go in the restaurant, but they limit the amount of people allowed in at one time.

26. TrailsandAles

TrailsandAles Initiate (23) Sep 10, 2014 Minnesota

You do not have to get out of your car.

SipIt likes this.
  27. SipIt

That's awesome, thank you!

28. shlub

shlub Initiate (121) Jan 11, 2008 Minnesota

Same at Wild Mind, pretty slick!

29. HammsMeASAP

Princeton's still had a handful of Barrel Theory and a lot of Falling Knife crowlers.

Really liking Barrel Theory's Cryptocurrency right now.

30. BeerDrinkinGuy

BeerDrinkinGuy Initiate (55) Nov 2, 2018 Minnesota

Bauhaus has an actual drive up window.

31. gudbrande

gudbrande Devotee (430) Jul 10, 2009 Minnesota
    Society Trader

Looks like Venn is straight up closed for a while.

32. dbhammel

dbhammel Initiate (71) Oct 24, 2016 Minnesota

I believe they'll be continuing to supply liquor stores with crowlers. Not sure if they'll be brewing more or just filling from what they currently have on tap/in kegs but their beer should remain available in retail for the time being.

33. Rajaholick

Rajaholick Initiate (148) Jan 9, 2011 Minnesota

Just did curbside delivery at town hall. The double barrel xtra milk stout is great!

steorn, pandera, sjguglielmo and 2 others like this.
  34. pandera

pandera Initiate (64) Jul 10, 2011 Minnesota

Thanks for the heads up. I missed their barrel aged week this year so I'll be heading over for that.
    Minnehaha Lake still has a decent amount of Barrel Theory crowlers left for those who don't want to trek to the source. If you do make a trip to the source, swing by Birchs Lowertown. They've got a damn fine BA barleywine. $7.50 a crowler :-0

35. Rajaholick

Rajaholick Initiate (148) Jan 9, 2011 Minnesota

Nice. Don't sleep on the mosaic mania IPA from town hall, drinking out right now and it's very good. I like all their single hop IPAs but this one stands out.

I didn't know Birch's lower town was still open, will have to drive by.

36. MNAle

Society

@BillManley, will the recently passed bill allowing restaurants to sell alcohol with take-out food orders allow your restaurant to sell beer with a take-out food order? (I suspect not :slight_frown: , but I thought I'd ask.)

37. BillManley

BillManley Aspirant (229) Jul 2, 2008 Minnesota

No, it sure doesn't. Restaurants that operate on a brewery taproom license were specifically excluded, so the crowler cap coupled with the new bill, still excludes the six largest brewers in Minnesota from selling any packaged beer at all.

The language from the bill (I included the line about brewers in bold):
    2.5 (d) For purposes of this section, "qualifying licensee" means a restaurant holding an 2.6 on-sale intoxicating liquor license issued under Minnesota Statutes, section 340A.404, 2.7 subdivision 1, paragraph (a), clause (2), or subdivision 6, paragraph (a), or a restaurant 2.8 holding an on-sale wine license issued under Minnesota Statutes, section 340A.404, 2.9 subdivision 5. Nothing in this section affects or modifies the ability of a licensed brewer to 2.10 make off-sales of alcoholic beverages under law.

38. RAH-RAH-Beer

RAH-RAH-Beer Initiate (28) Jan 1, 2019 Minnesota

Support Minnesota Breweries During the Covid-19 Shutdown

Many of the breweries are open for take-out Crowler and Growler sales. These are obviously difficult times for them and we could have permanent closures. So if you live anywhere near one of our breweries, please support them by getting some take-out. I went to Tim Whiskers today and picked up three crowler IPAs. Fossil Finder is good. Earlier this week I went to Wicked Wort and got crowlers. Buy local. It will be better in the long run. And of course wear a mask and observe social distancing.

39. SipIt

Hell, lots of breweries put it in the back of your car and don’t get anywhere near you.

40. ZAP

ZAP Poo-Bah (4,431) Dec 1, 2001 Minnesota
    Society

I think these places should go to pre-order only....but I don't know the business...I picked some pre-order things up from Lupulin on Sunday (they are quickly becoming one of the top places in the state for not only IPA's but a wide range of beers including lager styles). I know they are highly thought of but the lagers are what really prove it to me..

I ended up waiting about 20 minutes to get in and pickup my order...only two allowed inside at a time which is the way it is right now.....but some dipshits didn't preorder and then were filling like 6 growlers on the spot....dude inside was working his ass off..only guy working which is probably all they can afford to do...felt bad for the guy..just overwhelmed...I had no issue waiting...nice day to sit around outside but for them it would seem to be a lot more efficient to have all pre-order....then again maybe they lose some walk up sales and in the current climate you need all the sales you can get...

Great beer though....everything they have is top notch....well worth a 20 minute wait for me but thinking for them it might be more proficient to do pre-order only..but I don't know their business so maybe they have it right..