Craft beer and breweries in Phoenix and the San Tan area

Discussion in 'US - South' started by rabbitguy, Aug 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rabbitguy

rabbitguy Initiate (0) Jun 18, 2009 Illinois
    Deactivated

Hi,

I've discovered Portillo's in in the Phoenix area and was wondering where the brew pubs are. I might be able to be here in the winter

2. DinoFight

DinoFight Initiate (0) Jan 23, 2013 Arizona

Yep, we have a few Portillo's opening up or open here in the Phoenix area. Newest one is opening in Tempe fairly shortly. As for pubs, here are some of my favorites. All are in the Phoenix metro area.

Fate Brewing
    Four Peaks
    OHSO
    Arizona Wilderness brewing(opening soon)
    Papago
    San Tan brewing

World of Beer is a good stop for the unbelievable tap selection.

yemenmocha likes this.
  3. yemenmocha

yemenmocha Poo-Bah (2,902) Jun 18, 2002 Arizona
    Society

If you hit the Scottsdale Portillo's on Shea there's Fate Brewing just a couple minutes down the road on Shea.

4. SunDevilBeer

SunDevilBeer Defender (671) May 9, 2003 Massachusetts

Don't forget Gordon Biersch in downtown Tempe. Terrific German-style beer & good food to match.

yemenmocha likes this.
  5. aandresen

aandresen Initiate (91) Sep 21, 2009 Arizona
    Trader

AZ Wilderness will be opening soon, Gilbert and Warnerish.

6. mdwalsh

mdwalsh Initiate (0) Feb 1, 2009 Iowa

Is there anything worth knowing about within walking distance of US-60 and S. Rural Road? I'll be in Tempe for a week for work and if I get a moment to breathe I might want to check out the local beverage scene. Walking distance or short cab ride is best. I've been on the BA Location page and Beermapping, but wanted to know if there is anything they might be missing. Even if it just has one or two western beers that's be better than nothing.

7. Jefeipa

Jefeipa Initiate (0) May 6, 2009 Arizona

The only thing in walking distance would be Whole foods on Baseline which they have a good selection of beer and growler fills. You can take cab rides to Flannys, Yucca Taproom, Taste of Tops, Four Peaks, World of beer, and Whole Foods Chandler. Those are some what of a short cab ride.

mdwalsh likes this.
  8. yemenmocha

Society

SPOKES on Southern is walking distance, Southern & Rural area. http://www.spokesonsouthern.com/
    Boulders on Broadway is short cab also. http://bouldersonbroadway.com/

mdwalsh likes this.
  9. mdwalsh

mdwalsh Initiate (0) Feb 1, 2009 Iowa

How that didn't come up when I searched "grocery" near the hotel I will never know. Thank you for pointing that one out! Do they do singles/mixed six packs?

10. yemenmocha

Society

Most do. The one in Chandler has 30 or so drafts and a "bar" like area for enjoying them. Happy hour too.

11. papagobrewing

papagobrewing Initiate (0) Sep 8, 2009 Arizona

Easy walking distance-I pretty good place is at Baseline and McClintock called Lucky Break. Nothing spectacular but solid beers and great food. Also, check out the new Huss Brewing and AZ Wilderness via taxi. You can also message me when you are here if you want to make a run up to Papago as I live in the neighborhood if I am available.

Cheers, Ron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.