Craft beer bars in/near Rye Brook NY? (near White Plains)

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by Lucular, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucular

Lucular Jun 20, 2014 Maryland
    Society Trader

I'll be staying at the Hilton Westchester hotel the third week of August for a business trip and will not have access to a car. What are my best options for craft beer bars in the area?

2. brenduune

brenduune Dec 2, 2013 New York

Beer Noggin just opened up in Bronxville yesterday. Craftsman Ale House in Harrison is always great.

Lucular likes this.
  3. slander

slander Nov 5, 2001 New York
    Moderator Society

Craftsman in Harrison and Lazy Boy in White Plains are a cab ride away.

Lucular likes this.
  4. HeyHayward

HeyHayward Dec 13, 2013 New York

Craftsman in Harrison is by far the best around.

Lucular likes this.
  5. paddyfrankie

paddyfrankie Jan 14, 2015 New York

From Rye Brook the only place you should go is the Craftsman. They always have a good tap list and piles of bottles and the food is pretty damn good as well.

Lucular likes this.
  6. mugs1789

mugs1789 Dec 6, 2005 Maryland

Lazy Boy in White Plains. Good wings.

Lucular likes this.
  7. Lucular

Society Trader

Sounds like I'll be heading to Craftsman! Are the bottles available to-go, or only for on-site consumption?

Also, is Port Chester Hall & Beer Garden worth trying one night? And for bottle shopping, is Port Chester Beer Distributor my best bet?

Thanks for all the help, guys.

8. HeyHayward

No takeaway from Craftsman but the food & bottle/tap lists are great. Port Chester Hall & Beer Garden probably isn't worth you time.

Port Chester Beer Distributor is pretty close to where you're staying and has a solid selection. If you're headed over to Harrison for Craftsman you should take a trip to Half Time in Mamaroneck. It's the next town over and the selection is giant, 20,000 square foot store with 22 taps. Great bottle selection of domestic & imports, definitely worth a stop by.

You could also take the train between the two as both The Craftsman & Half Time are across the street from each station.

Lucular likes this.
  9. Lucular

Society Trader

Good to know. Looks like my best bet for train tickets is a weekly pass for $21.25. Will I be able to buy that at the station if I get in on Sunday night? Or will I need to buy it online ahead of time?

Sorry for all the questions - I appreciate the help!

10. HeyHayward

Will you be using the train (Metro North in this case) for anything else? If not you can just buy a ticket at the station, should be about $6-7 for a roundtrip between Harrison & Mamaroneck (if they even take your ticket as it's such a short trip).

11. mugs1789

mugs1789 Dec 6, 2005 Maryland

The ticket office won't be open if you arrive on on Sunday night. There may be a ticket machine outside the station that you can use. You're best off checking the MetroNorth website to confirm. Consider a cab, though. You will want a cab from the Hilton (the one on Westchester Ave., right?) to the train station, unless the Hilton offers a shuttle. The walk to the nearest MetroNorth station is 30-40 minutes through busy suburban streets.

12. paddyfrankie

paddyfrankie Jan 14, 2015 New York

There is definitely a ticket machine. I would not bother buying one though. Very little chance the ticket gets taken at all on such a short trip and if the conductor comes by you can buy a ticket (albeit at a premium) from him. Probably wont need to buy one though.

tobelerone likes this.
  13. dmolz

dmolz Dec 2, 2014 Connecticut

deciccos armonk is about the same time as some of those white plains suggestions. usually solid taps, can get crowlers to go, & great bottle selection. can pick up food for the room while you're there too if you need anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.