Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Craft Beer Connect?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by kmello69, Dec 22, 2012.

1. kmello69

Beer Trader

I know there have been a few threads about beer clubs before, but don't remember this one being mentioned.

Anyone have any experience with Craft Beer Connect? Looking at it online, it looks pretty good. They carry beers by FW, RR, Port, Lost Abbey, Alesmith, Bruery, among others (none of which are distributed here in TX) and it looks like you can just pick which beers you want every month, instead of being locked into someone else picking them for you.

Anyone tried it? If so, what's your take?

jbeezification likes this.
  2. Lutter

I'm thinkin' after January I might differ my shipment from the MJ RBC (unless it's REAL good) and try them out. Seems damn good... especially if they really get Alpine (which they have under breweries they distribute). Also, if I looked at the prices right, I can get 6 750mL/22 bottles for what I pay for 4 at RBC.

I like the whole Netflix-like aspect.

3. Dan_Bowman

Beer Trader

That does sound pretty good. Anyone been a member before?

4. Bitterbill

Beer Trader

I stumbled on that site a while back. I do wish they would tell you which states they can ship to.

5. HeyJim

It looks like "We'll ship wherever, but if you get caught, tough shit, you should know better". Which is painfully tempting to me as a PA resident, but getting a box every month that has a giant "ALCOHOL IS IN HERE LMAO!" sticker just seems too risky.

Bitterbill likes this.
  6. Bitterbill

Beer Trader

Yeah, if I lived in PA or MA, I wouldn't take the chance.

7. Giovannilucano

Thank goodness my buddy can get his Rogue here in NJ or else THAT would be the end of the world for real! :D

8. goodbetterbestbested

selling 6 month old bottles of row 2 isn't very nice for the customer

9. Bitterbill

Beer Trader

Hmm.the register now button just takes you to their home page. That needs fixing.

10. kmello69

Beer Trader

When you go to register, it says

States that we cannot ship beer to:
    Hawaii, Alaska, Utah, and Kentucky

11. jbeezification

I just signed up for the Rare Beer Club and now I guess I am switching to this one. Thanks for the heads up.

12. kmello69

Beer Trader

To be fair to them, that one says "Sold Out" when you click on it, so they had it, but dont still have it.

13. Bitterbill

Beer Trader

I can't register. See my post above.

14. kmello69

Beer Trader

When I click "Register Now" it takes me to the page where you have to pick which package you want to buy. Scroll down and you should be able to select a package, and then thats where you see the shipping info. Its a little convoluted, because you can't see that info until you're signing up, instead of before.

Bitterbill likes this.
  15. Bitterbill

Beer Trader

Ahh. Thanks muchly!

16. millertime416

Just wanted to warn everyone. I got a 6 month subscription (tier 3) as a christmas gift, and they list a ton of great beers but about 50-60% of them are sold out. I was really excited about the whole netflix-style queue idea but I can't even find enough items items to fill my queue for 3 months (at 3 different beers a month). Also, be aware that prices do not include shipping (which is about the same as the membership cost, $20 a month to Iowa)

Be warned...excellent idea...poor execution.

Bitterbill likes this.
  17. cmannes

Beer Trader

I signed up with CBC for Christmas. My Jan shipment was just fine (Racer 5, and a few from AleSmith)

My Feb shipment was 3 beers from The Bruery, and unfortunately they froze in transit, with one bottle popping it's top.

So I emailed CBC. Took them an extra day to get back to me, which worried me.

Turned out, they had good news and bad news for me. The freezing, was due to some shipping errors, so they took the fault on that. The bad news, they're having an issue with the State of MN, so they have to cancel my membership, and can't ship me more beer. Instead I just get a refund for Feb.

So I liked 'em, but now I can't use them anymore. Maybe I'll jump to the Rare Beer Club.

18. Stockfan42

I've always wanted to sign up for something like this. Though the thought of having no control over the beer or age of the beer I will receive has really been a turn off. Good to see you can pick your beers, but still seems a bit risky. Who knows how long those beers have been sitting around or how they are handled.

19. ESeab

Question. So you pay the $50 and pick 3 beers (and recive two of each) right? Then you just pay additional S&H? So $70 for 6 bombers that gets shipped to your house ? Just curious because it's actually not too bad of a deal compared to other online monthly beer clubs. Just making sure you aren't paying for a membership AND the beer.

20. SammyJaxxxx

Subscriber Beer Trader

What do you think would happen to you?

21. millertime416

Just wanted to post an update. Things seemed to have gotten much better. Many more of their items appear to be in stock now and they have added quite a few more beers in the past weeks. I just got my first order and everything was packaged well and arrived in great condition. More importantly, I ordered 6 IPA's and all were bottled fairly recently, so they appear to do a good job maintaining fresh stock. After looking at shipping at some of the other beer clubs theirs does appear to be inline. I'm definitely considering sticking with them once my subscription period ends.

Cubatobaco likes this.
  22. Lutter

I've gone to the site 3-4 times now lookin to sign up and every time every beer I want is OOS.

23. MADPolo

Does anyone know when they get more stock in? Everything worth a damn is out of stock.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe