Craft brew at Minute Maid Park?

Discussion in 'US - South' started by TexasStout, Sep 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TexasStout

TexasStout (0) Jun 22, 2007 Texas

Besides at the St Arnold bar, are there any other decent craft brews on tap at the ballpark? If so, where?

2. boogercrack

boogercrack (0) May 24, 2012 Texas

there's a karbach stand or two.

one near section 113 iirc.

3. bccocx

bccocx (0) Jan 13, 2007 Texas

When I was there a month ago, best I could find was St. Arnold Amber. It was my first time in the stadium so I may have missed the Karbach stands and St. Arnold Bar. I did walk around the whole lower level.

4. Pup21

Pup21 (0) Mar 4, 2014 Texas

Does SA have endeavor yet?

5. tx_beer_man

tx_beer_man (0) Jan 22, 2013 Texas

Hah I wish...Gotta imagine the cost of the beer on the consumer and the high abv are why its not being sold at the games.

6. TexasStout

Didnt find any Karbach. Elissa at St Arnold bar was best I found tonight.

7. Pup21

No karbach? What a shame

8. Pup21

Solution: put on a pair of jeans and go next door to Vic and Anthony's and enjoy bishops barrel 4-7....your welcome

Beernerds and Ford like this.
  9. robcfun

robcfun (0) Apr 13, 2010 Texas

10 us dollars a serving at Texan game

10. TexasStout

new at Minute Maid this year (per Houston.astros.mlb.com):
    KARBACH BAR (Section 404) - Destination Bar with a great view of downtown Houston featuring draft beer from the Karbach brewery

khculp and tx_beer_man like this.
  11. TexasStout

speaking of stadium brews, Constellation Field, home of the Sugar Land Skeeters, now has Karbach Hopadillo on tap at the Tex-Mex food stand. :slight_smile:

tx_beer_man likes this.
  12. Bluestar

Bluestar (0) Mar 5, 2012 Texas

As long as we're veering off topic...at Bayou music hall last night for wilco:

santo, love street, and more cowbell cans available for purchase (tho the more cowbell sold out pretty quick)....

choices are getting better... and at $6 for a 12 oz, and $8 for a tall boy, not too bad pricing either... (for a venue anyway).

tx_beer_man and Beernerds like this.
  13. doppletheGOAT

doppletheGOAT (0) Nov 27, 2012 Texas

Last time I was there I saw several Goose Island offerings on-tap - Honker's Ale, 312 and India Pale Ale. I always go with Honkers. Great beer on-tap.

14. TexasStout

ok, since you veered way off topic, :wink: they had Yellow Rose on tap at Cynthia Woods pavilion last night for a concert.

Beernerds and Bluestar like this.
  15. Pup21

What karbach selections are available now? Rodeo clown? Also had endeavor ever shown up?

16. Ford

Ford (0) Sep 8, 2012 Texas

Karbach is on the 400 level.... Saint Arnold bar is on the lower level.

17. Phil_S

Phil_S (0) Feb 14, 2013 Texas

As soon as you come up the escalators to the 400's, there is a "Craft Bar" immediately to your right.

Friday Night they had on Hopadillo, Weiss Wersa, Love Street, Sympathy, Lawnmower, Amber, and maybe one other SA beer

The SA bar on the first level directly behind the Crawford Boxes had Summer Pils, Amber, Elissa, Santo and Lawnmower.

I don't suspect we'll ever see Endeavour or Rodeo Clown due to cost/abv. Funny enough, SA bar either stocks less Elissa or sells more of it than other beers, because it wass out at least 50% of the games I went to last season.

18. Bluestar

Bluestar (0) Mar 5, 2012 Texas

good to know! I'll be up there in a couple of weeks for DMB...

19. morsetx

morsetx (0) Mar 10, 2013 Texas

Going to see the mighty Astros this weekend - anybody recently there for an update?

20. HKemhorns

HKemhorns (0) Apr 12, 2009 Texas

SA posted that their bar was going to have Art Car IPA. I haven't had it yet, but that's what I'd be going for.

21. TxUltraRunner

TxUltraRunner (0) Aug 16, 2012 Texas

Was there Friday - Art Car was there and a few others. From what I've heard Art Car tasted off.

22. nathanmiller

nathanmiller (0) Oct 7, 2009 New York

I was there last night. This was my first time having Art Car. If that's what Art Car is supposed to taste like, I'm very unimpressed. If it's "off," then maybe I need to try it again somewhere else. Tasted like dry-hopped amber to me. Nothing special at all.

23. Dogleg

Dogleg (0) Apr 4, 2014 Pennsylvania

Sounds like the lines were not properly cleaned.

24. stephenjmoore

stephenjmoore (0) Feb 17, 2011 Maryland
    Society

I'll be at Minute Maid next week while the O's are in town, any new updates for this season?

25. NiceFly

NiceFly (0) Dec 22, 2011 Tajikistan

If you can get into the Insperity boxes they have Hopadillo and Art Car on tap.

26. Dicers

Dicers (1,250) Sep 2, 2012 California
    Fest Crew Society Trader

Art Car is at the St. Arnold's bar and multiple karbach options at the top of the escalators to the right

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.