Crooked Stave beers in Greenwich Village ???

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by stmgl01, Jul 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stmgl01

stmgl01 Aspirant (200) Dec 11, 2007 Pennsylvania

I'm going to be in NYC on Tuesday evening to head to the Village Vanguard. Is there anywhere near 7th Ave and Greenwich Ave selling Crooked Stave beers to go? I'd like to pick up a few if I can.

Thanks in advance!

2. BKBassist

BKBassist Initiate (0) Jan 24, 2013 New York

Unsure of any West Villiage bottle shops, but Top Hops and Whole Foods Bowery on the LES have Crooked Stave, as does Good Beer in the East Village. Neither would be too tough to get to. Also Top Hops is an awesome place to grab a pint. And if you have the time, head to Greenpoint and go to Tørst for some world class offerings you won't find anywhere else.

dar482 likes this.
  3. stmgl01

Thanks for the info! Browsing the other Crooked Stave post in the Mid-Atlantic forum I noticed that the Whole Foods in Chelsea had some in stock. Does anyone know if that is still the case? It'll be a little easier for me to make it up there than to the East Village/LES.

4. BKBassist

BKBassist Initiate (0) Jan 24, 2013 New York

I can't say for sure, but the Chelsea beer section is only a fraction of what Bowery is. Probably worth making a phone call.

5. marshmeli

marshmeli Devotee (420) Feb 14, 2012 New York
    Beer Trader

Last week they had a few cases of Hop Savant and a few single bottles of 2 others (forget which)... you should at least be able to the Savant at Chelsea

6. sobeleg

sobeleg Disciple (390) Jun 29, 2011 New York
    Beer Trader

Murray's cheese in the west village may have some, although its a little pricey there. It's located about a block from the Blind Tiger so the location is convenient

7. stmgl01

Thanks for the tips everyone. I checked Tørst, which was just as great as I expected, and picked up all the Crooked Stave beers but for St. Bretta at the Whole Foods in Chelsea. They had plenty of Hop Savant left!

phooky and dar482 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.