Crooked Stave to distribute Tilquin, Hof Ten Dormaal, Stillwater and Evil Twin [& Send CS to NYC]

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by guyforget, May 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guyforget

guyforget Initiate (0) Nov 12, 2009 Colorado

PDawson, bushmat2 and adkieffer like this.
  2. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Poo-Bah (3,445) May 19, 2005 Colorado

Crap (the good kind)! Gotta make some shelf space now.

3. joshclauss

joshclauss Aspirant (243) Oct 31, 2010 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Only question is when. This is a really important calibration step for Colorado to help put our selection more in line with larger markets. I'm really glad that this beer is going into the hands of a company that will do it justice to the market, too.

4. tacosandbeer

tacosandbeer Aspirant (251) Sep 24, 2010 Nebraska
    Beer Trader

Wonder what CS is shipping first ;-)

5. stuart3368

stuart3368 Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2011 Colorado

Good news for the Denver area.

6. tacosandbeer

tacosandbeer Aspirant (251) Sep 24, 2010 Nebraska
    Beer Trader

And sure it's exciting, but Evil Twin, Stillwater, and Tilquin have been available from US online shops for a while. Saves on shipping for sure.

7. ArrogantB

ArrogantB Poo-Bah (3,074) Jun 9, 2006 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Buying Tilquin locally sounds nice.

Watch it probably cost more than it does in other states. :(

8. Kuester

Kuester Initiate (0) May 14, 2012 Colorado

Can't wait to see some Evil Twin Imperial Biscotti Break around here! Sorry if its all gone for the rest of you guys when you go searching :p j/k

9. PDawson

PDawson Initiate (161) Mar 27, 2013 Italy
    Beer Trader

freaking awesome. Recently checked out a bunch of stillwater stuff and loved it, and the tilquin goes without saying.

10. bushmat2

bushmat2 Initiate (0) Feb 18, 2011 Colorado

Does anyone know how much Tilquin is produced/shipped to the US as compared to drie fonteinen, cantillon, hanssens, etc? I ask because when traveling to places it is currently distributed to, it always seems to be sitting on the shelf. Which always surprised me as I prefer it to some of the others that you have to be following around a distro truck to obtain, and think many others would agree with me. Very pumped we will be getting some in CO finally.

Knownfactor and Prospero like this.
  11. Prospero

Prospero Savant (935) Jul 27, 2010 Colorado
    Beer Trader

I agree, Tilquin is one of my favorite gueuzes and actually prefer it over 3F Oude Gueuze. In my own very non-scientific research I'd have to agree with your observation and probably would say it's equal to Hanssens distribution and a lot less than Cantillon or 3F, another underrated gueuze is the Black Label 1882, so good, glad we at least get that, occasionally.

bushmat2 likes this.
  12. Knownfactor

Knownfactor Initiate (0) Feb 20, 2010 Colorado

with Prairie here, now this...

excellent news. horrible news for our bank accounts.

13. Mebuzzard

Hey, we're stimulating the economy!

14. chaseabeer

chaseabeer Initiate (0) Feb 4, 2009 Oklahoma

There's more to the story...

15. FarmerTed

FarmerTed Aspirant (277) May 31, 2011 Colorado

I'm not too psyched about Evil Twin if all it turns out to be is more random-ass, over-priced shelf turds like the stuff from his brother. I'm really not looking forward to a 'base-malt' series.

poonamibaxter and MYJELLOMISFIT like this.
  16. baronvonhampton

baronvonhampton Initiate (0) May 25, 2013

How do we know they will do a brand justice to the market? They have never distributed anything but their own beers. Im guessing all of these brands will show up at the usual locations for a while and then start to disappear...

17. Mebuzzard

I would like the "single" series-es, buuuuuut not for $6.99 each

18. FarmerTed

FarmerTed Aspirant (277) May 31, 2011 Colorado

Especially when they're ipa's brewed somewhere overseas. I really don't understand why there are so many imported american-style ipa's in the shops (not just mikeller, but 8-wire, nogne and others), when they cost a ton and no one seems to buy them. We've got odell, we really don't need an ipa brewed in New Zealand.

19. joshclauss

joshclauss Aspirant (243) Oct 31, 2010 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Because Chad cares about this endeavor and wants you to be able to drink the best beer possible the way it was intended to be had. If you're skeptical about this, I don't know what I could tell you to change your mind.

coreymcafee likes this.
  20. Prospero

Prospero Savant (935) Jul 27, 2010 Colorado
    Beer Trader

My guess is that they'd do it like Hill Farmstead and just sell the "guest" bottles at the tap room. I doubt they'd just start delivering to the stores for them.

21. Mebuzzard

Article states to distribute so I imagine stores currently selling CS would get some of these. I just hope they don't pull some dirty distributor trick and create 20, 50, 100 deals like others do. I'd probably drop 'em all if that happened :confused:

22. CK21

CK21 Initiate (167) Feb 6, 2011 Colorado

That doesn't happen. It's an old wives' tale.

Mebuzzard likes this.
  23. coreymcafee

coreymcafee Initiate (125) May 30, 2006 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Maybe they will drop you.

:D

Nobody drops The Jason.

woodchopper, Mebuzzard and joshclauss like this.
  24. Bardwashrind

Bardwashrind Initiate (0) Jul 1, 2008 Colorado
    Beer Trader

We would all be living in a better world if Tilquin was on a 50 case deal.

25. Mebuzzard

I dropped myself once, but that was back in highschool in my mom's basement.

woodchopper likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.

Learn More
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.

Learn More
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Learn More