Curbside beer pickups in New England

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by sosbombs, Mar 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M-Fox24

M-Fox24 Meyvn (1,446) Mar 17, 2013 New Jersey
    Trader

Some more info on Armsby's situation, the process going forward, and resting Stoutfest kegs

https://www.worcestermag.com/entert...eer-takeout-offers-salvation-for-armsby-abbey

2. Newport_beerguy

Newport_beerguy Defender (637) Feb 24, 2011 Rhode Island
    Trader

Stoutfest to go? :astonished:

thedivebar likes this.
  3. AlcahueteJ

AlcahueteJ Poo-Bah (1,916) Dec 4, 2004 Massachusetts
    Society

Sure.

Do you have $200 for a growler?

"I spent my stimulus check on Stoutfest".

4. M-Fox24

M-Fox24 Meyvn (1,446) Mar 17, 2013 New Jersey
    Trader

Perhaps a “Portable Beer Flight” is in the works

AlcahueteJ likes this.
  5. cmoney13

cmoney13 Initiate (153) Sep 9, 2017 Massachusetts
    Deactivated

they should just auction off the kegs.

6. BRYeleJR

BRYeleJR Disciple (347) May 18, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Any chance anyone has ordered to go beer from TreMonte Pizzeria in Tyngsboro? They added Dinner to their Untappd list, and I asked if they were filling growlers. They noted on Facebook they can only sell beer in their "approved containers." I asked what that was -- no reply. I tried to call on the phone, but no answer.

Anyone know how they're selling beer and how prices are? They usually have a decent draft list, so was curious. Their website and Facebook page have no information about how they're doing curbside pickup, etc. at this time. Could definitely use a pizza and Dinner today...

eaglephile likes this.
  7. Hardcore-Midget

Hardcore-Midget Initiate (14) Jul 8, 2016 Massachusetts

I got pickup pizza and some takeout beer from Tremonte in Lowell this past weekend.
    No growler fills- they filled up plastic to-go pint cups and sealed them with a lid, and gave me a cardboard cup-holder to hold them, similar to when you get multiple coffees from Dunkin.

Pricing was the typical price per pour you would pay at the restaurant- think I got a $8 Burlington Orbital and a $7 Medusa pour.

SunDevilBeer and AlcahueteJ like this.
  8. BRYeleJR

BRYeleJR Disciple (347) May 18, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Thanks! Good to know. I'm close to half an hour away from Tynsboro, so that doesn't really sound ideal for my situation -- but appreciate the reply! A lot closer to the Lowell one, though, so maybe...?

Doesn't sound great if there's a traffic stop, though hopefully the police would be understanding if it's still full...

9. Hardcore-Midget

Hardcore-Midget Initiate (14) Jul 8, 2016 Massachusetts

They also tape over the sealed lid and write the name of the beer on it. So I think you would be OK with a traffic stop.

From past history, both locations tend to get the same beers at the same time. So maybe Lowell will have the Dinner fills available soon.

Warp & Weft in Lowell is also doing takeout with beer-pints to go. I think The Keep is also.
    So maybe keep an eye on both and see if they maybe luck into a keg of Dinner too.

AlcahueteJ and BRYeleJR like this.
  10. AlcahueteJ

Society

Aren't they the same thing? :wink:

BRYeleJR likes this.
  11. Newport_beerguy

Newport_beerguy Defender (637) Feb 24, 2011 Rhode Island
    Trader

Although I don't think Armsby has a canning line so it would have to be a "growlette" situation.

In fact I don't know why the scientists are wasting time on a Covid-19 vaccine, time to divert resources to this important project for humanity.

eaglephile and AlcahueteJ like this.
  12. darkandhoppy

darkandhoppy Aspirant (203) Dec 26, 2008 Connecticut

Alec posted a pic pouring from what looked like an 8oz petite growlette into a glass. If they're really going to do a stoutfest to go, I'd guess these will enter into it.

AlcahueteJ and CTHopman like this.
  13. thedaveofbeer

thedaveofbeer Aspirant (293) Mar 25, 2016 Massachusetts
    Trader

And here it is folks- 2020 covid smackdown and we are getting sensible advice about breaking state laws from someone called hardcore midget. This is a strange trip indeed.

14. mrmattosgood

mrmattosgood Aspirant (273) Nov 6, 2010 Canada (BC)
    Trader

In the past, I've been using Drizly for booze orders. It seems like they're no longer doing beer deliveries anymore? Any insight on this?

I'm cool to drive to pick up beer, but it's sooo much easier to get it dropped off here.

15. Justin42

Justin42 Aspirant (229) Apr 3, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Fort Point Market does delivery if you're within their footprint

fortpointmarket likes this.
  16. Capt_Quint

Capt_Quint Initiate (157) May 29, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

Their pickup is super easy too. Call when you get there and they put it in your car.

fortpointmarket and Justin42 like this.
  17. mhull

mhull Initiate (127) Apr 11, 2008 Massachusetts
    Trader

Stoutfest sampler up at Armsby. 8oz bottles.

2018 The Bruery Bakery: Coconut Macaroons | The Bruery, CA | 13.0% | Imperial Stout | Craving macaroons? This Imperial Stout has been aged in bourbon barrels with added coconut and natural vanilla flavors fit to satisfy any craving.

J. Wakefield Mark it Zero | J. Wakefield Brewing, FL | 12.0% | Imperial Stout | An Imperial Stout brewed in collaboration with Main & Mill Brewing from Missouri conditioned on Peanuts and Banana. **CONTAINS PEANUTS**

Põhjala Öö XO | Põhjala, EST | 11.5% | Imperial Baltic Porter | A special version of the Öö, aged for months in Cognac barrels. A silky-smooth texture of dark malts, red fruits, cognac, liquorice, and honey. Hints of molasses mix with flavors of dark chocolate, all balanced with elegant tannins cleaning the palate

Prairie Bomb | Prairie Artisan Ales, OK | 13.0% | Imperial Stout | An imperial stout aged on espresso beans, chocolate, vanilla beans, and ancho chile peppers. All the flavors meld to create a truly unique beer. The peppers add just the right amount of heat to compliment the intense coffee and chocolate flavors.

18. Justin42

Trader

That's pretty cool. Pricing seems ok too, these bottles would be around ~$20/500 ml probably. Much better deal than the $28 pack of Trillium Fort Point!

EnronCFO likes this.
  19. JonnyJuicebox

JonnyJuicebox Initiate (150) Jun 3, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

Any jp or rozzie rats shouldn’t sleep on square root in rozzie center. Their beer list always has great stuff and they’re doing beer to go. Currently drinking a growler of a tilted barn dipa.

now go empty that keg before I buy another...

20. Justin42

Trader

Putting this here because there isn't a separate beer/restaurant/takeout/delivery thread (should there be?): Row 34 has bottles of Cantillon Classic Gueze (2018) for $34 when you order takeout (current just lobster rolls, just started this week).

eaglephile, AlcahueteJ and Sheppard like this.
  21. EnronCFO

EnronCFO Zealot (599) Mar 29, 2007 Massachusetts

Cool, but you’d be pretty dumb (exaggerating, buy what you want) to pay $34 for Cantillon Gueuze when Fort Point has 3F and Tilquin for about half that price next door. Even A&G is cheaper.

fortpointmarket likes this.
  22. EnronCFO

EnronCFO Zealot (599) Mar 29, 2007 Massachusetts

Great neighborhood spot. Hope they make it through this, they try real hard to put out top flight beer options and do a lot of community engagement.

23. MattOC

MattOC Defender (645) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Plus, you have to pay the $50 minimum for the two person lobster roll kit.

It’s all moot since the Cantillon has already sold out.

AlcahueteJ likes this.
  24. Justin42

Trader

I don't eat seafood and have more Cantillon Gueze than I know what to do with that I paid ~$12/bottle for (before shipping...) from Belgium, just an fyi for anyone who might be interested!

IMN0P, nathanb47 and AlcahueteJ like this.
  25. AlcahueteJ

Society

Unless you like Cantillon better.

Also, since no one's going out anyways and spending money at a restaurant on drafts...etc. I personally could justify that. Couple that with supporting a restaurant that just opened up for take out.

I could be wrong, but liquor stores probably don't need much additional support right now. In fact, if I really liked Lambic/Gueuze that much, I'd just pick up from both places!

26. thedaveofbeer

thedaveofbeer Aspirant (293) Mar 25, 2016 Massachusetts
    Trader

Yeah, but what was the landed cost? And it was only 12 bucks for 375 or 750ML? from what site? Thankfully I prefer the 3F Gueze ,but I certainly would love to find some RDG at a reasonable price.

27. Glider

Glider Aspirant (267) Nov 15, 2004 Massachusetts
    Trader

What’s the FYI for? Are you bartering away your Cantillon bottles for food? I’ll give you a burger and fries for one

kinopio and AlcahueteJ like this.
  28. Justin42

Trader

I placed two orders a few months ago, one from Belgium in a Box and one from Etre Gourmet; both arrived in less than a week and packed fantastically. I shared a couple with friends but the majority of the two cases are sitting in my (thankfully climate controlled!) office during the shutdown, wish I had brought them home! It was around $750 USD for everything, but as you'll see I got a ton of stuff and feel like I'm set on lambic for a few years since these are mostly special occasion bottles for sharing. I did grab a bunch of 375 ml Cantillon guezes for myself :slight_smile: Shipping runs just under $100 USD; you can add/delete bottles from your order to find the sweet spot where you are maxing out on the number of bottles for the best shipping cost.

From Belgium in a box, landed cost of ~$380 USD I got:

9 x 375ml gueze

6 x 750 ml bottles of fruited lambic, don't remember every bottle, but it included Fou Foune, Cantillon Kriek, 3F Hommage Bio 2018, 3F Hommage Bio 2019 , 3F Framboos, and 1 other (Cantillon/3F)

From Etre Gourmet, landed cost of ~$390 USD I got the following:

Cantillon Gueuze 2019 (750ml)
    1 €11.79 €11.79

Cantillon Rose de Gambrinus 2019 (750ml)
    1 €16.11 €16.11

Cantillon Kriek 2019 (750ml)
    1 €15.49 €15.49

3 Fonteinen Hommage 17/18 Assemblage n° 40 (750ml)
    1 €42.65 €42.65

3 Fonteinen Framboos Oogst 2017 Assemblage n° 70 (750ml)
    1 €46.79 €46.79

Cantillon Rose de Gambrinus 2018 (375ml)
    1 €10.37 €10.37

Cantillon Gueuze 2019 (375ml)
    1 €7.15 €7.15

Cantillon Kriek 2019 (375ml)
    1 €8.88 €8.88

3 Fonteinen Oude Geuze 18/19 Assemblage n°62 (375ml)
    1 €11.57 €11.57

3 Fonteinen Hommage BIO 18/19 Assemblage n° 57 (375ml (I think))
    €21.78

3 Fonteinen Framboos Oogst 2018 Vat 18/19 Assemblage n°74 (375 ml I think)
    1 €23.91 €23.91

Westvleteren 12 (for old times' sake!)

5 @ €12.95 €64.75

AlcahueteJ and thedaveofbeer like this.
  29. Justin42

Trader

Ha! sorry, I meant the fyi was my posting the Row 34 deal, which isn't for me since I don't like seafood but thought others might be interested.

30. PriorDoubleDark

PriorDoubleDark Initiate (0) Mar 4, 2013 New Hampshire

This weekend's plug for great beer and easy drive-up (after last weekend where the beer I bought was bleeeck so I'll not ID the brewery): Loaded Question Brewing Company on Islington St in Portsmouth NH. I ordered online (2 4 packs and a 32oz growler) and although they were willing to come out the curb to deliver my purchases I went inside, found a very cool bar I hope to patronize once this craziness is ebbed, and scooped up some great beer. Here's to the little guy putting out some awesome product!

31. cskollmann

cskollmann Initiate (67) Apr 30, 2008 Massachusetts

May I ask why not? I value this site for pointing me to good beer but also for steering away from bad beer. If a brewery is producing bad beer it's good to know. Heck, it's good for them to know! I got a couple bad cans of notch once and they were grateful I posted so they could address the issue (new cleaning regimen).

32. Piels25

Piels25 Aspirant (236) Dec 17, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

+1

33. PriorDoubleDark

PriorDoubleDark Initiate (0) Mar 4, 2013 New Hampshire

I'll give 'em another shot. I'm pretty forgiving these COVID days; I suspect some breweries are barely hanging on. This particular brewery has many beers rated 4 or above on BA, and none of these were available. If it happens again I'll be sure to note it in this forum.

AlcahueteJ likes this.
  34. AlcahueteJ

Society

So I tried to order from Fort Point Market but was confused.

It said you can order through Buttery. Clicked the link (using my iPad) and the page just kept loading. I further investigated and saw that Buttery was bought by Drizly. So I downloaded that app but didn’t find any of the goodies on there that I figured Fort Point Market might have. I also didn’t see them on there.

I guess the bigger question is, will they deliver to Somerville?

@fortpointmarket

35. Capt_Quint

Trader

I ran into something similar, but figured out it’s all through Fortpointmarketstore.com. There’s an ORDER NOW link on there. It didn’t work super well on my phone so I ended up doing it on a laptop.

36. AlcahueteJ

Society

Thanks!

37. fortpointmarket

fortpointmarket Initiate (22) Apr 15, 2020 Massachusetts

Sorry late response, but yes we deliver to Somerville, Cambridge, Medford, Charlestown, Everett, Brighton, Dorchester, South Boston, Fenway, South End, Roxbury, Jamaica Plain and East Bostn.

Originally before this whole pandemic, we weren't relying on our actual store website and paid a 3rd party to create everything for us. Welp, little did we know, they did a poor job and that was when buttery was an actual company. Anyways long story short, we scramble to meticulously create our own online shop overnight a month ago, ( Fortpointmarketstore.com ) and we seem to get better results.

We haven't had a break to sit down and fix the error of the original website that a lot of folks get confused and hoping to fix that matter asap.

So yes.....Fortpointmarketstore.com is the way to go.

38. fortpointmarket

fortpointmarket Initiate (22) Apr 15, 2020 Massachusetts

Sorry for the issue on this not working on your phone. Hoping to fix things soon.

AlcahueteJ and Sheppard like this.
  39. Capt_Quint

Trader

No worries, it ended up working super smoothly on the laptop and pickup couldn't have been easier.

40. sgulner

sgulner Initiate (161) Apr 16, 2011 Massachusetts
    Trader

Any suggestions for pick up ideas on Friday? Traveling out of Everett area? I've done the Night shift, Idle Hands, etc. experience. Don't want to drive out of state obviously, but am willing to drive a little!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.