Currently on the shelves at Hill Farmstead (April 2017)

Discussion in 'New England' started by NiceBeerCans, Apr 1, 2017.

1. NiceBeerCans

NiceBeerCans Initiate (183) Mar 16, 2013 New York
    Beer Trader

Since Hill Farmstead is no longer holding official release events, please use this thread to post the bottles available on the shelves along with costs, sizes, limits, and so forth.

It's OK to include the beers available in growlers too. Also, you can post new additions, for onsite consumption, in their tap room.

As always, looking at the HF retail page
    http://www.hillfarmstead.com/retail/

or calling the brewery
    802-533-7450

are your best sources for up-to-date information.

** Updated bottle release policy: http://hillfarmstead.com/faq/retail-shop/what-is-the-bottle-release-policy.html. This FAQ has been updated on June 11, 2016 and they will ONLY accept a credit card/debit card accompanied by a valid, legal picture ID that matches the name on the credit card (this excludes generic Visa / MasterCard gift cards). This requirement is only for all special releases and barrel-aged beers. Read the entire linked page which explains the changes.

To see what's available to drink (and eat) in their new tap room, click on the following link:

http://hillfarmstead.com/onsite/

There is a 2 drink limit (samples not included). Everything on tap is available to sample.

The bottle shop stops selling bottles at 5:00 pm sharp. The tap room will stay open to fill growlers for the people who are inside already before 5:00 pm and are waiting for the staff to complete their order.

The onsite bottles, for consumption in the tap room only, are NOT to leave the tap room. Please do NOT try to steal the empty bottles. Please respect the rules. Thank you.

High abv beer bottles (ie Double Barrel Damon bottles) have to be split for on premises consumption. This is a strict rule. Please note that it's actually pretty easy to find people to split a beer up there (if you didn't bring anybody). Just say out loud that you are looking to split a DBD and you'll find takers. Enjoy.

Food truck

Food truck will be sticking around through December. They had a change of heart last weekend.

Oysters should also be back at some point soon.

@AutumnBeerLove, HF staff member, has been nice enough to respond to questions on this thread and to provide valuable updates like the following:

I think it is mostly safe to say our new draft onsite location in retail will stick around for the summer, if not the potential busier days. This keeps growler waits at a maximum of an hour with an average wait of under 30 minutes for a day. Along with that, it keeps two employees in retail and thus has the bottles line moving too.

2. Gvd0006

Gvd0006 Initiate (121) Oct 21, 2015 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Site was updated and BoT is still on it. Any chance it will last until open Thursday?

3. ArkyVaughan

ArkyVaughan Savant (923) Nov 1, 2013 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

I don't think the web site has been updated. I was there this afternoon. Susan was no longer on and Double Citra kicked around 2:00 pm. - both are still listed on the web site.

Gvd0006 likes this.
  4. Gvd0006

Beer Trader

Ahh thanks! Just noticed WoL got added and assumed it was updated.

5. TheSevenDuffs

TheSevenDuffs Poo-Bah (3,005) Jan 20, 2010 Ontario (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Anyone have an idea what the stock is like for CD19, Arthur Puncheon and BoTK? Specifically the odds of any of them making it to Friday afternoon?

Mikecap and Gvd0006 like this.
  6. QCHopper

QCHopper Initiate (82) Dec 9, 2014 Vermont
    Beer Trader

The WoL has not been added yet, don't look at the home page, look at the retail section to know if the site was updated or not.

Gvd0006 likes this.
  7. AutumnBeerLove

AutumnBeerLove Aspirant (228) Oct 16, 2010 Vermont
    Beer Trader

I've been on vacation, so the site is a bit behind. Susan will be back to start the week along with the new works of Love beer. Double citra is gone.

8. NiceBeerCans

Beer Trader

You get vacation?

duchessedubourg likes this.
  9. NiceBeerCans

Beer Trader

At least they left the website work for you. haha. Hope it was a good one!

10. Parkje04

Parkje04 Initiate (0) Nov 17, 2013 Pennsylvania

Is the site behind on bottle availability as well? Thinking of coming up on Thursday. Thanks!

Gvd0006 likes this.
  11. Mikecap

Mikecap Champion (829) May 18, 2012 Rhode Island
    Beer Trader

It's pretty consistently updated for the week on Monday/Tuesday.

Parkje04 likes this.
  12. ArkyVaughan

Beer Trader

I was there on Saturday and it looked like they had a lot of CD19 left.

13. Gvd0006

Beer Trader

How did the stack of BoT K look?

14. ArkyVaughan

Beer Trader

Unfortunately, I didn't see where they were pulling the BoT bottles from, so I'm not sure. Same with Arthur Puncheon. There was a pallet labeled CD19 and it looked pretty full, which is why I think that one should last for a while.

Gvd0006 likes this.
  15. AutumnBeerLove

Beer Trader

Lookin' pretty low.

jhavs likes this.
  16. Gvd0006

Beer Trader

Think it will last into Thursday?

Parkje04 likes this.
  17. icfpny

icfpny Initiate (174) Apr 3, 2015 New York
    Beer Trader

Anyone ski Stowe or Sugarbush today? Washout? Or worth coming up for this weekend for one more trip?

18. Phineasco

Phineasco Aspirant (208) Sep 4, 2016 Massachusetts

Damn, I'm going tm. If BoT sells out I'll get works of love. I've never heard of spicebush.

Gvd0006 likes this.
  19. AutumnBeerLove

Beer Trader

No

Gvd0006 likes this.
  20. Jedoucette

Jedoucette Initiate (135) May 29, 2015 Connecticut

A bit off-topic:

Heading up Saturday and plan to pick up a good amount of the retail shop bottles. We are then traveling across the border to Montreal for a few days before heading back home through VT again to CT. Anyone done this before and know if I will have a problem at the border crossing (either coming or going) if I have a box full of HF?

21. QCHopper

QCHopper Initiate (82) Dec 9, 2014 Vermont
    Beer Trader

Being american you're good coming in with beer you bought in the US so long as you declare it and say it's for personal consumption... Can't say about going back though

22. JayKoz

JayKoz Initiate (161) Jun 20, 2014 Connecticut

I have zero experience doing this but that would make my heart race.

23. knicks19947

knicks19947 Zealot (574) Mar 7, 2014 New York
    Beer Trader

I am doing this exact same thing in August and was wondering the same thing. I have a family member in Montreal that said you have to declare alcohol and pay a tax but not sure I trust that info. Would like to hear from someone that has real experience.

24. tjohn2401

tjohn2401 Initiate (52) May 26, 2010 Michigan
    Beer Trader

25. Adirondack47

Adirondack47 Initiate (167) Dec 25, 2013 New York
    Beer Trader

@AutumnBeerLove How does the supply of CD19, Arthur Puncheon and WOL look? Do you think that they will make it through Tomorrow?

Lucoli likes this.
  26. AutumnBeerLove

Beer Trader

CD19 and WoL will, yes. Puncheon is a maybe

27. ekardz

ekardz Aspirant (289) Dec 6, 2009 New York
    Beer Trader

E. returns.

MosaicDrops likes this.
  28. John_M

John_M Moderator (5,430) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Beer Trader

On the other hand, the puncheon is now an onsite consumption only purchase.

29. Keithengelke

Keithengelke Initiate (184) Jun 23, 2015 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Autumn Beer Love any idea of any new hops for fills was hoping double nelson survived.

30. AutumnBeerLove

Beer Trader

Double Galaxy, the return of Conduct of Life, and a brand new IPA called "Three Magic Letters."

clay23, MarkJC1018 and jhavs like this.
  31. TJRoar

TJRoar Aspirant (267) Nov 6, 2012 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Anyone know how CD19 stock is looking? I won't be there till Friday.

32. AutumnBeerLove

Beer Trader

Potentially going to sell out today or tomorrow would be my guess.

TJRoar likes this.
  33. wasatchback

wasatchback Aspirant (236) Jan 12, 2014 Utah
    Beer Trader

Anyone have any beta on Three Magic Letters? Supposedly it utilizes Riwaka, not sure I've had a Riwaka dominate beer before.

34. Davl22

Davl22 Disciple (352) Sep 27, 2011 New Hampshire
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Susan uses Riwaka as well. Big notes of grapefruit in the flavor and aroma.

35. jamvt

jamvt Disciple (382) Aug 5, 2005 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Picked some up yesterday. One of my new faves, really juicy. And yes, the 3 magic letters are IPA.

36. ChrisV784

ChrisV784 Initiate (134) Jun 1, 2016 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Heading up Saturday for the first time ever. So excited! The list that's up now, how much will that change between now and then?

Hirshi likes this.
  37. EDNOSE

EDNOSE Aspirant (221) Oct 27, 2007 Connecticut

Tagging along to this. I've never gone on a Saturday before. If there's nothing special going on, what is a typical crowd these days? Waits and parking issues or not too bad?

38. JTCelica

JTCelica Initiate (134) Oct 12, 2014 Vermont
    Beer Trader

Waits on a Saturday can be hit or miss. This time of year with the mud, it's much less busy. If you eliminate the cray busy times like brewfest weekend, etc. the waits are still very manageable and it gives you time to enjoy a drink or two and to soak up the beautiful landscape. There is ample parking, so that shouldn't be an issue.

39. dbphoto04

dbphoto04 Initiate (114) Nov 22, 2015 Massachusetts

So what are the odds E. and WoL tired hands last into the weekend?

debokle likes this.
  40. AutumnBeerLove

Beer Trader

I like your chances

ewendel, Lucoli and dubdrop like this.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • Subscribe to BeerAdvocate Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Subscribe