Currently on the shelves at Hill Farmstead (August 2017)

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by NiceBeerCans, Aug 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purephase

purephase Feb 23, 2008 Connecticut
    Trader

Doc Ponds had it on this weekend.

OGShotzy likes this.
  2. wehaveamap

wehaveamap Jan 16, 2010 Massachusetts
    Trader

Haha, yeah it was from anniversary week. Shhh, don't tell Shaun:grimacing:

3. ManapuaMan

ManapuaMan Apr 3, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

Recently - enjoyed it on Friday. From an old keg I assume?

4. LukieBL

LukieBL Jun 10, 2015 Massachusetts

5. ManapuaMan

ManapuaMan Apr 3, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

I drank the hell out of it. It was glorious. Only beer I had multiples of during the trip.

Also - was nice getting to know all you BAs on the Forums. I will be in my hole awaiting retribution if anyone needs me.

6. makalarch

makalarch Jul 31, 2011 Pennsylvania

Careful, lol, this is why I can't head into Philly and drink HF anymore no?

jonphisher and debokle like this.
  7. OGShotzy

OGShotzy Oct 5, 2014 Pennsylvania

+1

Had it there as well. Went great with the grilled cheese.

8. debokle

debokle Feb 20, 2017 Vermont

True, he might just cutoff all of Vermont from Hill Farmstead haha

woodfinish and makalarch like this.
  9. oldbean

oldbean Jun 30, 2005 Massachusetts

No announcement, but it looks like Nordic Saison was added to the bottle list this week.

10. woodfinish

woodfinish Aug 24, 2005 Massachusetts

When HF crowds/lines/hype were at their worst a few years ago, I occasionally worried that Shaun would go full Willy Wonka, put up a big iron gate on Hill Road and just brew beer for himself and the Oompa Loompas.

11. RuckIt

RuckIt Apr 29, 2008 Massachusetts
    Trader

12. NiceBeerCans

NiceBeerCans Mar 16, 2013 New York

13. RuckIt

RuckIt Apr 29, 2008 Massachusetts
    Trader

Yup. There has been a lull in limited releases this summer and it prompted me to do a retrospective investigation. It looks like there were similar lulls this time each of the last two years, so maybe something to keep in mind for travelers next summer?

hopley, 7irondave and NiceBeerCans like this.
  14. Abstractual

Abstractual Mar 6, 2015 New York

Where has Biere De Norma been for the last two years? Consistent vintages 2011/12/13/14/15, last release was Feb of 2015.

15. woodfinish

woodfinish Aug 24, 2005 Massachusetts

Maybe we're waiting on a Norma Cuvée?

16. oldbean

oldbean Jun 30, 2005 Massachusetts

No cans this week or are they old news now?

17. soheadyithurts

soheadyithurts Jan 4, 2013 Massachusetts

Maybe Double Citra. Saw a random Instagram post.

18. JuanFushashi

JuanFushashi Feb 5, 2011 Maine
    Trader

Saw Karma Emulsion on untappd, which I have not seen since they've been canning. I think it's safe to assume that you will find cans when you go up there. Best bet is to look at the draft list and figure two or three will be in can form as well.

19. ScottKramer

ScottKramer May 27, 2016 New York

Would anyone have any idea how long Civil Disobeience (being released this wednesday) may last, base on past experience? Thanks very much in advance

20. blynchus

blynchus Jul 15, 2014 New Hampshire
    Society

I'm bring my dog up there on Friday and I know he's not allowed in the tasting room. Have they added any picnic tables or chairs in the grass area? It's been about a year since I've been. I am just looking for a place to sit with my dog and have a couple tastings while I wait

21. soheadyithurts

soheadyithurts Jan 4, 2013 Massachusetts

They have picnic tables outside. Sounds like you'll have a great time

22. QCHopper

QCHopper Dec 9, 2014 Vermont

For a very long time now releases have lasted at least a week and multiple weeks in many cases. Considering they are closed on Sautrday this week I think it's a safe bet that this will last into next week

ScottKramer and jhavs like this.
  23. pehodges

pehodges May 25, 2013 Massachusetts

24. chazmcbro

chazmcbro Sep 7, 2010 Wisconsin

This might be kind of a dumb question, but we're staying in Craftsbury and won't be able to make it to Greensboro before HF closes that day. Is there anywhere else in the area to grab some HF (restaurant or retail)? If not, no big deal as we plan on visiting the brewery the next day, but it'd be nice to grab some good beers before settling in for the night.

25. OGShotzy

For sure. I do not know the area super well, but Parker Pie in Glover usually (always?) has HF on draft. Also, depending on where you are coming from, it's usually on at certain bars all over Burlington/Waterbury/Stowe etc.

chazmcbro likes this.
  26. duchessedubourg

duchessedubourg Nov 2, 2007 Vermont

You can often find bottles at Willey's store right in Greensboro. Check their hours for the day.

Shaymus, woodfinish and chazmcbro like this.
  27. chazmcbro

Ah ok, we'll be coming up from Boston and it looks like most of those places are west of where we'll be. We'll see how the drive goes but Parker Pie looks like a good dinner option for at least one of the nights we'll be there. Thanks!
    Nice, I will check that out. Thanks!

28. debokle

debokle Feb 20, 2017 Vermont

Can confirm, Wiley's store does have bottles and lots of them but only the non-limited sour releases. Also if you go to parker pies get the Green Mountain Special. Just do it. You won't regret it. Might be busy (peak summer hours get up to 2 hour wait on pizzas) there saturday/friday night. Not a bad idea to call ahead and order ahead for eat in and tell them when you'll be there. Shouldn't be that busy but definitely won't be empty. Better to call it safe. I think the Craftsbury General store (the one closer to pete's green's) should still have Wunderkrammer bottles which is a side project of one of the assistant brewer. Pete's greens in Craftsbury is super cool too, great produce. Also the Highland Lodge has Hill Farmstead on tap as well.

hopley likes this.
  29. jhavs

jhavs Apr 16, 2015 New York
    Society Trader

You could stop at the Kingdom Taproom in St. Johnsbury on the way. They always have a few HF brews on tap as well as a good amount of other good local/national craft brews.

JuanFushashi likes this.
  30. JuanFushashi

Trader

I second King Taproom. Routinely go there and they always have Hill Farmstead on tap. Not sure when you're coming up @chazmcbro, but, I saw, for example, Edward, Society and Solitude, Abner, all listed as either on tap or coming up when I was there Saturday. Enjoy your trip!

#110 JuanFushashi, Aug 28, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    jhavs likes this.
  31. chazmcbro

That's awesome, our AirBnB is right by the Craftsbury General Store, and we noticed they sold beer, but didn't know what kind of selection they'd have. I'll be sure to look for the Wunderkrammer. Parker Pies is in the plans, but we'll be staying Wed & Thurs. evenings, so I'm not terribly worried about crowds. Highland Lodge looks super cool, maybe should've stayed there instead!

Kingdom Taproom is a great call and not far out of our way at all. In fact, I put their location into google maps and somehow it's less time than it would be Boston to Craftsbury...weird, but I'll take it as a sign.

32. pintsandtrainers

pintsandtrainers Jun 9, 2016 New Hampshire

Any news on HF launching an online store? When I was there in July they mentioned merch being put online and to check back in a few weeks .

OGShotzy likes this.
  33. AutumnBeerLove

AutumnBeerLove Oct 16, 2010 Vermont

Check back in a few weeks...

34. Trio2shine

Trio2shine Nov 15, 2011 California

:open_mouth:

35. jonphisher

jonphisher Aug 9, 2015 New Jersey
    Society Trader

I miss those days : (

makalarch likes this.
  36. makalarch

makalarch Jul 31, 2011 Pennsylvania

Takes me back to Philly beer week circa 2012 I want to say, met Shaun at Farmers Cabinet and then went to Butcher and Brewer where they had 14 HF beers on tap. Yeah the owner of those fine establishments then forged his liquor license and needless to say they are no longer around...

woodfinish likes this.
  37. OGShotzy

Two weeks ago I was told mid September. I need a t shirt that isn't size smedium!

38. JuanFushashi

Trader

The return of Double Galaxy! So excited to have this again, probably a top (D)IPA for me. @AutumnBeerLove, do you know if this will last the week? Also, will there be cans despite the short week? Thanks!

icfpny and Mattybuchs like this.
  39. mhull

mhull Apr 11, 2008 Massachusetts
    Trader

Double Galaxy cans today

40. ransom22

ransom22 Feb 5, 2016 Uzbekistan

Case limit?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.