Currently on the shelves at Hill Farmstead (February 2016)

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by NiceBeerCans, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. costanzo_mike

costanzo_mike Meyvn (1,214) Jul 17, 2014 Massachusetts

Sounds good, thank you

2. EveningCordial

EveningCordial Initiate (0) Apr 29, 2014 New Jersey

Anyone know if HF is dog friendly in the new taproom?

3. duchessedubourg

duchessedubourg Aspirant (260) Nov 2, 2007 Vermont

No longer inside there - food is being served now. OK out on the porch or bottle area.

Lupin and EveningCordial like this.
  4. EveningCordial

EveningCordial Initiate (0) Apr 29, 2014 New Jersey

Thanks.

5. Mikecap

Mikecap Champion (824) May 18, 2012 Rhode Island
    Trader

Also, to be safe I'd recommend buying your bottles as soon as you arrive, before heading to the taproom. For one, you ensure something won't sell out while you're drinking some Ann, and two, I usually spend less over there before having a beer or two :slight_smile:

ajcuster89 and bobbypaulson like this.
  6. invertedcrix

invertedcrix Initiate (0) May 4, 2015 New York

Any idea if Flora Plum will last until next Fri? Not counting on it but have my fingers crossed. Can't ever seem to time these HF trips right. Will be growlers and table dorothy next week with my luck...

Burntfoot likes this.
  7. SiddFinch

SiddFinch Initiate (166) Dec 18, 2013 New Hampshire
    Trader

All of the recent releases have been lasting at least a couple weeks, so I'd say chances are decent. I'm hoping it makes it through the week as well as I am unable to go up there til next Thursday.

8. QCHopper

QCHopper Initiate (0) Dec 9, 2014 Vermont

FYI Sue was back on today and a few people were having it... Flora Plum is drinking well :slight_smile:

CTJman likes this.
  9. Burntfoot

Burntfoot Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2015 New Jersey

I hope stuff is left when I get up there Sat at opening ...stuff is selling out fast
    any chance they add more to the list for sale for the rest of the weekend?

EvilAsh likes this.
  10. NiceBeerCans

NiceBeerCans Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2013 New York

Absolutely not. They don't do that.

Burntfoot likes this.
  11. regan2489

regan2489 Initiate (71) Jul 16, 2009 New York

Glad to see in the recent reviews that I was not the only one to be disappointed by the recent batch of Ephriam. I finally made it back up to the brewery last weekend and couldn't have been happier to see Ephriam on the board. I have fond memories of this beer from years ago, but had not had it for a long time, and I guess built my own personal hype for this beer. Maybe my palette has changed, but I definitely do not remember it being this boozy. It was just an average beer overall and thankfully was limited to just the 750ml fills.

purephase likes this.
  12. lalancette7

lalancette7 Initiate (0) Feb 1, 2015 Vermont

Genealogy added for Wednesday, 6 bottles pp @ $10. Also dropped flora plum to 1 pp.

13. icfpny

icfpny Initiate (0) Apr 3, 2015 New York

Looks like Flora Plum will probably be gone early-ish Wednesday (Twitter).

Anyone yet figure a rhyme or reason for the timing on the special on-site bottles (Ann, Sue, Iris, etc.)? I'll be there late Saturday afternoon, just sort of curious. Do they post them on the wall? Do they disappear at open?

14. Jmonah3

Jmonah3 Aspirant (207) Nov 3, 2014 New York

Last week they only had about 3 bottles of Sue each day, which went immediately at open. Ann and Being and Time seem to have been one time things (for now). I would venture to guess that an Ann announcement will be coming soon in regards to what I have heard will be a lottery for onsite.

15. Burntfoot

I heard Ann will be onsite only .. no release
    But of course I heard that from someone who heard from one of the workers.
    No special bottles on Saturday.. was bummed then three vans of people showed up for either a bachelor party or brewery tour. It was a mad house
    Drank my flora plum a little faster then I would of wanted but way too crazy with that group of people there. Decided to go to lost nation for lunch and a calmer time. Was going great till they showed up there as well lol
    So much for a calm visit.. the party atmosphere didn;t fit those two locations that well

16. ajcuster89

ajcuster89 Aspirant (206) Apr 14, 2014 Vermont
    Trader

I had the same experience as you a few months back on my 1st visit to Maine Beer Co. Got there 11am-ish on a Thursday and there was a party bus with 25+ frat bros there for a bachelor party. Just got bottles and got the hell out of there, it was so loud and people spilling beers everywhere.

Friday at Hill was great. Got my full allotment of everything and enjoyed a Drie Oude Gueuze out on the deck. Maybe 20 total people there. Great experience at the new taproom.

17. BucketsB

BucketsB Initiate (0) Mar 1, 2011 Massachusetts

I was able to get Sue at about 3:00 PM this past Saturday -- it was an index-card sized attachment for Sue and Iris attached with a binder clip to the menu at the bar for on-site consumption. Shaun poured it for me, nice guy.

18. CTJman

CTJman Champion (825) Jan 14, 2013 Connecticut
    Trader

haha i was there at the open too - As i got my fills the first 2 pulled up and i dont think i ever moved faster to the bottle line. i remember telling my friends had we arrived 10 minutes later we would of been screwed. But it wasnt 3 vans - it was 4 and was a bachelor party

19. Janeinma

Janeinma Devotee (438) May 24, 2009 Massachusetts

it may have been a batchelor party but it looks like this company wants to make it a regular thing.
    I think it was one of their guys who casually wandered into the tasting room with an open cup of something Phil strongly suspected was alcohol. Phil chased him out but did not catch him.
    http://www.vermontvipservices.com/chauffeured-vermont-brewery-tours/
    I dearly hope this was an anomaly.

20. costanzo_mike

costanzo_mike Meyvn (1,214) Jul 17, 2014 Massachusetts

We ran into the same group at Rock Art on Saturday. The owners of the brewery were very upset that someone was breaking the rules of their tap room as well. Disappointing to see groups acting like jerks out there

21. Burntfoot

that is the thing.. these vans roll up and a bunch of drunk guys get out pushing each other and yelling. If I wanted that atmosphere I would go to the good ol jersey shore lol
    First time I could not wait to leave HF and lost nation

I could tell HF and Lost Nation where not thrilled

22. Jmonah3

Jmonah3 Aspirant (207) Nov 3, 2014 New York

It's really sad that a group of clowns can ruin it for everyone. We're actually doing a Vermont weekend for my bachelor party in June, about 8 of us. Unlike these bros, we've actually already reached out to a few of the breweries we want to stop in at and everyone has been awesome so far about just keeping them posted when we finalize it all and they'll do whatever they can to accommodate comfortably and make our experiences great.

23. Janeinma

Janeinma Devotee (438) May 24, 2009 Massachusetts

Seeing as I am planning a trip I was checking Jester King's website and they specifically state party buses are not allowed, they require pre authorization for any large group and have a list of buses that are banned from the property.
    There is always someone pushing limits.
    and as for batchelor parties, a friend recently spent the weekend in VT for his stag weekend. But they spent the Friday sober grabbing beer (7 2L growlers of hf beer) then got hammered at their rental. a little more responsible.

24. CTJman

CTJman Champion (825) Jan 14, 2013 Connecticut
    Trader

thats it - that was the name of the service name on the vans

some of the guys were clearly (and also overheard one say) drinking before they got there.

25. duchessedubourg

duchessedubourg Aspirant (260) Nov 2, 2007 Vermont

Thanks for the heads-up! Will continue to avoid weekends at all cost.

CTJman likes this.
  26. QCHopper

Agreed, I am lucky enough to make week day runs

Burntfoot likes this.
  27. AutumnBeerLove

AutumnBeerLove Initiate (0) Oct 16, 2010 Vermont

They won't be coming back.

F2brewers, mendvicdog, Lupin and 12 others like this.
  28. Burntfoot

thank god!!

29. bobbypaulson

bobbypaulson Initiate (0) Oct 28, 2010 Rhode Island

new on-site bottle:
    • Blaugies/Hill Farmstead: A spelt saison brewed with Amarillo hops was made in collaboration with Hill Farmstead. 750ml.
    which might be Le Vermontoise but it isn't named

#149 bobbypaulson, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  30. Lupin

Lupin Devotee (493) Jun 4, 2006 Connecticut
    Society Trader

Has to be. Previous description of that beer is: "A spelt saison (Saison d’Epeautre) with American hops (Amarillo)."

Edit: bottle page updated to call out the name.

Also, this week, a contract-brewed beer from Casita Cerveceria called 'Té Amo', which is a dark ale brewed with earl grey tea and lavender. https://twitter.com/CasitaTweets/status/702199474488217602

And Gypsy Tart from Bruery.

bobbypaulson likes this.
  31. AutumnBeerLove

You forgot Table Dorothy.

iwantmorehops and bobbypaulson like this.
  32. Persdawg

Persdawg Initiate (198) Mar 12, 2015 Texas
    Trader

Anyone have an idea of how many Flora Plum bottles were released?

33. QCHopper

34. Chaaaarlieeee

Chaaaarlieeee Initiate (0) Nov 23, 2012 Rhode Island

Not that the taplists in Waterbury won't be stellar anyways but I hope they still do the tap takeover. This will be my 4th year in a row making the trip. Great beer weekend!

35. scrub0bk

scrub0bk Initiate (100) Feb 21, 2014 Pennsylvania

Anyone know if the HF bulbs have been discontinued or are they just out of stock? Probably my favorite glass i own and i'd like to have a couple in the instance they're gone for good

36. M-Fox24

M-Fox24 Poo-Bah (1,787) Mar 17, 2013 New Jersey
    Society Trader

I’ve actually asked this on a couple occasions in both the retail shop and draft room. Unfortunately though, I have gotten mixed responses from a hazy order being delayed to an absolute no

So, perhaps someone else can provide more substance to your question?

37. AutumnBeerLove

They are no more.

M-Fox24 and scrub0bk like this.
  38. scrub0bk

scrub0bk Initiate (100) Feb 21, 2014 Pennsylvania

I liked the post, but don't like the fact they're gone. Love those glasses though, and the new willi's are awesome as well.

39. lalancette7

lalancette7 Initiate (0) Feb 1, 2015 Vermont

Phil said they were discontinued.

40. NiceBeerCans

NiceBeerCans Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2013 New York

Flora Plum bottles are sold out. Still can drink Flora Plum in tap room only.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.