Currently on the shelves at Hill Farmstead (January 2016)

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by F2brewers, Jan 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lalancette7

lalancette7 (0) Feb 1, 2015 Vermont

They said juicy will probably last until Saturday morning but maybe not the whole day.

2. StevePalmer

StevePalmer (0) Jan 1, 2013 New Jersey

Thank you..

3. Flabbyjandro

Flabbyjandro (0) Jun 12, 2012 Illinois

If anyone could be a pal that's going today and could update on juicy I'd appreciate it. On a work trip in Killington and looking to make the drive but not getting there til after 1...don't want to waste a day in the car if it's a 3 hour wait and good stuffs gone

4. lalancette7

If you call HF when they open they are usually pretty good at estimating if it will last.

5. Mikecap

Mikecap (810) May 18, 2012 Rhode Island
    Trader

Definitely wouldn't be a 3 hour wait either.

6. M-Fox24

M-Fox24 (1,093) Mar 17, 2013 New Jersey
    Society Trader

They dropped the limit to 3 to ensure everyone in line @ open got some. So, good luck, but chances are slim

...Great move by HF btw

7. Evmo31

Evmo31 (0) Feb 3, 2015 Connecticut

12ish cases juicy left, bottle line 15-20 deep

8. woodfinish

woodfinish (0) Aug 24, 2005 Massachusetts

Bottle Releases For The Week Of Jan. 13, 2016
    [​IMG]SATURDAY, JANUARY 9, 2016 AT 4:00PM
    On Weds., January 13, 2016, we're excited to release two new beers during normal retail hours:

Works of Love: Anchorage Brewing

A farmstead ale fermented in oak tanks, this beer was brewed in collaboration with our friend Gabe Fletcher of Anchorage Brewing Co. using barley, organic Vermont wheat, organic Vermont oats, fresh apples from Fletcher Orchard, hops, yeast and our well water.

$15 per bottle. 2 bottles per person. 375ml.

Madness & Civilization #5

Madness & Civilization is a panorama of our barrel aging program—oak-aged beers that emerge from their individual silences to find structure and voice as a unified composition. This is the result of an unpredictable state of permanent happenstance—a dialogue with our evolving approach to blending that challenges convention and circumstance. Each release will include multiple threads and is likely to approximate the style of an imperial stout.

Release #5: A blend of Aaron, Everett, and Works of Love: De Molen, all aged in bourbon barrels for more than 2 years.

$20 per bottles, 2 bottles per person. 500ml.

earljones199 and Mikecap like this.
  9. bobbypaulson

bobbypaulson (0) Oct 28, 2010 Rhode Island

Juicy is sold out

10. yllib

yllib (366) Feb 16, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

Hill farmstead is killing it right now. Every week, another reason to drive up.

11. Janeinma

Janeinma (0) May 24, 2009 Massachusetts

I was hoping to get some Satrurday so this made me sad too (yeah I know first world problems) so I reached out and asked the brewer. He says this is going to be one of their core beers and will be brewed again. I still would have liked to try it this time even to giving up one of the pomuelo which I enjoyed a lot. but it seems this will be around again and hopefully soon.

duchessedubourg and bobbypaulson like this.
  12. Janeinma

Janeinma (0) May 24, 2009 Massachusetts

oops yuck HATE coming back and seeing typos. I meant Saturday.

Mikeypnh likes this.
  13. Mikecap

Trader

Debating just moving up there. Would save so much time, effort, and the decision of going up week after week.

Mikeypnh likes this.
  14. duchessedubourg

duchessedubourg (320) Nov 2, 2007 Vermont

:stuck_out_tongue:Trailer for sale by the P.O. Could walk to HF from there.

Jmonah3, Mikecap and Janeinma like this.
  15. Mikecap

Trader

Done. Just PM me the details. I'm not sure where I'll work, but we can figure that out later. Happy to peel mangoes, pick dandelions, etc.

16. Stum-pub

Stum-pub (0) Sep 2, 2013 Connecticut

HF has always been killin' it.

17. JTCelica

JTCelica (0) Oct 12, 2014 Vermont

Anyone try the works of love that released today?

18. Jmonah3

Jmonah3 (0) Nov 3, 2014 New York

Had a WoL Anchorage while up there yesterday. Absolutely fantastic. So light and delicate, with a great crisp apple that comes through.

JonnyBeers likes this.
  19. Keithengelke

Keithengelke (324) Jun 23, 2015 Connecticut
    Trader

Any indication whether WOL and M&C will lay through the week.

20. Jmonah3

Jmonah3 (0) Nov 3, 2014 New York

My guess would be yes. It was quiet up there yesterday, and they said it was really quiet Wednesday and Thursday also.

21. woodfinish

woodfinish (0) Aug 24, 2005 Massachusetts

On Weds., January 20, 2016, we'll release two beers:

Florence

A fresh batch of our beautiful wheat farmstead ale.

$10 per bottle. 750ml.

Available in the tasting room for onsite consumption!

Civil Disobedience #16

Keeping with the theme of black beers landing on 4 in the series, this is a blend of five beers, aged between 8 and 30 months in oak barrels.

$30 per bottle. 4 bottles per person. 750ml.

Also available in the tasting room for onsite consumption!

22. pjvie

pjvie (0) May 30, 2014 Oregon

Do they still do tastings? Is it easy or do you feel like its inconveniencing the staff? With the insane growler fill line, I just assume its a hassle for them, but I won't have time for growler fills.

23. QCHopper

QCHopper (0) Dec 9, 2014 Vermont

They have staff dedicated to bottle pours/draft pours, that said "James" and "Of First and Last Things" added to the draft list

James: Black Ale brewed with American hops, German and American malted Barley. 6.4% abv

Of first and Last Things: American IPA. 6.5% abv

24. Davl22

Davl22 (577) Sep 27, 2011 New Hampshire
    Trader

The new setup is amazing and super efficient. The wait for both tastings/onsite bottles and growlers is the fastest it's been.

25. AutumnBeerLove

AutumnBeerLove (0) Oct 16, 2010 Vermont

If you have any questions when you enter the new draft room, please grab my attention. My name is Kevin, and I'll be behind the bar.

26. pjvie

pjvie (0) May 30, 2014 Oregon

Really appreciate it. I'll probably see you this week!

AutumnBeerLove likes this.
  27. donamh

donamh (0) Dec 27, 2012 New York

So someone tell me how good that CD16 is.

28. MosaicDrops

MosaicDrops (0) Jun 4, 2014 New York

Hygge: A hoppy red ale brewed with Classic American yeast and hops. Hygge is a danish word which is best describe as the feeling of a warm and inviting atmosphere in which to enjoy the good things in life... 6.7% abv

Earl bottles also returning on Wednesday

29. Davl22

Davl22 (577) Sep 27, 2011 New Hampshire
    Trader

Anyone have any info on Of First and Last things?

30. purephase

purephase (0) Feb 23, 2008 Connecticut
    Trader

Someone asked about the hops on Twitter and Shaun mentioned it had Simcoe, Amarillo, Mosaic, Nelson, and Citra.

SeeTheSters likes this.
  31. frekky

frekky (0) Oct 31, 2015 Massachusetts

Was given a full 2L growler of Of First and Last things that went untouched at my brothers wedding (too much amazing beer to drink it all) and it is quite tastey. Nectarine, peach, must on the nose with grapefruit on the backend. Quite creamy!

32. RuckIt

RuckIt (563) Apr 29, 2008 Massachusetts
    Trader

Quiet in here lately.

Anyone care to wildly speculate as to what might be coming next week? They've been releasing monster beers over the last two months (Flora, two different LoG, Elaborative 3, Juicy, M&C5, WoL, Flo, CD16) so a week without one (or two) just builds anticipation.

Ann should be sometime soon, based on recent comments from Shaun, iirc. Anything else people are waiting on?

33. Keithengelke

Keithengelke (324) Jun 23, 2015 Connecticut
    Trader

Genealogy of Morals is bottled and just being conditioned now. That most likely will be soon.

34. pisano

pisano (0) Sep 18, 2007 Massachusetts
    Trader

Shaun posted several months ago that he had Fear & Trembling in barrels. Not sure if or when that is going to be released.

woodfinish likes this.
  35. RuckIt

Trader

Did you hear that from the team up at HF? That would be the first time it wasn't released for retail... but then again, the first time they released it with the tasting room on site.

36. MarkJC1018

MarkJC1018 (0) Dec 27, 2009 Massachusetts

Fear & Trembling was available in November. Is this a follow-up batch to the one that was just out?

37. pisano

pisano (0) Sep 18, 2007 Massachusetts
    Trader

That was the regular version. He said he had some in barrels, i.e. barrel-aged version(s). Don't know if he's using various types of barrels similar to the original BA F&T release.

woodfinish and MarkJC1018 like this.
  38. MarkJC1018

MarkJC1018 (0) Dec 27, 2009 Massachusetts

Ah, I completely misread your post and missed "in barrels." Thank you for the clarification!

39. lalancette7

Any feedback on CD16?

40. RuckIt

Trader

Assuming this is the case, I wonder if the decision was made in direct response to the muling / reselling that has spiked in occurrence recently. Certainly one way to keep highly sought after beer in the hands of people who will actually enjoy it rather than just look to turn a profit!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.