Currently on the shelves at Hill Farmstead (January/February 2018)

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by NiceBeerCans, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattOC

MattOC Defender (686) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

$18

2. TheBirdSanc

TheBirdSanc Initiate (0) May 23, 2012 Massachusetts

y'all think Flora will last til Friday? I'm tryna get two birds stoned at once and get juicy and flora (and dbl galaxy cans)

3. papposilenus

papposilenus Poo-Bah (2,100) Jun 21, 2014 New Hampshire
    Society

Four different cans this week! That's hot.

Facebook page says see HF website for limits. HF website doesn't have any limits, as not as far as I can see. Anybody? Does anybody else see can limits anywhere?

4. jhavs

jhavs Poo-Bah (2,058) Apr 16, 2015 New York
    Society Trader

I don't see it listed anywhere. There was no limit when I was there on Double Citra cans a few weeks back. I limited myself to a case.

papposilenus likes this.
  5. eb1610

eb1610 Disciple (354) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

They post sometime between Sunday to Tuesday

papposilenus likes this.
  6. Trull

Trull Devotee (406) Dec 24, 2016 Massachusetts

Hi all, I need a little advice. Myself and approximately 8 coworkers are hoping to make a trip to HF in early March.
    My main concern is transportation. Ideally, we’d like to rent a 10/12 passenger van. However, I know the roads leading to HF can be challenging when it snows or if it’s particularly muddy. For those of you who have experience driving up to HF during the late winter months: do you think a rental van can safely make the trip? Or would we be wiser bringing two SUV’s with 4 wheel drive just in case the conditions are particularly treacherous? Thanks for the responses in advance!

7. papposilenus

Society

Unless you actually get there during a storm or before the road crews are finished clearing up, you should be fine. The entire economy of northern New England is premised upon sucking dollars northward out of Massachusetts and Connecticut and if that means clearing the roads then, by God, the roads will be cleared.

Jaycase, Trull and oldbean like this.
  8. Trull

Trull Devotee (406) Dec 24, 2016 Massachusetts

That’s what I figured. As along as the roads are plowed we should be fine....although, if we do end up renting a passenger van, I will certainly miss my all wheel drive suv for the extra confidence it provides on snowy roads.

9. papposilenus

Society

Still not as far as I can see.

Not that it matters. My basement took in water over the weekend and I'm grounded while I tear out wet carpet tiles and haul them to the dump.

10. purephase

purephase Initiate (174) Feb 23, 2008 Connecticut
    Trader

On the retail page:
    Current CANS available at the shop:

• Society & Solitude #6: Double IPA brewed exlusively with Mosaic hops. 6-pack, 12 oz. cans. $18 each.
    • Difference & Repetition: IPA brewed with Citra & Nelson Sauvin. 6-pack, 12 oz. cans. $16 each.
    • George: American Brown Ale. 6-pack, 12 oz. cans. $16 each.
    • Double Galaxy: Doubla IPA brewed with Galaxy hops. 6-pack, 12 oz. cans. $18 each. Limit 2 six-packs per person.

BGsWo22 likes this.
  11. seanunreal

seanunreal Initiate (135) Jul 23, 2009 Massachusetts

is that 2pp on just Double Galaxy or all brands? or 2pp total?

12. purephase

purephase Initiate (174) Feb 23, 2008 Connecticut
    Trader

It's just for Double Galaxy on the page itself.

13. JuanFushashi

JuanFushashi Initiate (156) Feb 5, 2011 Maine
    Trader

Best (educated) guess is that that's only for the Double Galaxy. Can limits have been super high lately (or maybe it alway is), so being limited to only 2 of the 4 offerings wouldn't seem right.

14. eb1610

eb1610 Disciple (354) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

They had the limits posted earlier this week?

15. Phineasco

Phineasco Initiate (0) Sep 4, 2016 Massachusetts

They had Aaron on draft today as well.

woodfinish and Davl22 like this.
  16. SenorQuesadilla

SenorQuesadilla Initiate (82) Jul 18, 2014 Connecticut
    Trader

I visited for the first time today and this really made it an A+ visit. What a stupid good beer.

I noticed on their site they recommend taking exit 25 if you're heading north, though waze had me going via exit 21 (which is how I went). Which is better?

jhavs likes this.
  17. beer4miles

beer4miles Initiate (110) Nov 6, 2017 Vermont
    Trader

If you take exit 25, you spend less time on local roads with lower speed limits but at the cost of more miles. Exit 21 is less miles, but the last stretch of the drive is on local roads. You might save a couple minutes, but not a big deal in the grand scheme

18. Phineasco

Phineasco Initiate (0) Sep 4, 2016 Massachusetts

SenorQuesadilla likes this.
  19. unibroue4ever

unibroue4ever Initiate (110) Oct 20, 2010 Canada (QC)

@AutumnBeerLove Hey man, any chance Double Galaxy will last until around 1PM this coming Saturday? While we are at it, same for Flora. Thanks!

20. AutumnBeerLove

AutumnBeerLove Initiate (0) Oct 16, 2010 Vermont

Double Galaxy cans are sold out, but draft is still available and will continue to be.
    Flora BBRC will be very close... Holiday weekend will surely bring a very large crowd this Saturday

21. Dyalango

Dyalango Initiate (97) Oct 23, 2012 North Carolina

Any idea if Juicy will last thru Friday or Saturday? Thanks in advance!

Gvd0006 and debokle like this.
  22. Gvd0006

Gvd0006 Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2015 Massachusetts

Was wondering the same thing

23. jonphisher

jonphisher Meyvn (1,462) Aug 9, 2015 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Has anyone noticed a difference in crowd size and type of people since cans are always available? Just curious if this has changed the vibe up there.

24. jhavs

jhavs Poo-Bah (2,058) Apr 16, 2015 New York
    Society Trader

Hi,
    I have not noticed a difference. I probably go there twice a month on average depending on what is released. I have been going there since the year they opened. I think the limited bottles draw the crowds when released.

People are people, always a chance for bad eggs anywhere you go. I have always felt that HF has a good group of clientele and the vibe is top notch. The staff is also great at handling the crowds and interacting with customers.

25. Dyalango

Dyalango Initiate (97) Oct 23, 2012 North Carolina

@AutumnBeerLove good afternoon, any thoughts on if Juicy will last thru Fri/Sat? Thanks in advance!

26. AutumnBeerLove

AutumnBeerLove Initiate (0) Oct 16, 2010 Vermont

Doubt it. Depending on traffic this week, I'd guess it sells out Thursday or Friday.

27. JStampler

JStampler Initiate (0) Jan 15, 2013 Pennsylvania

Does anyone remember the price for BA What is Enlightenment? Was is $25 or $30?

28. dropkick1977

dropkick1977 Initiate (75) Jan 4, 2016 New Hampshire
    Trader

$25

JStampler likes this.
  29. Gsulliv2

Gsulliv2 Disciple (377) Dec 9, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

aaaaand as usual... any idea if Gin Barrel Bro Soigne could make it to Saturday?

30. dropkick1977

dropkick1977 Initiate (75) Jan 4, 2016 New Hampshire
    Trader

Was Aaron batch 1 in 375ml bottles?

31. woodfinish

woodfinish Initiate (0) Aug 24, 2005 Massachusetts

Let me check the cellar... Nope: 500ml. Dated 04/2014.

dropkick1977 likes this.
  32. JayKoz

JayKoz Initiate (94) Jun 20, 2014 Connecticut

Need any friends?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.