Currently on the Shelves at Hill Farmstead (July 2015)

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by MarkJC1018, Jul 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkJC1018

MarkJC1018 (0) Dec 27, 2009 Massachusetts

Since Hill Farmstead is no longer holding official release events, please use this thread to post the bottles available on the shelves along with costs, sizes, limits, and so forth.

It's OK to include the beers available in growlers too.

As always, looking at the HF retail page
    http://www.hillfarmstead.com/retail/

or calling the brewery
    802-533-7450

are your best sources for up-to-date information.

**Updated bottle release policy: http://hillfarmstead.com/main/2015/3/30/updated-bottle-release-policy.html

2. Jmonah3

Jmonah3 (0) Nov 3, 2014 New York

Looks like some guest bottles were added for this week. Crooked Stave's and Vermontoise.

3. scrub0bk

scrub0bk (0) Feb 21, 2014 Pennsylvania

Kinda hope next week nothing special is added - to keep the lines down and hopefully be able to get more than the 5 growlers late in the afternoon - but i also hope they have something so i can grab one. Either way, i'm really looking forward to going and stocking the fridge.

4. bobbypaulson

bobbypaulson (0) Oct 28, 2010 Rhode Island

new to the bottle release page:

- Civil Disobedience 14: A blend of various beers/barrels from Summer 2012 through Summer 2013. Consisting primarily of Anna and Florence. 375ml.

EveningCordial and tylerk88 like this.
  5. Jujubie

Jujubie (0) Dec 15, 2014 California

I'll be visiting during week of July 27th, specifically 29th and 31st. Think HF will have bottle release of CD13 or Works of Love?

6. Sheppard

Sheppard (1,053) Mar 16, 2013 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

It's honestly hard to tell when releases are going to be right now. I don't think anyone can give you an accurate answer, besides Shaun himself.

7. Ken_P

Ken_P (0) Dec 31, 2013 Massachusetts

I've heard that they will likely release Works of Love close to the Festival as Sante will be pouring there. So you may be lucky? But there's really no science to it at all.

concealed likes this.
  8. JWQ

JWQ (0) Apr 1, 2014 Pennsylvania

Some friends and I will be there on the 16th. Anyone else also going to make the trip that day?

9. MacQ32

MacQ32 (0) Mar 5, 2010 South Carolina

Yep, meeting 2 friends in Montpelier and getting to HF on the 16th, camping until the festival

10. JWQ

JWQ (0) Apr 1, 2014 Pennsylvania

We should meet up if you want!

11. AlcahueteJ

AlcahueteJ (916) Dec 4, 2004 Massachusetts
    Society

Random question and nitpicking, but their website is listing Everett at 8% right now on the retail page. Everywhere else is 7.5%. Does it vary batch to batch?

12. QCHopper

QCHopper (0) Dec 9, 2014 Vermont

Releasing Civil Disobedience #14 this week. A blend of Florence and Anna -aged in wine barrels for 16 to 30 months. 375ml.

MarkJC1018 likes this.
  13. MarkJC1018

Limit 2/person.

14. Gsulliv2

Gsulliv2 (0) Dec 9, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Any chance this makes it to next Wednesday?

algebeeric_topology likes this.
  15. scrub0bk

scrub0bk (0) Feb 21, 2014 Pennsylvania

Kinda throws a knot in my plan, would the afternoon (3ish) be a shorter wait with cd14 releasing? I feel as if most people will be there at opening or shortly after

16. slengteng

slengteng (0) Apr 9, 2014 Massachusetts

I went the day that Flora Cherry released and got there around 4 and there were around 15-20 people there. I missed the guest bottle but did get my Flora and everything else I wanted and was happy to avoid a larger crowd.

17. BruinsDude325

BruinsDude325 (0) Oct 18, 2014 Connecticut

I'm sure there's a forum that address's this question. im going to be 100% honest im just a little to lazy to go through to find the exact answer and then determine if it fits into the time frame. Ill be in VT for a week in July. is there a better day than not to go to HF. I've been on Saturdays and its always crazy as id expect. wasn't sure if a week day is a better or night. morning. evening. etc... I appreciate any help/info

18. MarkJC1018

Late Wednesday afternoon is the best time go to from my standpoint. I also arrived at 4:30 on a Friday a few weeks ago and my growlers were filled in less than 10 minutes. Just my $0.02.

19. BruinsDude325

BruinsDude325 (0) Oct 18, 2014 Connecticut

Thanks so much, I was thinking 2ish on a Wednesday was my best bet. looks like that is what ill do

20. chickenwing

chickenwing (0) Mar 9, 2014 California

Brother Soigne is now $10 on the website. Hasn't this always been $12 in the past?

21. Sheppard

Society Trader

Yes.

22. bahnfire

bahnfire (0) Jan 17, 2011 Vermont

I have not idea why it varies, but I have bought it for both $10 and $12 previously.

23. Sheppard

Society Trader

That's interesting. I wonder what the reasoning is for that.

24. MosaicDrops

MosaicDrops (0) Jun 4, 2014 New York

I assume there is no shot in hell this lasts until next Friday afternoon?

25. concealed

concealed (0) May 7, 2009 Georgia

^ Doubtful

26. Gsulliv2

Gsulliv2 (0) Dec 9, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Thoughts on Wednesday the 15th? Or were you saying it's doubtful for Friday the 10th?

27. concealed

concealed (0) May 7, 2009 Georgia

Next Friday would refer to Friday the 17th, this Friday is Friday the 10th

I would say there is a slim chance of Weds 15th, but if you check back Friday/Saturday you will get an actual answer.

28. Ken_P

Yeah you will have to wait til Saturday to know for sure. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the Wednesday the 15th as well. I think the 17th is a long shot considering the VT Brewer's Festival crowd will be around.

29. humandrivein

humandrivein (0) Mar 9, 2014 New Jersey

Making my first trip out there the 17th not banking on any special bottles being around. Just hoping for atleast one or two of the shelf saisons to be available to bring home. Completely forgot about the Festival when I booked my trip.

30. clake

clake (0) Jun 14, 2008 Vermont
    Trader

What kind of crowd might we be looking at on Thursday the 16th with the brew fest that weekend? My father in-law is coming with me and I need to prep him on what to expect. He loves good beer but isn't a geek about it and might be put off about it off the bat if there's any kind of unexpected wait.

My first extended trip to VT (i.e. more than a weekend) for my sister in-law's wedding on the 18th and I'm being severely teased by the festival.

31. HopQuest

HopQuest (0) Feb 2, 2015 Connecticut

Also headed there on Thursday the 16th, I am fearful of the lines with everyone visiting for VT beer fest.

32. Wowcoolman

Wowcoolman (0) Sep 25, 2010 California
    Trader

Anyone who is planning on making a run up there from West suburban Boston area in the next few days and would like someone to pitch in for gas, message me, I'm in.

DCLAguy11 likes this.
  33. Nav71292

Nav71292 (0) Oct 14, 2014 Connecticut

When the site says Abner is on deck, does anyone have an idea on the timeframe? I've only been to HF 3 times and I missed out on Abner twice unfortunately. I'd like to head up this weekend for my birthday.

Also, how long do we think the double citra will last? Thanks in advance dudes.

34. Sheppard

Society Trader

I think that if you went up this weekend, you would be able to get Double Citra, but not Abner. I don't have specific answers to your questions, but have educated guesses. I'm pretty sure that the tap lines are maxed out right now (i.e. they only have 10). I don't know if that's changed in the last 6 months. I was last up in February. Regardless, Abner seems to be further down on the list of "up next" so I would guess that it is further from getting put on than say the Nelson single hop. The Vermont Beer Fest is up next week, so I'm not sure if that will do anything as far as Hill putting stuff on or helping kick some of the current offerings to be replaced by the up next. I'm not sure how long Double Citra has been on, but I would guess that it doesn't make it through next weekend, especially if a lot of folks are heading up in coordination with the beer fest.

Hope you have a nice birthday.

Nav71292 likes this.
  35. MacQ32

MacQ32 (0) Mar 5, 2010 South Carolina

I went last year, Thursday before the festival and it wasnt bad. Maybe a 30 minute wait to get your growlers/bottles but they were selling beer to folks in line the whole time

They also had a kick ass taco food stand doing some food, getting excited...

HopQuest likes this.
  36. seanunreal

seanunreal (0) Jul 23, 2009 Massachusetts

No taco stand today, sadly.

37. Ken_P

Last time I saw that Taco stand was in October last year. Anybody who goes more frequently seen it lately? They had some good stuff.

38. rondufresne

rondufresne (0) Dec 13, 2011 Pennsylvania

No taco truck this summer. Meghan and her tacos will, however, be at FOFA next month.

woodfinish and Ken_P like this.
  39. SRBush1974

SRBush1974 (0) Apr 18, 2015 New Jersey

Time to convince my wife its time to get up here! My #1 place to visit now (after hitting Treehouse, Trillium and MBC for Dinner in June). Heading up there the end of July to Okemo. May try to get up to VT Thursday night so I can do the run up to HF on Friday for opening.

40. Nav71292

Nav71292 (0) Oct 14, 2014 Connecticut

Great info man thank you!!! I appreciate the help. And the birthday wishes :grinning::grinning:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.