Currently on the shelves at Hill Farmstead (March 2016)

Discussion in 'New England' started by NiceBeerCans, Mar 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NiceBeerCans

NiceBeerCans Aspirant (249) Mar 16, 2013 New York
    Trader

Since Hill Farmstead is no longer holding official release events, please use this thread to post the bottles available on the shelves along with costs, sizes, limits, and so forth.

It's OK to include the beers available in growlers too. Also, you can post new additions, for onsite consumption, in their tap room.

As always, looking at the HF retail page
    http://www.hillfarmstead.com/retail/

or calling the brewery
    802-533-7450

are your best sources for up-to-date information.

**Updated bottle release policy: http://hillfarmstead.com/main/2015/3/30/updated-bottle-release-policy.html

To see what's available to drink in their new tap room, click on the following link:

http://hillfarmstead.com/onsite/

jhavs likes this.
  2. Burntfoot

Burntfoot Initiate (150) Jan 28, 2015 New Jersey
    Trader

any inside info on next release ... really can not wait for Genealogy of Morals!

3. mjord23

mjord23 Initiate (133) Jan 3, 2011 Connecticut

I'll be going up at the end of March -- been over a year since I was able to visit. Can't wait to see the new building and snag some great beers.

tregan_20 and jhavs like this.
  4. Evmo31

Evmo31 Initiate (168) Feb 3, 2015 Connecticut

We should see norma soon based on the timing of the release the last two years. Should actually be this week.

5. howopeeps

howopeeps Initiate (196) Mar 7, 2011 Ohio
    Trader

When is E. Going to be released

Mikecap likes this.
  6. Lupin

Lupin Aspirant (298) Jun 4, 2006 Connecticut
    Trader

Should, but won't. They've been making all the bottle release announcements on the Saturday prior. This breaks my four year streak of popping in when Norma was released, entirely by chance, on the way up to our cabin for vacation. :slight_frown:

7. Phreeballing

Phreeballing Initiate (198) Sep 19, 2015 New York
    Trader

I'm planning on visiting HF for the first time late April. On a Saturday. What is he scene usually like? Is it a mob scene like other breweries? Prob will be there about noon

8. Mikecap

Mikecap Champion (816) May 18, 2012 Rhode Island
    Trader

It'll definitely be crowded at noon on a Saturday. How crowded depends on what is available in terms of special release bottles. It's really chill to hang out in the tasting room though, the time you'll wait for growler fills goes by quickly.

9. Evmo31

Evmo31 Initiate (168) Feb 3, 2015 Connecticut

"By chance" or do you schedule your vacation knowing norma should be released haha. I actually had a trip planned to jay peak next weekend, thinking i could grab a few bottles of norma on the way through, but ended up cancelling because i went to VT this past weekend for other reasons.

10. Phreeballing

Phreeballing Initiate (198) Sep 19, 2015 New York
    Trader

Cool, I won't be in a rush exactly but also doubt I will have hours to spend there like other half and treehouse visits can be.

11. AutumnBeerLove

AutumnBeerLove Aspirant (257) Oct 16, 2010 Vermont

Saturday is a total crapshoot. It's 100% our "tourist" day. Most customers/smallest orders. The crowd is usually less into bottles (most buy a single bottle) and growlers, and more into onsite consumption. Arrive prior to noon and you'll be golden. Hell, arrive at exactly noon and you'll be fine. Saturday crowd starts coming in full force about 12:15.

12. Lupin

Lupin Aspirant (298) Jun 4, 2006 Connecticut
    Trader

Correction: 3 year streak.

The first year we went up before the cabin trip was actually 2013. Norma wasn't on sale, but Fear and Trembling was and I bought a couple bottles. I loved it so much that I went back with other friends on a separate trip two weeks later and bought two cases of F&T and grabbed two bottles of Norma as an afterthought. Shared one with the friends from the cabin trip.

2014/2015, we just planned the trip whenever the cabin was available and Norma happened to be on both Thursdays. Fortuitous. We'll survive fine with Geneaology and CD16! Between the 5-6 us, I'd guess we have a couple bottles of the 2013 and maybe a half dozen or more of the 2014 vintage (last year's release). One friend doesn't normally like beer but loves Norma and I'm making a Thursday night cellar-clear/share box, so it will definitely be included in the festivities.

Also, just as a forewarning to the HF staff, the giant white van arriving on Thursday is not full of mules. This is our fourth annual pre-camping expedition HF visit and we're not going to whoop it up like a bachelor party full of bros. :slight_smile:

SadMachine likes this.
  13. mrmattosgood

mrmattosgood Aspirant (205) Nov 6, 2010 Vatican City
    Trader

This is my favorite thread of the month because I look at my calendar and my bank account and my 18-month old and my nine month pregnant wife and know that a visit may one day happen again. Some day ... Some day.

I picture myself pouring bottles of Arthur or Genealogy or Damon surrounded by friends, or traveling along those side roads, seeing the hourglass signage, and heading up that hill to enjoy a pint of Edward or Everett.

SadMachine, mgr78704 and tjohn2401 like this.
  14. stevebrownsteve

stevebrownsteve Initiate (84) Mar 28, 2015 New Jersey

Anyone care to speculate how long S&S #6 will last? One of the two I haven't tried yet, but won't be able to make it up there until next weekend.

15. SiddFinch

SiddFinch Initiate (157) Dec 18, 2013 New Hampshire
    Trader

Sooo I know it says no limit on growlers now... what's the most you've seen anyone carry out? I have an order for about 25 for my friends and family tomorrow, and I'll be solo. Would this be kosher? I don't really mind going through the line again if need be.

16. WarbyJones

WarbyJones Initiate (115) Jan 11, 2014 New Hampshire
    Trader

I've seen someone drop 2k. Can't speak to how many growlers he had that equaled this amount as he bottle a ton of bottles as well., but his cooler was large enough to fit several bodies.

SiddFinch likes this.
  17. SiddFinch

SiddFinch Initiate (157) Dec 18, 2013 New Hampshire
    Trader

Haha ok thanks guys. It just feels so weird since I've gone for years; I just have that 3-5 growler limit drilled into my skull.

18. BigStein88

BigStein88 Disciple (316) Nov 5, 2007 New Hampshire

No issue. I was up a few weeks ago and filled 22 myself.

SiddFinch likes this.
  19. pirate99gs

pirate99gs Initiate (72) Nov 9, 2014 Canada (QC)

I'm heading up tomorrow for the first time since the opening of the tap room. If I'm just doing growler fills, is the line in the taproom? Is there any sitting area?

20. bla211

bla211 Initiate (119) Mar 17, 2015 Colorado

First time visiting tomorrow, is 10 too early to show up? I will have my dog so I figure we can just play outside for a while if we're the first ones there? Also any word on bottle stock?

21. cgskippy

cgskippy Initiate (178) Apr 6, 2013 New York
    Trader

Growler fills are in the tap room but no line. Deli counter system. Take a number when you get there. Limited seating.

22. JoeB51982

JoeB51982 Initiate (185) Jan 10, 2008 Rhode Island

10 seems a bit early barring any crazy releases... Shoot for 11 or so and you should be okay. On quick glance HF has Genealogy in bottles and S&S#6 for fills, so some good stuff will be for the taking. Good luck and enjoy some beers while you wait in the taproom (2 max).

23. dubdrop

dubdrop Disciple (324) Aug 6, 2012 Vermont
    Trader

I wonder what the odds are of CD 16 lasting till next Friday. Going to be in VT and might drive up if it's still around.

24. pirate99gs

Anyone go today? Is double Citra closer to being tapped?

25. rwitter

rwitter Initiate (35) Jan 18, 2006 Denmark

Next week.

MarkJC1018, Burntfoot and Evmo31 like this.
  26. RRtransvestification

RRtransvestification Aspirant (238) Dec 21, 2012 New York
    Trader

Does anyone remember when FOFA was announced last year?

27. BarRoomHero88

BarRoomHero88 Initiate (118) Jan 19, 2012 New York
    Trader

Middle of April I believe

28. BarRoomHero88

Trader

Can you purchase kegs at the brewery again?

29. AutumnBeerLove

Emailing in advance is required. We package into 50L for retail now, so there aren't smaller kegs floating around for sale.

30. BarRoomHero88

Trader

Thanks!

31. pirate99gs

A quick question (that has probably been answered before but I couldn't find it...sorry!): Experience keeping 2L screw cap growlers for longer than 1 week?

32. scrub0bk

scrub0bk Initiate (92) Feb 21, 2014 Pennsylvania

I'm assuming it would only be for smaller beers (single hop, edward etc) but is there any requirements besides emailing to confirm? I'd love to have a keg on for the summer, i had no idea this was even a thing.

33. AutumnBeerLove

You know what they say about people who assume...

Emailing in advance, not to confirm. We ask that they are returned in a timely manner, some paperwork has to be filled out, and there is a keg deposit.

34. Tyler_E

Tyler_E Initiate (0) Mar 30, 2015 North Carolina

Gonna be driving up to HF on Thursday depending on the weather. Will be my first time, hoping I can pick up some good stuff.

35. benbking

benbking Aspirant (211) Dec 11, 2009 Rhode Island

same, just not driving from NC.

bobbypaulson and Tyler_E like this.
  36. mrmattosgood

mrmattosgood Aspirant (205) Nov 6, 2010 Vatican City
    Trader

Everything you get there will be good. No worries. Safe travels.

Tyler_E likes this.
  37. Tyler_E

Yeah its gonna be a long drive. Stopping by Hunger Mountain to get Heady first, then up to HF hopefully. Maybe we will run in to each other.

38. benbking

benbking Aspirant (211) Dec 11, 2009 Rhode Island

seems likely, we're following the same plan.

39. Tyler_E

If there is too much snow and ice (taking the girlfriends Prius), I will probably just do Hunger Mountain, then Skinny Pancake, then Three Penny, then head over to Waterbury.

If you see and young couple in their 20s that are chugging Red Bull cause of a 12 hour drive, don't be afraid to say hi!

Mikecap and jhavs like this.
  40. duchessedubourg

duchessedubourg Aspirant (265) Nov 2, 2007 Vermont

LOL. That would describe virtually
    30% of the couples sitting in a Waterbury establishment on a weekend. It's not called Waterbeery for nothing!

seanwhite and Mikecap like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.