Currently on the shelves at Hill Farmstead (March 2017)

Discussion in 'New England' started by NiceBeerCans, Mar 1, 2017.

1. NiceBeerCans

NiceBeerCans Initiate (179) Mar 16, 2013 New York
    Beer Trader

Since Hill Farmstead is no longer holding official release events, please use this thread to post the bottles available on the shelves along with costs, sizes, limits, and so forth.

It's OK to include the beers available in growlers too. Also, you can post new additions, for onsite consumption, in their tap room.

As always, looking at the HF retail page
    http://www.hillfarmstead.com/retail/

or calling the brewery
    802-533-7450

are your best sources for up-to-date information.

** Updated bottle release policy: http://hillfarmstead.com/faq/retail-shop/what-is-the-bottle-release-policy.html. This FAQ has been updated on June 11, 2016 and they will ONLY accept a credit card/debit card accompanied by a valid, legal picture ID that matches the name on the credit card (this excludes generic Visa / MasterCard gift cards). This requirement is only for all special releases and barrel-aged beers. Read the entire linked page which explains the changes.

To see what's available to drink (and eat) in their new tap room, click on the following link:

http://hillfarmstead.com/onsite/

There is a 2 drink limit (samples not included). Everything on tap is available to sample.

The bottle shop stops selling bottles at 5:00 pm sharp. The tap room will stay open to fill growlers for the people who are inside already before 5:00 pm and are waiting for the staff to complete their order.

The onsite bottles, for consumption in the tap room only, are NOT to leave the tap room. Please do NOT try to steal the empty bottles. Please respect the rules. Thank you.

High abv beer bottles (ie Double Barrel Damon bottles) have to be split for on premises consumption. This is a strict rule. Please note that it's actually pretty easy to find people to split a beer up there (if you didn't bring anybody). Just say out loud that you are looking to split a DBD and you'll find takers. Enjoy.

Food truck

Food truck will be sticking around through December. They had a change of heart last weekend

Oysters should also be back at some point soon.

@AutumnBeerLove, HF staff member, has been nice enough to respond to questions on this thread and to provide valuable updates like the following:

I think it is mostly safe to say our new draft onsite location in retail will stick around for the summer, if not the potential busier days. This keeps growler waits at a maximum of an hour with an average wait of under 30 minutes for a day. Along with that, it keeps two employees in retail and thus has the bottles line moving too.

2. JLK7299

JLK7299 Zealot (508) Apr 21, 2016 Connecticut
    Subscriber Beer Trader

heading up this weekend for the second time. Cant wait!

3. JuanFushashi

JuanFushashi Initiate (131) Feb 5, 2011 Vermont
    Beer Trader

Chances that Earl, Madness & Civilization, and Civil Disobedience are still available on Saturday? Same for Double Citra?

4. Bigdoc91

Bigdoc91 Aspirant (267) Aug 30, 2014 Georgia
    Beer Trader

Is it safe to hit Alchemist before Hill Farmstead? I dont care about waiting in lines I just dont want to show up around 13:30 and have missed a release.

5. JLK7299

JLK7299 Zealot (508) Apr 21, 2016 Connecticut
    Subscriber Beer Trader

I have been to Hill once so don't take this as Scripture but based on my experience I wouldn't think you would have a problem.

Capt_Quint likes this.
  6. DaaaaBeers

DaaaaBeers Initiate (169) Oct 9, 2015 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Going up for my first time on the 12th. Hoping Madness is still around, but I feel like it's doubtful. Excited to finally make the trip to the mecca after having it on tap around Vermont and Armsby Abbey several times.

jhavs likes this.
  7. jheimbigner

jheimbigner Aspirant (238) Apr 18, 2015 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

I would say yes. Hill Farmstead releases new bottled stuff on Wednesdays and announces it usually by the Saturday before on FB/Twitter etc.... Since the latest Art release, they've changed up limited releases and it has helped spread the wealth. I think only clover, tiquila barrel brother Soigné and art sold out within one retail week.

ajcuster89 and jhavs like this.
  8. VincentGD01

VincentGD01 Initiate (126) Jan 24, 2016 Quebec (Canada)
    Beer Trader

GoM Akmel Nuri too.

9. knicks19947

knicks19947 Zealot (560) Mar 7, 2014 New York
    Beer Trader

Any chance of CD19 hanging around into next week?

10. AutumnBeerLove

AutumnBeerLove Aspirant (226) Oct 16, 2010 Vermont
    Beer Trader

Yes.

aetherness, rjp217 and Trio2shine like this.
  11. Bdalik

Bdalik Aspirant (263) Feb 1, 2015 New Jersey
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Bit of a side note, but does anyone have any insight as to when tickets for Festival of Farmhouse Ales will drop?

12. purephase

purephase Initiate (158) Feb 23, 2008 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

I believe last year the lottery registration went up in May.

13. LukieBL

LukieBL Initiate (155) Jun 10, 2015 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Anybody see the couple get engaged today? If you're reading this dude, good luck!

14. WarbyJones

WarbyJones Initiate (176) Jan 11, 2014 Maine
    Beer Trader

I never thought i'd become one of these people but...

Chances M&C makes til Friday?

MarkJC1018 and icfpny like this.
  15. Stevedore

Stevedore Poo-Bah (3,253) Nov 16, 2012 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Looking forward to making the trip to Hill Farmstead again next week.

MarkJC1018 and jhavs like this.
  16. skleice

skleice Initiate (190) Aug 6, 2015 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Hey, Y'all- I'll be heading up in a few weeks. How busy is it typically on Saturdays at open?

17. MarkJC1018

MarkJC1018 Disciple (362) Dec 27, 2009 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Not too busy. My wife and I went the last weekend in January and got there at around 11:00. The doors opened at 11:30 and we were probably 20th or so in line. We were able to walk in, grab a table, and enjoy some beers in the tasting room.

skleice likes this.
  18. skleice

Beer Trader

Thanks! I'll shoot for 11am.

19. Stevedore

Stevedore Poo-Bah (3,253) Nov 16, 2012 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Just to help me plan out my checked baggage space, is what is currently listed on tap at HF going to be what's on tap when I come on Wednesday? Specifically, would it be atypical for Hill Farmstead to tap more legs between now and open of business?

20. QCHopper

QCHopper Initiate (82) Dec 9, 2014 Vermont
    Beer Trader

Check the website on Tuesday night for an updated list. That will be your best shot at knowing what is available.

Trio2shine and jhavs like this.
  21. skleice

Beer Trader

Any good bottle shops along I91 to score some good VT brews? All the places I'm familiar with are more towards Waterbury/Montpelier, but I wasn't planning on heading out that way.

22. M-Fox24

M-Fox24 Defender (622) Mar 17, 2013 New Jersey
    Subscriber Beer Trader

There's Meulemans, although it might be a bit of a stretch?

23. jhavs

jhavs Meyvn (1,093) Apr 16, 2015 New Hampshire
    Subscriber Beer Trader

The Crowler Pit at Big Fatty's it White River Junction has a decent selection of VT brews. They get SoS cans, Frost Bottles, Foley Bros, Lost Nation, etc. Decent crowler selection as well. You can combine with the great tap list at Big Fatty's and have a good meal and/or combine with River Roost which is in the same parking lot.

24. skleice

Beer Trader

Awesome, thanks. I'd love to get some Frost, Foley, Burlington stuff...

Does Hunger Mountain Coop usually have all of these? I might make the detour if it is worth it.

#24 skleice, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  25. jhavs

Subscriber Beer Trader

They do, but the Crowler pit will too and is just off I91. You could also go to Woodstock Hops & Barley. A bit farther off the I91 track, but much closer than Hunger Mountain.

Hunger Mountain and Montpelier are great, but not if you are trying to stay close to I91.

skleice likes this.
  26. Resuin

Resuin Meyvn (1,241) Jun 18, 2012 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Looks like River Roost is closed Wednesdays. Is Big Fatty's worth a stop without the brewery being open? Do they normally have multiple River Roost offerings?

27. jhavs

Subscriber Beer Trader

They usually (just about always) have a few River Roost, Hill Farmstead, etc. offerings on tap at Big Fatty's. This is in the restaurant for in house consumption. The Crowler Pit next door has some good offerings to go, but not HF or RR. They have a good local selection of bottles and cans too.

Resuin likes this.
  28. dmolz

dmolz Initiate (192) Dec 2, 2014 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

is the new flora gonna be on site only or will to go be added at some point?

29. jhavs

Subscriber Beer Trader

Seems like on-site only. They done this a few times recently.

30. dmolz

dmolz Initiate (192) Dec 2, 2014 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

I figured they didn't want that stacked of a list at once and the crowd. hoping for later though. I think I had elab 4 a few months ahead on site of release. I seen it on some of their lower limit bottles varients, just never flora that I remember at least. so had to ask. sounds delish.

Gvd0006 and jhavs like this.
  31. jheimbigner

jheimbigner Aspirant (238) Apr 18, 2015 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Seems like the last few like this have been exclusive to collected works for retail, no? Plum Art, DB Damon, Flora Cherry/Raspberry etc...

jhavs likes this.
  32. AutumnBeerLove

Beer Trader

This is true.

jheimbigner, jhavs and dmolz like this.
  33. unibroue4ever

unibroue4ever Initiate (115) Oct 20, 2010 Quebec (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Any Chances Madness & Civilization and Civil Disobedience are still available on Saturday? Thanks!

34. AutumnBeerLove

Beer Trader

100% to Civil. Good chance on Madness too

35. unibroue4ever

unibroue4ever Initiate (115) Oct 20, 2010 Quebec (Canada)
    Beer Trader

36. Burntfoot

Burntfoot Disciple (317) Jan 28, 2015 New Jersey
    Subscriber Beer Trader

@AutumnBeerLove how does it look for CD 19 and MC 8 to be around Wednesday...and limit change? thanks!

jhavs likes this.
  37. Phineasco

Phineasco Initiate (169) Sep 4, 2016 Massachusetts

You guys see the Arthur Puncheon that will be released on Wednesday.

skleice and jhavs like this.
  38. stevefenster

stevefenster Initiate (154) Mar 29, 2016 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

I'm aware this is potentially an impossible question to answer, but any idea how rough the trip might be on Wednesday? Forecast for Tuesday looks pretty bad....

jhavs likes this.
  39. jhavs

Subscriber Beer Trader

If the snow is finished by early Wednesday morning you should be fine. The plows do a great job. Farther north and west looks like less snow as per current forecast.

Either way, be careful and you should be ok.

40. AutumnBeerLove

Beer Trader

Both are still around, though not much Madness.

Forecast looks like snow will continue into the afternoon and maybe evening. Plows will probably hold off from being out too early since most things will already be shut down today and tomorrow.

Burntfoot, blisscent and jhavs like this.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • Subscribe to BeerAdvocate Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Subscribe