Currently on the shelves at Hill Farmstead (November/December 2018)

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by NiceBeerCans, Nov 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NiceBeerCans

NiceBeerCans Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2013 New York

Since Hill Farmstead is no longer holding official release events, please use this thread to post the bottles available on the shelves along with costs, sizes, limits, and so forth.

It's OK to include the beers available in growlers too. Also, you can post new additions, for onsite consumption, in their tap room.

As always, looking at the HF retail page
    http://www.hillfarmstead.com/retail/

or calling the brewery
    802-533-7450

are your best sources for up-to-date information.

** Updated bottle release policy: http://hillfarmstead.com/faq/retail-shop/what-is-the-bottle-release-policy.html. This FAQ has been updated on June 11, 2016 and they will ONLY accept a credit card/debit card accompanied by a valid, legal picture ID that matches the name on the credit card (this excludes generic Visa / MasterCard gift cards). This requirement is only for all special releases and barrel-aged beers. Read the entire linked page which explains the changes.

To see what's available to drink (and eat)in their new tap room, click on the following link:

http://hillfarmstead.com/onsite/

The 2 drink limit is back. Please be responsible. Everything on tap is available to sample.

The bottle shop stops selling bottles at 5:00 pm sharp. The tap room will stay open to fill growlers for the people who are inside already before 5:00 pm and are waiting for the staff to complete their order.

The onsite bottles, for consumption in the tap room only, are NOT to leave the tap room. Please do NOT try to steal the empty bottles. Please respect the rules. Thank you.

High abv beer bottles (ie Double Barrel Damon bottles) have to be split for on premises consumption. This is a strict rule. Please note that it's actually pretty easy to find people to split a beer up there (if you didn't bring anybody). Just say out loud that you are looking to split a DBD and you'll find takers. Enjoy.

Cans

Posted on the HF retail page and information is usually posted on this thread too.

The cans are mostly sold in 12oz 6-packs. "We set limits on cans, just like bottles: with the expectation of the beer lasting into, if not through Saturday."

Food

Daily Food Vendors Starting in Mid-May...

You can see the list of the scheduled food vendors

http://hillfarmstead.com/onsite/

Historical information on limited releases

@RuckIt
    created this awesome spreadsheet for the limited releases for the past two years.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TGdA6oCRFKUKm_SrUvAhrl6Zuk2g7njqhYCHMFkhTVQ/edit?usp=sharing

Full credit should be given to @RuckIt for creating and maintaining it.

I think it is mostly safe to say our new draft onsite location in retail will stick around for the summer, if not the potential busier days. This keeps growler waits at a maximum of an hour with an average wait of under 30 minutes for a day. Along with that, it keeps two employees in retail and thus has the bottles line moving too.

@PhilSaid, HF retail manager, is the new go-to for your HF questions on this thread that are not answered. Welcome to the thread Ben.

2. MattOC

MattOC Crusader (701) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Damon is sold out per the updated retail page.

3. ajcuster89

ajcuster89 Aspirant (206) Apr 14, 2014 Vermont
    Trader

I'm excited to get back to Hill Farm this weekend after having to move away from New England over a year ago. Never tried Peleg, so that's adding to the anticipation!

Davl22 likes this.
  4. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (10,585) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

Have Abner or Ephraim ever been canned yet? Any idea if they will be in the future considering a lot of their other white hot hops have been, or if not, why not?

5. infectedlobster

infectedlobster Initiate (89) Apr 22, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

No and I'm pretty sure Edward hand Susan also remain draft-only.

6. Stormfield

Stormfield Aspirant (232) Feb 21, 2011 Massachusetts

I know Edward has been canned for on-site consumption at least once; I had one on-site in June.

7. Argento

Argento Aspirant (255) Mar 25, 2016 Rhode Island
    Trader

Anyone know what the unlisted onsite offerings are this week at Hill Farmstead?

8. redworld

redworld Initiate (0) Sep 9, 2016 New Jersey

This post seems to have the availabilities posted from yesterday.

papposilenus, jhavs and Argento like this.
  9. ThePerks

ThePerks Initiate (46) Feb 5, 2011 Maine
    Deactivated

Went on Wednesday and there was 2018 Juicy, 2018 Florence puncheon (both delicious), 2014 Vera Mae and M&C #7.

10. M-Fox24

M-Fox24 Poo-Bah (1,787) Mar 17, 2013 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Nothing wrong with the imperials, but the pale ales are in a class of their own: Edward, Susan, Harlan, Single hop series…Dan’s presence lingers given the gentle/clean, sharp, clear-cut touch nostalgia

---

Gin Brother Soigné is absurd = glad it’s back

eb1610, Davl22 and Michaelpro824 like this.
  11. ransom22

ransom22 Initiate (0) Feb 5, 2016 Uzbekistan

Is the Gin on the sweeter side?

12. Argento

Argento Aspirant (255) Mar 25, 2016 Rhode Island
    Trader

Thanks. The Juicy and Florence were both gone by the time I got there Saturday. Bummer. The place was packed.

13. ajcuster89

Trader

Saturday was very busy. I did enjoy the Clover they had for onsite though!

ThePerks, Argento and beer4miles like this.
  14. beer4miles

beer4miles Initiate (111) Nov 6, 2017 Vermont
    Trader

@ajcuster89 we're they serving Clover from a decanter?

15. mja271

mja271 Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2016 Connecticut

I’ll be way up in Eden on Saturday and wanted to swing by HF for the first time on the way home since it’s not too far from where I’ll be. What’s the vibe like on Saturdays? I know this is the last one before Thanksgiving so might be more hectic than normal just tying to get an idea of what to expect.

16. jhavs

jhavs Poo-Bah (2,062) Apr 16, 2015 New York
    Society Trader

Saturdays can be quite busy, especially earlier in the day. If you go later in the afternoon it mellows out a bit.

17. ajcuster89

Trader

Yes they were.

18. ajcuster89

Trader

Last Saturday we showed up at noon and left at 3 and it was solidly busy the entire time. Line for onsite pours/bottles was all the way around the inside of the taproom around 2:30. I would just be prepared for it to be busy all day, especially with people traveling for the holiday.

19. mja271

Sounds good, thanks guys.

20. papposilenus

papposilenus Poo-Bah (2,137) Jun 21, 2014 New Hampshire
    Society

Was anybody up there today that can say if there were can limits and, if so, what they were?

21. Phreeballing

Phreeballing Aspirant (227) Sep 19, 2015 New York
    Trader

Might be a silly question but plan on making my first trip to HF Black Friday. Any chance they have something bottled other than the basics? Or do they usually not during the holiday week?

In my mind I feel like it might be a chill day with people dealing with the post holiday crap, then again i might be way off there too

22. duchessedubourg

duchessedubourg Aspirant (260) Nov 2, 2007 Vermont

You'd be way off. They're closed one of their usual days next week (Thurs.) Anyone with a 3- or 4-day weekend will be very motivated to make the trip and will be headed their way. Same scene for pretty much every holiday weekend there, unless the driving is bad.

InspectorBob likes this.
  23. Phreeballing

Phreeballing Aspirant (227) Sep 19, 2015 New York
    Trader

Well that sucks

24. papposilenus

papposilenus Poo-Bah (2,137) Jun 21, 2014 New Hampshire
    Society

Answered my own question: no limits this week.

25. WVUbrew

WVUbrew Disciple (358) Oct 12, 2013 North Carolina
    Trader

Anyone able to upload a picture of the new HF zip hoodie? Thanks in advance!

26. mja271

Got up there a little past opening on Saturday. Wasn't very crowded when I arrived which was nice. Had a Legitimacy and Nordic Saison in the taproom then loaded up with goodies from the retail shop. Would love to check the place out when it's not covered in snow but thrilled I finally got up there. Nice spot, and stoked to have a bunch of goodies home with me now.

27. rozzom

rozzom Meyvn (1,076) Jan 22, 2011 New York
    Trader

28. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (10,585) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

I need to have an extra week off thank ya buh bye boss

Sheppard and rozzom like this.
  29. wasatchback

wasatchback Devotee (423) Jan 12, 2014 Tajikistan
    Trader

I’s just got for cans of Marie... as many as they’d let me buy.

30. wasatchback

wasatchback Devotee (423) Jan 12, 2014 Tajikistan
    Trader

Drunk typing on my phone and missing my chance to go back and edit....

31. nyyfan2k

nyyfan2k Initiate (0) Nov 2, 2017 New York

I'm heading up to visit the brewery for the first time on Thursday. I have no idea how their releases work but do big bottle releases like this typically sell out the same day or is there a decent chance there will be some leftover for Thurs?

32. Stormfield

Saturday (11/24) was the mellowest/smallest crowd I’ve ever seen at HF. It was a perfect. I guess you can never truly predict how many people will show up. I just assume that it will be mobbed no matter when I go; this way I’m pleasantly surprised when it’s a quiet day.

duchessedubourg likes this.
  33. jhavs

jhavs Poo-Bah (2,062) Apr 16, 2015 New York
    Society Trader

Last Damon release lasted through Thursday.

34. M-Fox24

M-Fox24 Poo-Bah (1,787) Mar 17, 2013 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Think that was Thursday of the following week: they’re generally pretty good with releases lasting the week of the announcement, with the given allotments and coordination. Perhaps the limit gets reduced to 1 per, before vanishing

35. duchessedubourg

duchessedubourg Aspirant (260) Nov 2, 2007 Vermont

That is really great to hear! Maybe holiday weekends have changed for the better now.

36. Takeanotherswing

Takeanotherswing Initiate (124) Jan 14, 2011 New York
    Trader

Definitely not for Memorial Day weekend!

37. Stormfield

I honestly believe it was more of a random occurrence that an indication of things to come.

38. ransom22

ransom22 Initiate (0) Feb 5, 2016 Uzbekistan

Clover is how many pp for $?

Website won't load for me on mobile

39. MattOC

MattOC Crusader (701) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

2 per person/$30 bottle (375 ml).

ransom22 likes this.
  40. ajthegreat

ajthegreat Initiate (163) Nov 11, 2010 Vermont

We are getting a lot more snow than I saw in the initial forecast. The NEK is going to end up with over a foot for anyone planning on traveling up tomorrow for the release.

7irondave likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.