Currently on the shelves at Hill Farmstead (September/October 2018)

Discussion in 'New England' started by NiceBeerCans, Sep 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NiceBeerCans

NiceBeerCans Aspirant (249) Mar 16, 2013 New York
    Trader

Since Hill Farmstead is no longer holding official release events, please use this thread to post the bottles available on the shelves along with costs, sizes, limits, and so forth.

It's OK to include the beers available in growlers too. Also, you can post new additions, for onsite consumption, in their tap room.

As always, looking at the HF retail page
    http://www.hillfarmstead.com/retail/

or calling the brewery
    802-533-7450

are your best sources for up-to-date information.

** Updated bottle release policy: http://hillfarmstead.com/faq/retail-shop/what-is-the-bottle-release-policy.html. This FAQ has been updated on June 11, 2016 and they will ONLY accept a credit card/debit card accompanied by a valid, legal picture ID that matches the name on the credit card (this excludes generic Visa / MasterCard gift cards). This requirement is only for all special releases and barrel-aged beers. Read the entire linked page which explains the changes.

To see what's available to drink (and eat)in their new tap room, click on the following link:

http://hillfarmstead.com/onsite/

The 2 drink limit is back. Please be responsible. Everything on tap is available to sample.

The bottle shop stops selling bottles at 5:00 pm sharp. The tap room will stay open to fill growlers for the people who are inside already before 5:00 pm and are waiting for the staff to complete their order.

The onsite bottles, for consumption in the tap room only, are NOT to leave the tap room. Please do NOT try to steal the empty bottles. Please respect the rules. Thank you.

High abv beer bottles (ie Double Barrel Damon bottles) have to be split for on premises consumption. This is a strict rule. Please note that it's actually pretty easy to find people to split a beer up there (if you didn't bring anybody). Just say out loud that you are looking to split a DBD and you'll find takers. Enjoy.

Cans

Posted on the HF retail page and information is usually posted on this thread too.

The cans are mostly sold in 12oz 6-packs. "We set limits on cans, just like bottles: with the expectation of the beer lasting into, if not through Saturday."

Food

Daily Food Vendors Starting in Mid-May...

You can see the list of the scheduled food vendors

http://hillfarmstead.com/onsite/

Historical information on limited releases

@RuckIt
    created this awesome spreadsheet for the limited releases for the past two years.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TGdA6oCRFKUKm_SrUvAhrl6Zuk2g7njqhYCHMFkhTVQ/edit?usp=sharing

Full credit should be given to @RuckIt for creating and maintaining it.

I think it is mostly safe to say our new draft onsite location in retail will stick around for the summer, if not the potential busier days. This keeps growler waits at a maximum of an hour with an average wait of under 30 minutes for a day. Along with that, it keeps two employees in retail and thus has the bottles line moving too.

@PhilSaid, HF retail manager, is the new go-to for your HF questions on this thread that are not answered. Welcome to the thread Ben.

2. MattOC

MattOC Disciple (338) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

New batch of Aaron coming next week. And a teased new branded glass.

JuanFushashi likes this.
  3. JuanFushashi

JuanFushashi Initiate (145) Feb 5, 2011 Maine
    Trader

2PP. Was lucky enough to get it at what I think was 6PP on day 1 for the last batch. Regardless, so excited to compare the batches.

MattOC likes this.
  4. MattOC

Trader

No doubt. Correct. I think limits dropped 6, 4, 2, for last release. I got it at 4 pp. Agreed.

JuanFushashi likes this.
  5. chipawayboy

chipawayboy Devotee (436) Oct 26, 2007 Massachusetts
    Trader

Line up of botttles/cans and drafts continues to be amazing. Having a Dharma Bum at the moment - Cheers BA.
    [​IMG]

JuanFushashi and Davl22 like this.
  6. Jerk_Store

Jerk_Store Disciple (340) Feb 13, 2015 Quebec (Canada)
    Trader

Can anyone confirm that the to go 3F A&G with honey aee the ones with the little bee sticker at the bottom?

7. shadetree67

shadetree67 Disciple (309) Sep 11, 2013 Minnesota
    Trader

What is meant by the "2 drink limit"? Does this mean 2 pours at a time or 2 pours total for the trip to hill farmstead?

8. M-Fox24

M-Fox24 Savant (976) Mar 17, 2013 New Jersey
    Trader

"2 pours total for the trip to hill farmstead"

shadetree67 likes this.
  9. WolfsburgVW

WolfsburgVW Disciple (302) May 21, 2013 Maine
    Trader

That is correct based on the bottle I purchased on Friday.

Jerk_Store and beer4miles like this.
  10. shadetree67

shadetree67 Disciple (309) Sep 11, 2013 Minnesota
    Trader

Do on site bottles count as a single pour?

11. jhavs

jhavs Poo-Bah (1,791) Apr 16, 2015 New Hampshire
    Society Trader

Matters size of bottle and how many are sharing. The 375ml's count as one pour when you are drinking yourself. It also changes based on the ABV of the brew.

shadetree67 likes this.
  12. M-Fox24

M-Fox24 Savant (976) Mar 17, 2013 New Jersey
    Trader

+ Bigger and/or higher abv will be split

jhavs and shadetree67 like this.
  13. Jerk_Store

Jerk_Store Disciple (340) Feb 13, 2015 Quebec (Canada)
    Trader

Thank you :slight_smile:

WolfsburgVW likes this.
  14. JuanFushashi

Trader

Longest line I’ve seen before open in a while. Took a hiatus this summer, but Aaron brings in the people. Even had an announcement for the line, which I’ve never seen.

Some people didn’t even know about the double secret probation open time, which says a lot too.

MattOC likes this.
  15. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (7,432) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

Thinking smaller yield this time?

16. MattOC

Trader

Did you see or hear if they were selling the new glassware that was pictured with the Aaron release details?

17. MattOC

Trader

Possibly, but I think it's more to starting the limits out lower from the get go instead of adjusting based on turnout. As I mentioned, limits dropped last year (twice) and rather quickly, if I recall correctly, because I think they were surprised by the initial turnout.

woodfinish and Sabtos like this.
  18. JuanFushashi

Trader

Unfortunately I do not.

MattOC likes this.
  19. MattOC

Trader

Thanks!

JuanFushashi likes this.
  20. JuanFushashi

Trader

On-site Twilight of the Idols magnum for groups of four for $100+...must be wild.

21. Stormfield

Stormfield Initiate (130) Feb 21, 2011 Massachusetts

Going up Saturday. Expecting a shit show. Part of me hopes that Aaron actually sells out - was hoping to go up and get a bunch of the standards without a fuss. (Although getting Aaron would certainly be cool). Wonder what the scene is like up there today (and tomorrow). No matter. I’m goin’ anyway.

22. ajthegreat

ajthegreat Initiate (155) Nov 11, 2010 Vermont

It should
    It should not be a shitshow on Saturday at all, comparatively. You are hitting the sweet spot between Labor Day and Leaf Peeping. Kids are back in school, people are not in Vermont on vacation, it's pretty tamed. I would expect that it should be pretty mellow if you go a bit later in the day. This is my favorite time of year to go up.

23. EDNOSE

EDNOSE Aspirant (224) Oct 27, 2007 Connecticut

I’ve only ever been to HF after Labor Day and before end of September and it is 100% the sweet spot between summer, leaf season and no winter travel concerns. Obviously, a certain beer or two could factor in but I’d guess you will be happy.

Stormfield likes this.
  24. wasatchback

wasatchback Disciple (330) Jan 12, 2014 Bahamas
    Trader

September is 100% the best time to go. I’ve had the place to myself for 30-45 middle of the week. Prime time for the fresh Southern Hemisphere hops too... the Riwaka they have this year is the shit. One of the only places that gets it in the US. Such an awesome Hop when it’s on.

25. unibroue4ever

unibroue4ever Initiate (130) Oct 20, 2010 Quebec (Canada)
    Trader

26. MattOC

Trader

Almost certain Kevin left Hill retail ops a short while ago. Per the opening info post, @PhilSaid is the go to for info now. Hopefully he can chime in.

Great question though. I’m holding out hope it will last until next Saturday, highly doubtful I would suspect, when I’ll be back up for the first time since the last Aaron release in November.

27. unibroue4ever

unibroue4ever Initiate (130) Oct 20, 2010 Quebec (Canada)
    Trader

28. chipawayboy

chipawayboy Devotee (436) Oct 26, 2007 Massachusetts
    Trader

Rockin the new Willi Becher glass.
    [​IMG]

papposilenus and Sabtos like this.
  29. papposilenus

papposilenus Meyvn (1,206) Jun 21, 2014 New Hampshire

So, HF doesn't seem to be posting limits for cans on the retail info page anymore. But the last couple of times I've been there, they've been limited to two 6-packs of each label. Stupid question: there isn't anywhere else to find that, right? I mean, before I've driven all the way up there and read it on the wall in the retail shop?

30. WolfsburgVW

WolfsburgVW Disciple (302) May 21, 2013 Maine
    Trader

You could likely call, otherwise they normally don't post can limits.

papposilenus likes this.
  31. jhavs

jhavs Poo-Bah (1,791) Apr 16, 2015 New Hampshire
    Society Trader

Seems like they would post it sometimes on the retail page, but not consistently. Calling or a post on here is probably your best bet. In the less busy seasons they have had no limits often.

papposilenus likes this.
  32. papposilenus

papposilenus Meyvn (1,206) Jun 21, 2014 New Hampshire

Calling would surely be the way to go - except that I leave the house hours before they open to get up there before noon. Or, in the words of the prophet, 'you get what you get and you don't get upset.'

Davl22 and jhavs like this.
  33. darkandhoppy

darkandhoppy Aspirant (267) Dec 26, 2008 Connecticut

those SP glasses are what's rockin' here:sunglasses:

chipawayboy likes this.
  34. wasatchback

wasatchback Disciple (330) Jan 12, 2014 Bahamas
    Trader

Grabbed one my last stop too.... anyone know where you can actually buy those little Willi’s in the US. I thought I was pretty proficient with the google but can’t find em anywhere.

35. hammer44

hammer44 Initiate (90) Mar 15, 2011 Connecticut

Does anyone know if the HF retail shop will be open on Sat 10/6? I seem to recall them being closed the Saturday of Columbus Day weekend last year (and perhaps previous years) but could be mistaken. The website doesn’t list any closures, but figured it was worth double checking before planning a trip.

Many Thanks

36. MattOC

Trader

Their retail calendar for that day indicates they are open.

http://hillfarmstead.com/retail-holidays/ See calendar at bottom of page.

37. hammer44

hammer44 Initiate (90) Mar 15, 2011 Connecticut

38. PhilSaid

PhilSaid Initiate (16) Jun 12, 2018 Vermont

We are open however we anticipate a larger turnout with the holiday weekend, so we’ll offer a limited onsite menu to expedite service. Business as usual in the bottle shop though.

jtodeasa likes this.
  39. PhilSaid

Limits are always subject to change so your best bet is to give us a call.

jtodeasa likes this.
  40. PhilSaid

Aaron should last most of the week and possibly Saturday. No guarantees though all depends on traffic flow!

JosephThompson, jtodeasa and MattOC like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.