1. Looking to trade some beers? Check out How to Get Started with Beer Trading.
Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Cuzco's n00b BIF Hints and Hauls thread!!

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by Cuzco, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ol_Johnny_Skippelwicky

Ol_Johnny_Skippelwicky Feb 13, 2013 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Okay, I think I've got 9 people on my list of possible senders (of those who've posted hints): flaran, grandmachine, hastur23, jonallan, kwaide, nesarebad, rusel_g, utisthelaw, and zekeman 17.

Would be happy if it were any of them!

1424IpA likes this.
  2. founder26

founder26 Sep 9, 2009 Michigan

its not hastur23 I can tell you that, he was my sender :)

Hastur23 likes this.
  3. Ol_Johnny_Skippelwicky

Beer Trader

Oops! Missed that one, thanks. Edit: I'm retarded, you just posted the haul moments ago. Good shit, might I add!

You're lucky you don't have to agonize over who it is anymore!

4. founder26

haha ya I didn't post his BA name just his real name. I know man I was totally not expecting it, and I was having a bad day with car problems so this really cheared me up! :D I can't wait to get my targets box sent out, but I have to wait till this saturday to get some goodies for him (think 3 floyds ;))

5. zekeman17

zekeman17 Feb 14, 2010 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

3 of those are still on my list of possibles, too. You, however, are not on my list.
    Checking your wants, I could take care of 6 or 8 no problem yet I am struggling with my
    box. Draw you own conclusion from that.

6. lurpy1

lurpy1 Jan 15, 2010 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

ISO: Jump to Conclusions Mat, a better "O Face" FT: Swingline stapler, pieces of flair.

7. Coldsnack

Coldsnack Oct 29, 2012 Florida
    Beer Trader

I have narrowed my possible sender down to two senders and I'm willing to give clues to my possible sender so they can guess if I know that they are my sender.

ThreeFishes likes this.
  8. 1424IpA

1424IpA Nov 2, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

Ya i was at firestone today filling my targets box to the brim, let me know if you need some firestone stuff in the future and we can see about working something out. thanks again.

9. phishbfm

phishbfm Dec 4, 2010 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

Man..I've just gotten into trading in the last few months and I can't wait to catch the next BIF like this. My mind is already racing w/ possibilities!

10. Hastur23

Hastur23 Mar 3, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Woohoo! Glad to know my very first box landed safely. Spent all day at work tracking it!

Cheers, Founder26! Enjoy! :)

(And yes, according to USPS, you'll have a little box of swag at your door tomorrow! I was praying that they'd land simultaneously, but 1 day off isn't too terrible, I hope!)

founder26 likes this.
  11. zekeman17

Beer Trader

I imagine it would be like having your birthday the day after Christmas.

founder26 likes this.
  12. 1424IpA

Beer Trader

hint #1. my target is EAST of me and freezes his ass off every winter.
    hint #2. if i drove 75 mph the whole way to hand deliver my box, i might make it in about 29 hours.
    hint #3. my targets wants are similar to mine and will be recieving a box comprised of mostly wants.
    hint #4. my target resides north of the 40th latitude.
    hint #5. my target seems to be what a bif is all about, he has posted more about what he is sending and hasnt really inquired about who is shipping to him. I plan on rewarding his thoughtfulness.

Hint #6. my targets zip code adds up to 17, Box is packed trying to figure out when to lug this bitch into fedex office, either tomorrow if they are open of first thing monday am.

13. ufmj

ufmj Feb 15, 2013 Florida
    Beer Trader

Hint #1: My target has posted only once in this thread.
    Hint #2: My target has recently had Pliny the Elder.

Hint #3: The sum of the digits of my target's zip code is 19.

14. Ol_Johnny_Skippelwicky

Beer Trader

Alright, scrap this whole list. I think I just figured out that my sender is not even on it.

General advice: shipping on a Monday is best because your box won't sit all weekend in a warehouse with no temp control.

1424IpA and UHCougar12 like this.
  15. IPAkindaguy

IPAkindaguy Aug 20, 2010 Florida
    Beer Trader

Finally got most of my shopping done. My target is south of me and a huge music fest will be announced tomorrow in their state , Which ill hopefully be attending.

16. lurpy1

Beer Trader

Hint # million. My target's profile has wants, gots and hads, but no full reviews.

17. Ol_Johnny_Skippelwicky

Beer Trader

I'm having a really tough time conserving hints for my sender. I have a few good ones in mind but they will narrow things down quickly. Anyway, I liked lurpy's puzzle (even though I couldn't figure it out--something with anagrams?) and while I am less clever, I will attempt to throw out some clues for the beers going into my target's box.

Clue #1:
    This beer shares its name with a Beatles song that would have made Dr. Timothy Leary proud.

Edit: Anyone can play!

18. Coldsnack

Coldsnack Oct 29, 2012 Florida
    Beer Trader

Now I'm convinced that fremontbar is my sender. Could be wrong...

19. Steve_Oldrati

Steve_Oldrati Nov 1, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

This could still be me. No clue what you meant with your last "riddle" though, that one's throwing me.

20. ThreeFishes

ThreeFishes Jan 8, 2013 Florida
    Beer Trader

Damn! I'm out.

21. Kwaide

Kwaide Jul 11, 2012 Virginia
    Beer Trader

I have no clue who my sender is, but thats what makes this exciting. I will likely share these beers with my buddy's at the Bachelor weekend if it comes in time for the party. I don't want to give too much away but figured it was time for a good hint since I have all of the beer collected.

217 oz total
    134.9 oz Wants
    82oz of because I want to and locals
    and there might be a few cans sneaking in for good measure I wouldn't want to wreck the porch half way.
    there will also be a local pint glass to drink some of your new beers.
    Will be shipping soon but as it might be going into an area that might get inspected I think it could be best to hold off a couple days.

It would take 10.5 hours to drive this package to its new home.
    My target has a taste for the darker styles

22. Ol_Johnny_Skippelwicky

Beer Trader

23. zekeman17

Beer Trader

Same boat, my friend--could be me and I also am completely baffled by that last clue.

24. Marti403

Marti403 Jul 23, 2011 Michigan
    Beer Trader

[​IMG]

I wonder what other goodies I can get for my target while I'm here....?

25. OUJayhawk1799

OUJayhawk1799 Jan 25, 2013 Oklahoma
    Beer Trader

I'm not your target,but there are plenty of things you could get for me if you want.

26. rgilbert

rgilbert Jul 4, 2010 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

Might have get some trades going on after this BIF. I didn't realize I could knock off quite a few people's Wants.

ufmj likes this.
  27. founder26

Hint 3, my target posted today for the first time...

28. Poorpatz

Poorpatz Apr 27, 2010 Massachusetts

Could be me. Good news suspect now in custody. Gonna sleep feeling a lot safer tonight.

29. Marti403

Marti403 Jul 23, 2011 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Honestly, I love sending out kuhnhenn stuff. Always willing to work something out. I live 3 miles from here.

ufmj and drbenzo like this.
  30. OUJayhawk1799

OUJayhawk1799 Jan 25, 2013 Oklahoma
    Beer Trader

Works for me. Just let me know if there is ever anything from my area (prairie, boulevard, etc.) that interests you.

31. lurpy1

Beer Trader

Yeah, it was way too hard. I love cryptic puzzles like in Harper's, but writing the clues is fargin' difficult. I also forgot I sometimes stare at the puzzles for 2 hrs and get nothing. I'll decrypt the clue after my target gets his haul, until then, maybe pretend it never happened.

32. Kwaide

Kwaide Jul 11, 2012 Virginia
    Beer Trader

Just checked out your wants, and I know I have many on your list.

33. zekeman17

Beer Trader

No need to apologize, we're the dumb ones.

34. BfloBrewHound

BfloBrewHound Feb 2, 2013 New York

Just picked up a bottle of a rare NYS sour. Wish my target's profile mentioned something about sours (hint). Wouldn't want to waste a bottle if it's not going to be appreciated.

35. 1424IpA

Beer Trader

Oh snap my 43 lb box made it to FedEx in time and on its way to LA. Hope my target pulls his head out before it arrives. Lol

texasdrugaddict likes this.
  36. bahnfire

bahnfire Jan 17, 2011 Vermont
    Beer Trader

My zip adds up to 17! And it does get freaking cold here. Not sure about hint #3. And 75mph x 29 hours = 2175 miles, and I believe it is a bit more than that from CA to VT. Loving the hints though!

1424IpA likes this.
  37. 1424IpA

Beer Trader

Appreciate the love but it is not you my friend (with all that heady)

38. ijaap

ijaap Jan 5, 2013 Washington
    Beer Trader

If Edgar Allen Poe had a favorite NFL team it would be from my targets state.

Pecafaced, AngusOg, ufmj and 3 others like this.
  39. lurpy1

Beer Trader

World's most disorganized brewery, so depends on whatever brew they find laying around. Maybe you'll be lucky and they'll find some KRE and french toast mead that had gotten put in the janitor's closet by mistake.

40. 1424IpA

Beer Trader

I want you, wee so heavy?

ThreeFishes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe