Cycle/ccb bottle releases

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by Jerseybeerlover609, Sep 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lare453

Lare453 Meyvn (1,414) Feb 1, 2012 Florida
    Trader

Btw, this barley wine style ale is..... cyclopedia that’s been sitting in barrel foe a long time.

2. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (8,480) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

Throwing the word "ale" in there was out of early paranoia. It originated as a barleywine style ale so as not to confuse consumers between beer and wine, and also avoid unnecessary regulation or taxation. Nowadays it's sometimes used out of nostalgia, but it's neither a different style nor a sub-style from barleywine.

3. FrankenMiller

FrankenMiller Aspirant (205) Mar 5, 2014 Florida
    Trader

None, its is just an over explanation of the what style beer it is.

17D. English Barleywine
    Overall Impression

A showcase of malty richness and complex, intense flavors. Chewy and rich in body, with warming alcohol and a pleasant fruity or hoppy interest. When aged, it can take on port-like flavors. A wintertime sipper.

22C. American Barleywine
    Overall Impression

A well-hopped American interpretation of the richest and strongest of the English ales. The hop character should be evident throughout, but does not have to be unbalanced. The alcohol strength and hop bitterness often combine to leave a very long finish.

Bfairhurst74 and Lare453 like this.
  4. spersichilli

spersichilli Aspirant (250) Apr 26, 2018 Florida
    Trader

Looks like Cycle is starting to send bottles out

Jason1221 likes this.
  5. NoleBeerNoleFun

NoleBeerNoleFun Initiate (104) Aug 17, 2015 Florida
    Trader

Speaking of Cycle are they not having BA Day this year?..anyone heard anything?

DrinksAlone likes this.
  6. MrSwingKing

MrSwingKing Initiate (53) Aug 13, 2017 Denmark
    Trader

We also got a fair amounto of Rare DOS in Denmark - through Mikkeller. Even still available at Mikkeller’s webshop here more than one month later.

7. Thirst_trappist

Thirst_trappist Disciple (325) Jan 18, 2016 Florida
    Trader

Interesting...Wonder why San Diego?

8. FrankenMiller

Trader

They sure has hell are not selling at the brewery. Thats why.
    If Cycle was at any fest in CA they can distro the state for a certain period of time.

Thats why during March you see beers from all over hit shelves or bars, they sing a 30 distro with a beer house and they can bring in what they want.

warrendietrich2001 likes this.
  9. DrinksAlone

DrinksAlone Initiate (71) Jan 18, 2017 Florida
    Trader

I picked up some bottles a few weeks back at Cycle. I was in there on a Thursday night around 7PM and there were only 3 people in there & 2 were bartenders

10. Thirst_trappist

Trader

Right I get slow sales.... But distribution across the USA to Cali? Haha

Why not other areas in FL beyond St Pete and Tampa? Why not another East coast state?

So yeah I'd like to know why SD?

LennyRubio and DrinksAlone like this.
  11. spersichilli

spersichilli Aspirant (250) Apr 26, 2018 Florida
    Trader

They’re at the Horus Hootenanny this weekend so that’s probably why SD

12. darkwing1

darkwing1 Initiate (147) May 13, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

I've heard nothing as of yet. I believe the last 2 years they sold tickets on MLK day weekend. After last years debacle with infected bottles on TBBW, I would think cycle wants to pull out all the stops this year so couldn't imagine why they'd cancel.

DrinksAlone likes this.
  13. Thirst_trappist

Trader

Ah that makes sense

14. Thirst_trappist

Trader

I don't know.... But there could be the other side of it.... They don't want to deal with it?

15. darkwing1

Trader

That's true!! Their crew does always seem to have a good time during and after BA day, but Doug is Doug and might just say the hell with it. At least if they do weekday bottles, we don't have to line up early to get them any more.

LennyRubio and Thirst_trappist like this.
  16. Thirst_trappist

Trader

Yeah who knows. We will see what happens.

17. DrinksAlone

Trader

Does their crew ever seem to have a good time? I get the exact opposite vibe from their employees every single time i'm there.

Gibspeed likes this.
  18. darkwing1

Trader

You might be right on the bartenders most of the time, but having been at cycle ba day 2 of the past 3 years and also hanging out at cycle after ba day each of the last three years, Doug and crew definitely were having a good time, albeit just a wee bit drunk, but a good time nonetheless!

DrinksAlone and Thirst_trappist like this.
  19. iTunesUpdates

iTunesUpdates Initiate (0) May 7, 2014 Florida

Overheard someone ask this a few weekends ago. Bartender said something about having trouble finding a host? Not sure if issue with shuffle board club or some other host duty.

But could be a game of telephone here. If someone asks the bartender they may be able to give you the direct answer.

20. FLBeerGuy

FLBeerGuy Meyvn (1,256) Feb 6, 2007 Florida
    Trader

Cycle is also available in Sacramento

21. darkwing1

Trader

I asked a bartender this weekend and was told it will be at the shuffleboard courts for sure, and that they are just sorting out details before announcing. Not saying this is true, just reporting what I was told.

22. Egotist

Egotist Initiate (189) Feb 19, 2011 Illinois

I hope so, it was a great venue last year.

23. FrankenMiller

Trader

[​IMG]

Cycle Brewing

Barrel Aged Day 2019!
    Friday March 8th, 12-4, at the Shuffleboard Club
    Tickets will go on sale, at the tap room only, Saturday 2/9, at 8 AM.
    Tickets will be the same as last year, $100 for General Admission, $125 for VIP which gets you in the gate 1 hour early.
    You can buy one ticket for yourself, and one extra, you will need ID and the full name of your +1 at time of purchase. Cash Only.
    The ticket includes unlimited pours from our barrel aged beers on tap, many of them event exclusive 1 off beers. You will also receive a glass and Festival Only bottle on your way out.
    This event will be the same as the past several years, it’s not broken so we aren’t fixing it, expect the expected including some specialty merch. See you there!

DrinksAlone and spersichilli like this.
  24. FrankenMiller

Trader

I just cant go this BA day, Super Rad Thursday night and Huna Saturday. If I do BA Day my liver will revolt and jump out of my chest on Sunday.

DrinksAlone, brock125 and LennyRubio like this.
  25. Scottsbeer

Scottsbeer Champion (884) Nov 3, 2017 Florida
    Trader

Livers are overrated

7irondave and FrankenMiller like this.
  26. odsbodkins

odsbodkins Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2010 Georgia

The events in St Pete that Friday are enough to make a liver hurt with out the other days. Wakefield event, foeder for thought, BA Day, and Magnanimous event.

DrinksAlone likes this.
  27. odsbodkins

So I guess that does raise the question of who is going for the grand slam of beer week events.

Thursday- AC Rad Party
    Friday - Cycle BA Day (and/or those other St pete events)
    Saturday - CCB Hunahpus
    Sunday - 7th Sun Hang over day

It's an impressive few days of beer events.

28. LennyRubio

LennyRubio Initiate (0) May 31, 2012 Florida

I'm doing those first 3 events and had to talk myself out of doing magnumpalooza

shand likes this.
  29. Thirst_trappist

Trader

Yeah you forgot garagiste magnumpolooza Thursday evening

And I'm curious who's going to do them all as well

DrinksAlone likes this.
  30. The_FishermanJay

The_FishermanJay Aspirant (223) May 16, 2010 Florida
    Trader

Answer: Only those guys who believe doing so will give them some sort of "legendary" status among other bottle-release overnight line-sitters.

It won't take any sleuthing to figure out who's done it because -- like every good CrossFitter, vegan and/or atheist -- you can be sure that those who do won't shut the fuck up about it.

31. odsbodkins

Ha, sadly I won't be able to do anything on Thursday or Friday so no Legendary status for me. Might be able to make it to Foeder for Thought on Friday night but doubt it. Hunahpu's Day and Hangover Day are always awesome so I will just be another commoner among legends. Which works for me as IPAs and sours are more what I go to events for but enjoy trying some stouts.

32. Thirst_trappist

Trader

You win the reply of the day!

Viclovescourtney and DrinksAlone like this.
  33. NoleBeerNoleFun

NoleBeerNoleFun Initiate (104) Aug 17, 2015 Florida
    Trader

Skipping Cycle BA Day this year for first time and doing AC Event instead...I know several others doing the same

colt3ninja and Thirst_trappist like this.
  34. Lapalou

Lapalou Disciple (323) Dec 21, 2014 Florida
    Trader

Technically you can have a cycle ba day anytime you want just by visiting the brewery Anytime you want, given all the ba stuff that is usually on tap and sitting there.

35. DrinksAlone

Trader

When I was in there 3 weeks ago, they didn't have 1 BA beer on tap. I've heard they've been having a bunch on but not the last few times I've been in there.

Thirst_trappist likes this.
  36. DogfishRyan

DogfishRyan Initiate (0) Mar 2, 2011 Minnesota

I've had the same experience visiting Cycle. Been there quite a few times where there wasn't a single BA offering on tap. But maybe that's changed over the last year since I haven't been for that long.

DrinksAlone likes this.
  37. BobMcKenzie

BobMcKenzie Initiate (25) Sep 12, 2018 Florida

Really? Did you see the chalk board on the right where the BA beers are listed? Sometimes people don't see them over there. I have been in 3-4 times since last summer and they have had at least 6 BA Stouts/BWs on tap every time.

odcardinal, shand and DrinksAlone like this.
  38. DrinksAlone

Trader

Of course, this isn't my first rodeo. They had hundreds of bottles in that corner but no BA beers on tap.

I would think they have a lot of beers for BA bay since they continue to produce more and more and it seems the demand / hype had died down substantially over the last year.

39. Thirst_trappist

Trader

Yeah the secondary market is dead for them besides remake of scoop. So people are more casual about showing up there.

Probably not telling anything you don't know.

Hopefully more will follow suit with greater production

Bfairhurst74 and DrinksAlone like this.
  40. shand

shand Meyvn (1,441) Jul 13, 2010 Florida
    Trader

DrinksAlone, Lare453 and BobMcKenzie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.