Cycle/ccb bottle releases

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by Jerseybeerlover609, Sep 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobMcKenzie

BobMcKenzie Initiate (25) Sep 12, 2018 Florida

Rare Dos 1 year has been on tap for last 4-5 months, and still is.

#3081 BobMcKenzie, Jan 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  2. BobMcKenzie

BobMcKenzie Initiate (25) Sep 12, 2018 Florida

3. NoleBeerNoleFun

NoleBeerNoleFun Initiate (104) Aug 17, 2015 Florida
    Trader

They probably would not gather as much dust if ya know they did what every other Brewery in the World does and sell Half Pours of their Damn Stouts..Can't tell ya how many times I would have tried or sampled a few more if they actually did

4. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (8,479) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

The Maths are hard.

FLBeerGuy and DrinksAlone like this.
  5. Lare453

Lare453 Meyvn (1,414) Feb 1, 2012 Florida
    Trader

They have had be beers on tap for almost 2 months. They have had the road trip series on at minimum since December 12 and 3 of the 5 are still on.

Lapalou likes this.
  6. DogfishRyan

DogfishRyan Initiate (0) Mar 2, 2011 Minnesota

Let's see if we can fill a full page with this repetitiveness. OMG! They've had BA taps on for months!

DrinksAlone likes this.
  7. drewone

drewone Poo-Bah (1,571) Sep 18, 2006 California
    Society Trader

If we say it enough times @DrinksAlone will have to reply :wink:

8. DrinksAlone

DrinksAlone Initiate (71) Jan 18, 2017 Florida
    Trader

Yea, I stand corrected. :grimacing: Thanks for all the concerns everyone! I guess I'll need to go up to Cycle sometime soon to have several pours.

9. Gibspeed

Gibspeed Initiate (84) Feb 9, 2017 Ohio

Good luck! Several pours will mean $36-40, dealing with the asshole bartenders for a couple hours, and being barely able to walk out, since you can still only get full glasses of BA beers.

I hate to harp on it, but the disconnect between my love for their beer, well organized events, customer service at the top of the organization, etc, and the absolutely horrific taproom experience is just something I've never seen before.

Hire nice people who actually know something about the beer and want to be there and allow for half pours of your BA beers... that's not a lot to ask.

10. DogfishRyan

But I was up there blah weeks ago and there were blah BAs on tap!

Thirst_trappist and LennyRubio like this.
  11. DrinksAlone

Trader

That has always been my issue with Cycle and why I didn't feel bad for them when they had their mishap last year during TBBW. Karma!

12. PrestigeWorldwide

PrestigeWorldwide Defender (635) Sep 22, 2015 Michigan
    Trader

Is it odd that all of their bottles seemingly disappeared from the website overnight?

Was going to drive to Tampa from our spot in Naples, but would have liked to grab at least a couple bottles for the Superb Owl.

Rkitchen likes this.
  13. arkitip

arkitip Initiate (17) Mar 10, 2016 Florida

My experiences at Cycle have all been fine, and a few have been outstanding. Entirely possible I'm easy to please though because I can't think of a taproom in the area I've had an actual bad experience. Wait, there was a time at Calusa.

ahroun likes this.
  14. Joehio

Joehio Initiate (0) Sep 7, 2016 Florida

Cycle’s taproom is fine. They just have dumb stances of not letting you sample or get a half pour of beer that costs a buck or more per ounce so it’s annoying. And the bar tenders aren’t gonna be your new best friend, but they’ve never been rude that I’ve seen besides perceived rudeness when they won’t let people sample a BA beer before buying.

BobMcKenzie likes this.
  15. lionssoccer13

lionssoccer13 Aspirant (209) Jun 30, 2011 Florida
    Trader

Does seem weird that the bottles have disappeared from the website. I was looking at them last night and considering ordering a few since my wife is due this week and I don’t have time to get down there. Went to pull the trigger today and all have vanished.

PrestigeWorldwide likes this.
  16. PrestigeWorldwide

Trader

Do they ever hold some back for on-site sales only?

17. lionssoccer13

Trader

I don’t know if anyone outside of Doug knows what really goes on at that place.

18. PrestigeWorldwide

Trader

Still available but taproom only sales per a message I got from Cycle.

19. alphaiii

alphaiii Initiate (0) Dec 6, 2013 Pennsylvania

I wonder the reason. Are they ditching the online bottle sale option already?

20. PrestigeWorldwide

Trader

I'm paraphrasing here, but "need to hold some merch back for a 'big event'".

speculation, BA Day?

Rkitchen likes this.
  21. lionssoccer13

Trader

Seems a bit ridiculous to hold bottles that old for an event in March. Especially since all the labels have the “drink fresh” phrase printed on them. I guess I’m assuming that they will do bottles for TBBW like they’ve always done as well.

PrestigeWorldwide, jloomis and johnyb like this.
  22. Lare453

Trader

From what I was told from people that work at cycle is they will be releasing all the bottles that week on Sunday so they don’t have to do the one per day thing.

23. DogfishRyan

Well that kinda sucks. Then again, less money I'd be spending. So ultimately a good thing.

24. Lare453

Trader

You’re upset that you don’t have to go every day?

LennyRubio, darkwing1, shand and 3 others like this.
  25. DogfishRyan

Well kinda. I would've just visited the day before I leave at the least. But I leave Sunday morning, so no bueno if I really wanted some bottles.

26. DrinksAlone

Trader

My guess is that it'll be Sunday 3/3/19..... no?

darkwing1 likes this.
  27. Lare453

Trader

I don’t understand what you’re saying.

jloomis likes this.
  28. Joehio

Joehio Initiate (0) Sep 7, 2016 Florida

He’s from out of town. He flys out Sunday the 10th. He was assuming the Sunday mentioned was the 10th so he can’t make it to Cycle before his flight. He was planning on going Saturday the 9th to grab whatever was leftover from the week day releases before he left town.

29. The_FishermanJay

The_FishermanJay Aspirant (223) May 16, 2010 Florida
    Trader

It makes a lot more sense for the Sunday to be Sunday, March 3: the beginning (officially the second day) of TBBW vs. March 10 (the end of TBBW).

30. mig100

mig100 Meyvn (1,270) Aug 3, 2014 Texas
    Trader

If you're reading this (which I doubt you are)... Please put the previously available bottles back online, thanks Cycle.

31. FrankenMiller

FrankenMiller Aspirant (205) Mar 5, 2014 Florida
    Trader

No employee in that taproom looks like they enjoy being there. I would not be surprised if Cycle closes the tap room and goes into Distro and pop ups for BA bottle sales.

jzen, Gibspeed and mig100 like this.
  32. mig100

Trader

Or just work harder at hiring and/or adjusting the company culture. I love their beers, but it seems like they need to step it up as a company and brand, including their social media presence or lack thereof.

#3112 mig100, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  33. NoleBeerNoleFun

NoleBeerNoleFun Initiate (104) Aug 17, 2015 Florida
    Trader

That's been a pretty strong rumor for a while that they are going to close The Tap Room on Central and just do something out of the Warehouse on 5 Avenue South..the way all the old buildings on Central are being bought up for millions and torn down for new projects this would not surprise me at all

Gibspeed likes this.
  34. DrinksAlone

Trader

Culture starts at the top and that isn't going to change.

NoleBeerNoleFun likes this.
  35. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (8,479) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

I really don't get the feeling that they like big public events or even being busy in the taproom. They only seem to like to make beer and have a mellow atmosphere, and TBBW is all kinds of opposite of all that.

Putting it into that perspective, everything makes a lot more sense. Not saying I'm right, just the vibe I get.

DrinksAlone likes this.
  36. mig100

Trader

This seems to be true, but not only is TBBW the opposite of that... but so is all of craft beer culture. That doesn't bode well.

DrinksAlone and Sabtos like this.
  37. ahroun

ahroun Initiate (0) Aug 22, 2003 Florida

Furry Friends NEIPA 4-packs and draft at CCB tasting room.
    “We've brewed this Double Dry-hopped IPA with Southern Passion and Idaho 7 hops to honor our favorite haired creatures great and small, from the tiniest field mouse to the grandest water buffalo. Snuggle up with your favorite mammal and enjoy the pronounced expression of Idaho 7 and Southern Passion hops.”

El Cat discount is still working as of this afternoon.

DrinksAlone and Thirst_trappist like this.
  38. jzen

jzen Initiate (0) Nov 29, 2018 Florida

I got this vibe as well. So have several others that I've spoken to about Cycle in Miami.

DrinksAlone and NoleBeerNoleFun like this.
  39. marine1975

marine1975 Initiate (0) Apr 27, 2009 North Carolina

Does anyone know what the caps looked like on the first bottling of Hunahpu - 2010 Vintage? I'm thinking it was a plain gold cap and the later years had a gold cap with the CCB logo. Is this correct?

40. DrunkyBuddha

DrunkyBuddha Initiate (0) Jul 3, 2014 Connecticut

Anyone not getting the extra ticket for the cycle BA day in here? ISO!! Can give thank you beers !!

Thirst_trappist likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.