Canada Dale's now in YVR

Discussion in 'Canada' started by JonnyBeers, Mar 27, 2013.

1. JonnyBeers

JonnyBeers Oct 24, 2012 British Columbia (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Noticed the other day that Oskar Blues Dale's Pale ale is now available in Vancouver. At Legacy for sure, possibly other stores. Southern Tier just made a return as well. Many others already here and expanding their distribution north. With Founders coming to Ontario, what are people's thoughts on the 'US Invasion' as some have called it?

I'm all for it. The more competition the better the beer will be. Far too many average brews coming out these days. I would however like to see more gov support for local breweries starting up ie: less red tape.

2. matthaslaservision

matthaslaservision Aug 18, 2012 British Columbia (Canada)

I can confirm southern tier, we'll be likely contacting beerthirst for some sku's in the near future. And i'm all for it, while others may see the beginnings of an over saturated market I see oppurtunity and new jobs for beer dorks and business savvy vancouverites alike.

JonnyBeers likes this.
  3. Boozecamel

Boozecamel Feb 25, 2011 British Columbia (Canada)

Ten Fidy woulda been better! Hopefully on the horizon.

Rutager and JonnyBeers like this.
  4. KStark

KStark Jul 13, 2012 British Columbia (Canada)

Dale's Pale Ale is at Brewery Creek also.

5. Torontoblue

Torontoblue Jun 12, 2005 Alberta (Canada)
    Subscriber

Ten Fidy is coming in too, at least into Alberta. I dread to think what this will cost seeing as a 6 pack of Dales is close to $21.00!!

6. papat444

papat444 Dec 28, 2006 Quebec (Canada)
    Beer Trader

:eek: Dale's is good but not good enough to pay 21$ for. Ten FIDY probably.....

7. Electros

Electros Feb 20, 2007 Ontario (Canada)
    Subscriber Beer Trader

That is
    That is crazy. 9.95$ in NYS! I could see a mark up of 4-6$ But more then double... No thanks.

8. JonnyBeers

JonnyBeers Oct 24, 2012 British Columbia (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Wow.... got my last sixer for $7 in WA, havent actually checked to see what it costs in YVR but I can't imagine anyone paying $20 for it.

9. Torontoblue

Subscriber

The rep has stated he's priced the Dales the same as any other US import in his portfolio, so it's the liquor stores doing the cash grab.

10. ericj551

ericj551 Apr 29, 2004 Alberta (Canada)

I would gladly pay $21 for a six pack of Ten FIDY but I'm guessing it will be more than than for a 4 pack.

11. Torontoblue

Subscriber

Isn't Ten Fidy only sold in 4 packs? That's all I've ever seen across the border, and they typically run to around $15.00. Guessing Ten Fidy will be closer to $30 once the stores get their hands on it!!

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe