Danger of IPAs

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by BetterBeerPlz, Feb 1, 2013.

1. PatriotsRule

PatriotsRule Sep 25, 2012 Massachusetts

I too love me some flavorful lager. Try an ipl from framingham's jack's Abby brewery!

2. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Sep 14, 2002 Wyoming
    Beer Trader

No. I can appreciate well made beers of all styles.

3. Hanzo

Hanzo Feb 27, 2012 Virginia

I generally gravitate to beers with bold flavors but I can still enjoy the lighter stuff. I think the main thing is not to switch from some massive DIPA to a low flavored beer in the same session.

Bitterbill likes this.
  4. terence

terence Mar 18, 2012 California

Could you recommend some lagers for hopheads?

5. CORKSCREWFISH

CORKSCREWFISH Apr 22, 2011 Illinois

Double Crooked Tree........Damn if this isn't one of the biggest,baddest,most beautiful DIPA's.So infrequently mentioned here, and yet it puts beers like Hypeslam and Aunt Jemima's 120min to shame! Of course,that's just like ,my opinion man!

6. ESHBG

ESHBG Jul 30, 2011 Pennsylvania

I'm not sure what you will have access to but since you specifically mentioned hops, here are a few that I know of: Sam Adams Double Agent IPL, Victory Prima Pils, Sixpoint The Crisp. And I haven't had the one PatriotsRule mentioned yet but I hear good things about it:

YogiBeer likes this.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!