Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Dark Lord Day 2013 (new site/info)

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Cenosillicaphobe, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burica2020

burica2020 Nov 17, 2009 Illinois

F**kin autocorrect, nice catch! But you should avoid plaque, gingivitis and tartar....and hogan says take your vitamins.

2. otrejo

otrejo Mar 8, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

burica2020 will be the guy bottlesharing Listerine.

willseph likes this.
  3. burica2020

Ill call it lambeek wants mint by dark horse.

4. incubuscience

incubuscience Jul 26, 2012 Illinois

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

5. ravot

ravot Mar 20, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

too soon.

Etan and BRZvice like this.
  6. mishuggah

mishuggah Jul 14, 2009 Illinois
    Beer Trader

That would necessitate a 50/50 blend with a bottle of nail polish remover :eek:

7. burica2020

Baller lambeek.....straight 50/50 blend instead of a blend to taste.

mishuggah likes this.
  8. aasher

aasher Jan 27, 2010 Indiana
    Beer Trader

I sure hope so. I got my 15th Anniversary tickets six days before the event.

CanisMajor likes this.
  9. griffeyb

griffeyb Oct 15, 2010 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Actually, at about 2:00 in the afternoon, Listerene would probably make for a nice "palate bath" for most people...

tat2dhllblly likes this.
  10. da_bulls

da_bulls Jun 7, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I've got two strikes but I'm not out. Conventional rules dictate I have another swing at the ball, but then again we might be playing by 3 Floyd's rules. My calendar shows two more Sundays until DLD, marking my Saturdays to remind me to take it easy.

11. MNPikey

MNPikey Feb 27, 2011 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Friday 4.12.2013 9AM Cash only. Limited amount of DLD2013 tickets for sale at the brewery. 21+, one ticket per person. Valid ID required. Name will be printed on ticket. Non-transferable. Non-refundable. Line will begin forming at 8:45. Please do not park in the lot or enter the property until 8:45.
    Buy it only if you’re attending.

12. sgoro

sgoro Jul 15, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Next pitch is tomorrow...
    https://twitter.com/3floyds/status/322544625808203776

13. Cenosillicaphobe

Cenosillicaphobe Jul 24, 2011 Maine

The one dude who was gonna maybe hook me up has to work tomorrow...fml.

14. donkeypuncher

donkeypuncher Mar 28, 2008 Illinois

Anyone know if they sell all group times at the brewery?

15. ravot

Beer Trader

Only been group A so far.

16. donkeypuncher

donkeypuncher Mar 28, 2008 Illinois

Thanks.

I can't make it until Group D or E. Wondering if I should head down to get a group A and hope that I'll be able to get my allocation later on the event day.

17. ravot

Beer Trader

Yeah, you can do that. the reason for the groups is to break down the lines and making it organized. Worst that can happen is you piss people off in group D or E since you're adding to the line (kidding). if you can ONLY buy group A ticket and only arrive up until at least group D. Buy the ticket. you'll be fine.

18. aasher

Beer Trader

If I would've known they'd keep releasing them I would have held off from online sales and made the trip just so I could have A slot.

BRZvice, birchholz and zrab11 like this.
  19. justyouraveragebeerguy

justyouraveragebeerguy Feb 5, 2013 Illinois

I hope they last all day!

20. sbxx

sbxx Mar 21, 2011 Illinois

Reading those FFF Facebook comments is painful.

21. aasher

Beer Trader

"I sell Three Floyds at my store in Wisconsin and I can't get Dark Lord" sob sob sob

22. sbxx

sbxx Mar 21, 2011 Illinois

I only make $3 profit on a case yet want tons more sob sob sob

JakeT469 and Msmith8814 like this.
  23. aasher

Beer Trader

Those cases cost $29.06 in Indiana. They need to up their prices. Perhaps that fool isn't doing HIS job.

Vav, MC6 and sbxx like this.
  24. da_bulls

da_bulls Jun 7, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Thursday night fucked, no one said anything about Friday, good thing I took off Friday for a concert, I'll be there ::full house:: and on and on, bringing some KBS for breakfast

25. zrab11

zrab11 Dec 25, 2010 Indiana
    Beer Trader

Same here. I wouldn't of traded for a guest E ticket if I knew they were going to release so many at the brewery. It looks like they may have with held too many for locals.. As last Sunday they had tickets on sale for like 3-4hrs and most likely stopped sales instead of ran out.

O well

26. BUNZILLA

BUNZILLA Jan 14, 2011 Indiana
    Beer Trader

I have this overwhelming urge to grab my cooler and get in line even though I have a ticket :)

27. conpewter

conpewter Mar 14, 2008 Indiana
    Beer Trader

It would be interesting next year if they did a local sale before online tickets and one or two after.

I still want them to just put codes to buy tickets on the bottoms of bottle caps or back of labels of their beer though :)

DyingBreed and aasher like this.
  28. pmoney

pmoney Apr 15, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

FT: Winning code Gumball Head bottle ISO: Rare, BT 09, Izzy, DDG

ADTaber likes this.
  29. Boilerfood

Boilerfood Jun 5, 2012 Indiana

Is anyone there yet? What is the line like?

30. JakeT469

JakeT469 Jan 13, 2012 Colorado

Had a friend in line at 9 when they went on sale and he said he was 9th in line. Not bad at all

aasher likes this.
  31. jeffdill

jeffdill Apr 26, 2012 Washington

Well unfortunately my girlfriend just got diagnosed with Celiac's. Great timing, right? I still want her to enjoy the festivities so we'll need some gluten free options! If you have any decent local gluten-free stuff that you could bring, I'd be happy to pay you face or trade for it...shoot me a message.

32. griffeyb

griffeyb Oct 15, 2010 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

lots and lots of cider.

JulianC likes this.
  33. jeffdill

Haha, that's the plan so far.

JulianC likes this.
  34. JakeT469

JakeT469 Jan 13, 2012 Colorado

I know Lakefront out of WI makes a gluten free beer that gets distributed here in the Chicago market. There's a decent amount of other gluten free brews here as well but I couldn't tell you who makes them or what they are. I don't drink them so I never pay attention but there are some options.

35. pmoney

pmoney Apr 15, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I believe Two Brothers has a gluten free beer too.

36. jeffdill

Looks like they do..."Prairie Path." It looks good! We can't get it in Ohio (to my knowledge).

37. AlexHouston

AlexHouston May 19, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

They must be producing way more Dark Lord than years past if they're able to keep staggering tickets like this.

I also wonder how diligent they're going to be if someone who already had Group A went back for another.

38. stxSS07

stxSS07 Nov 23, 2010 Illinois

I don't think they sold any group A tickets online. 1200 tickets would presumably take a little while to go through with the IP and non-transferable factors considered.

I wouldn't hate it if they DID end up making more DL though.

39. cetherid

cetherid Aug 23, 2010 Indiana
    Beer Trader

Be pretty risky. Since A was the only group NOT sold in pairs, they more than likely won't allow those with the handwritten A tickets to be used as "Plus 1s". I'm sure many have already done it but you risk losing 30 bucks, which could come in handy for some pours of BA DL here in a couple weeks.

40. danimalarkey

danimalarkey Mar 3, 2008 Illinois

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer Fest® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe