Dark Lord Day: 2014 Questions

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by regularjohn, Oct 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myersk27

myersk27 Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2011 Indiana

I remember having Rufus, Stone SSR with Espresso, and Older Viscosity....so i think that pic was from early afternoon...like somewhere between 1-3. I remember having Hill Farmstead Everett on tap earlier in the day. And Sun King Pappy van Muckle.

2. beardownboiler

beardownboiler Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2014 Illinois

I had never doubted my ability to get on the Reggie's shuttle (and have never done it). Is it actually difficult to get a spot on it?

3. Drucifer

Drucifer Initiate (0) Apr 16, 2012 Illinois

Is anyone doing the secret bottle BIF where you wrap a quality bottle in a bag or something and exchange it for the previously submitted bottle?

jrhottle and IPAFan521 like this.
  4. HopFace

HopFace Initiate (0) Feb 29, 2012 Colorado

There was a whole row of guest taps last year. I remember around 5pm or so I had some BB double IPA. No idea who it was from but it was great (not Doom). By that point there weren't many lines or anything. Just a whole row of taps for my choosing. There were also 2-3 FFF draft stations where I had BA Ice Grille, Dark Lord, and Sobro all on draft.

5. Lansman

Lansman Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2011 Missouri

Nothing against Reggie's, but one of the reasons for organizing my own bus was to avoid the potential for breaking down on the side of the road. (Didn't this happen a few years back?) The Reggie's shuttle has seen better days...

6. kevanb

kevanb Poo-Bah (2,518) Apr 4, 2011 Illinois
    Society Trader

Has a bottle limit been announced? too lazy to parse through this thread

7. Ericl2

Ericl2 Initiate (0) Apr 25, 2013 Indiana

They won't announce this until the morning of....also, they'll reveal the variants also.

8. ackeeper

ackeeper Initiate (0) Dec 22, 2008 Illinois

I just cancelled two rooms at the Courtyard in Hammond for DLD night, 4/26. Good luck to the first one who can call up and get 'em.

da_bulls likes this.
  9. da_bulls

da_bulls Initiate (0) Jun 7, 2012 Illinois

I had this too I think, it was a PVW DIPA from Flat 12, Sun King, or a Kentucky or Tennessee brewery. Can't remember at this moment, looked it up and found it after DLD, but couldn't find it just now after a quick search on BA. I do remember having BA Hell's Black Intelligencer on tap at the guest taps row which I thought was odd since the BA FFF beers were coming from the stations just in front of the brewery. If I were going this year, I would just hang by the guest taps and the large bottle sharing area under the tent adjacent to the guest taps.(Assuming a similar layout as last year)

10. da_bulls

da_bulls Initiate (0) Jun 7, 2012 Illinois

There may be a waiting list, but good luck to anyone on here looking for a room.

11. kevanb

kevanb Poo-Bah (2,518) Apr 4, 2011 Illinois
    Society Trader

ALSO I DEMAND INSIDER INFORMATION ALSO

12. mdomask

mdomask Initiate (0) May 27, 2012 Illinois

One of the BADL variants this year is Ouzo Dark Lord.

True story.

kevanb likes this.
  13. Iamjeff6

Iamjeff6 Initiate (0) Sep 9, 2013 Virginia

I heard along with the Ouzo they are releasing a Grappa Dark Lord

mdomask and kevanb like this.
  14. mdomask

mdomask Initiate (0) May 27, 2012 Illinois

Watch. Two weeks from now, people will be bitching because they heard there would be Ouzo and Grappa variants and FFF doesn't have them.

BertSugar, merpunk1, Franch and 4 others like this.
  15. Ericl2

Ericl2 Initiate (0) Apr 25, 2013 Indiana

Don't forget....they'll also be looking for their colored wristbands....lol.

mdomask likes this.
  16. Lansman

Stop it. We all know that BADL wick Pears is the only confirmed variant that matters.

jrhottle, wsnich, Drucifer and 2 others like this.
  17. Stevedore

Stevedore Poo-Bah (5,941) Nov 16, 2012 Oregon
    Society Trader

Red wine barrel-aged Dark Lord.

18. beernuts

beernuts Initiate (0) Jan 23, 2014 Virginia

I'm looking forward to the pickle barrel and rain barrel variants.

jrhottle, mnbearsfan and BRZvice like this.
  19. DooshBagalow

DooshBagalow Initiate (0) Dec 1, 2012 Illinois

If google searches would show trends, I'm sure for a brief period there, 'ouzo' and 'grappa' were a quick spike. kutgw

jrhottle likes this.
  20. Cuzco

Cuzco Initiate (0) Mar 22, 2008 New York

I have not seen that one yet but I would be willing to run it if anyone is interested.

jrhottle and Drucifer like this.
  21. Scalawags

Scalawags Initiate (188) Jun 18, 2013 Michigan

I'd be interested.

22. DooshBagalow

It's being held, the details are at another board. If you're at all familiar with the Darkness Day blind bottle BIF, same host.

23. Socalfan21

Socalfan21 Aspirant (203) Aug 1, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

Where do we get details on this?

24. HopFace

HopFace Initiate (0) Feb 29, 2012 Colorado

Peanut Butter and Jelly Variant just announced.

zrab11 likes this.
  25. Scalawags

Scalawags Initiate (188) Jun 18, 2013 Michigan

10-4, thanks for the heads up.

26. DooshBagalow

Can someone message him? I have no room in the inbox.

27. zrab11

zrab11 Initiate (0) Dec 25, 2010 Indiana

That or a smoeres variant I'd buy as many as I can!

28. stevegnd

stevegnd Initiate (0) Jun 27, 2012 Georgia

A little early for weather predictions, but...(only 1 hour of precipitation so far...)
    [​IMG]

29. Gameover170

Gameover170 Initiate (164) Feb 8, 2013 Indiana

Yeah this changed from two days ago, where it was previously 71 and sunny.....damn cold fronts

30. Lansman

No no no no no no no no no.

Let's not turn this into a weather thread. We're not running a marathon here, we're drinking one.

UtisTheLaw, stevegnd, JulianC and 4 others like this.
  31. Iamjeff6

Drinking beers and listening to Metal has no temperature limit!

#1671 Iamjeff6, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    BertSugar, tanis and Ak555667 like this.
  32. Socalfan21

Socalfan21 Aspirant (203) Aug 1, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

Also, in the Midwest, you never believe anything anyone has predicted weather wise until the day of. Anything at least two days out is most likely bullshit.

tanis and Drucifer like this.
  33. jisom123

jisom123 Initiate (0) Aug 21, 2008 Indiana

If any one opens their crowdsurge envelope and finds an extra ticket with the name "Aaron Campbell" please send me a BM. CrowdSurge mailed us only 1 ticket instead of the 2 that we were charged for.
    Their customer support asked if the envelope looked tampered with, which it did not. They then proceeded to tell us,'We printed them all, who knows what happened to it. We're not sending you a replacement.'

34. Drucifer

Email FFF.

Last year there were several people I knew that didn't even receive theirs. They emailed FFF and got put on a will call list. It was very easy to get a band at that tent last year. Just ask the workers when you arrive about the will call (or do what FFF says in the email).

EDIT: I can assure you this is not bullshit as stated below. They may not be doing will call this year, but they DEFINITELY did last year for people that did not receive tickets. I'm sure others can confirm.

#1674 Drucifer, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  35. Iamjeff6

That sounds like total bullshit

36. jisom123

jisom123 Initiate (0) Aug 21, 2008 Indiana

It is definitely BS. And we ALLLLLL KNOW exactly what is going to happen: Crowdsurge will send a cookie-cutter reply to us the day before the event and say, "We are sorry, but we couldn't resolve the lost ticket. We have credited your account with $37.89. We hope this hasn't caused any inconvenience, such as booking hotel rooms or taking off work. Again, congrats on receiving part of your order, have fun going by yourself, and better luck next year. - Cheers".
    lol.
    Who do you reccomend that I email? Holly? I'll shoot her an email and get her input. Thanks guys!

37. Drucifer

I don't rmeember who he emailed. I think he just looked on their website for contacts or something.

38. ravot

ravot Initiate (0) Mar 20, 2012 Illinois

i'd probably just dispute some of those charges with your credit card company.

jisom123 and blue-dream like this.
  39. teledeluxe

teledeluxe Initiate (0) Nov 21, 2013 Illinois

You can try info@runningwatersgroup.com

That's the FAQ email on the dark lord page. They'll email you back within a few hours. You may or may not get an awesome answer.

40. mr_g00dkat

mr_g00dkat Initiate (0) Apr 16, 2014 Illinois

It is true that your tickets are lost or stolen that FFF and the event coordinators have a procedure set up to help you. USPS lost my tickets so they naturally claimed that they were delivered and such. I contacted amy@runningwatersgroup.com and she helped me out. You will not be reissued tickets via the mail but they make it possible to enter the event and deactivate the tickets that are missing so that no one can use them.

a_beckman25 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.