Dark Lord Day

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Saviorself, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Saviorself

Saviorself Mar 15, 2012 Ohio
    Beer Trader

I am going to DLD with a couple of good friends but was unable to get a ticket myself. I have yet to have the honor of visiting the brewery but was hoping that I would still be able to purchase Zombie Dust, Dreadnaught, and other on hand beers. I know I cant get Dark Lord but I was wondering if anyone had any info from previous visits to DLD? (fingers crossed)

2. Gameover170

Gameover170 Feb 8, 2013 Indiana
    Beer Trader

You can't get into the grounds without a ticket, sorry man. You can try to go the day before or day the after though and you'll be able to buy these.

mdfb79 likes this.
  3. mdfb79

mdfb79 Jan 11, 2010 New York
    Beer Trader

Yeah, you won't be able to get in; they have fences up and to get admitted to the grounds you need a ticket.

If all your friends got tickets I would scour the tickets forum and look for 1; as it gets closer, people will be looking to sell or trade some, as always. If that fails I'd take Gameover170's advice and show up on Sunday. I believe when I went to DLD in 2011 I heard they still had some cool beers on tap Sunday afternoon, and I'd guess they'll still have plenty of their normal beers for sale in bottles.

4. Saviorself

Beer Trader

Thanks for the info. I should go back and change the status to "not" going to DLD. :(

5. JakeT469

JakeT469 Jan 13, 2012 Colorado

If you're friends got tix and you end up going with them but are unable to land a tic just tell your friends what you want and they can bring the beer out of the fest for you. Once your friends are inside the gates they can come and go as they please. Just have to get your hand stamped when leaving the grounds.

birchholz, Saviorself and ravot like this.
  6. ravot

ravot Mar 20, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Also,
    if you don't have a ticket, still go and bring beer with you and make new friends. a ton of people are going and will be hanging out outside of the FFF grounds. you'll see tents and tables full of beer. if you can't bring beer, bring a lot of food to share. you'll make friends who want to give you good beer. all without having a ticket.

7. Saviorself

Beer Trader

That sounds good. Im talking to a buddy now and we r in the process of maybe finding someone with an "extra" ticket. Idk how tough that will b but its definatly worth a shot. I checked the website but they havent announced the allotment per person. Do u know anyhing about that yet?

8. myersk27

myersk27 Oct 21, 2011 Indiana
    Beer Trader

last year the allotment was announced 2 days before DLD....it was 4 bottles per person....

9. bigthirst

bigthirst Jan 30, 2013 Wisconsin
    Subscriber Beer Trader

I didn't get a ticket this year either, but still thinking about making the drive the bottle share in the parking lot is better than the taps (I've got a couple to share, maybe find a trade for a '13)

10. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Mar 17, 2010 Michigan

dvelcich, atone315, aasher and 4 others like this.
  11. AlexHouston

AlexHouston May 19, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Can we please get more stickies for the following threads:
    "I'm coming to (blank) Day/Festival, what should I expect?"
    "What websites show what stuff is on tap at a particular bar?"
    "Hey, I'm visiting (your town) next (week/month/year). Any good bottle shops/beer festivals?"
    "I'm got tickets for (festival/event) this year. Who's going?"

We need these right at the top of each sub-category, making it damn near impossible to miss.

12. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Mar 17, 2010 Michigan

I'll bet you a Dark Lord AND a KBS that people would still create duplicate topics.

aasher likes this.
  13. AlexHouston

AlexHouston May 19, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

And I would lose that bet. Horribly.

Save us Jason and Todd. You're our only hope!

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe