Darklord Day 2017

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by Beanblossom, Oct 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoDudeguy

YoDudeguy Initiate (0) May 5, 2015 Illinois

It would be a real slap in the dick if they sold any kind of variants at the kiosk on Friday that could have taken place of vintages on Saturday. But hey, FFF!

Born_A_Jee, funhog, SourTweek and 4 others like this.
  2. JFresh21

JFresh21 Disciple (349) Mar 6, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

Question: Let's say there are no variant bottles. Would you pay $180 for 6 bottles of regular dark lord? I bet we would lose about 30% of the attendees.

here4thebeer11, croush and Sabtos like this.
  3. Jmalo

Jmalo Initiate (155) Apr 12, 2016 Ohio
    Trader

No. They would have to go back to GA tickets with the option of buying DL.

FrankenBeery and JFresh21 like this.
  4. Runofthedill

Runofthedill Initiate (0) Oct 28, 2014 Ohio

We already know its going to be that lame muscat dread bottle, no worries on Friday.

xxbassplayerxx likes this.
  5. zach60614

zach60614 Initiate (0) May 1, 2012 Illinois

Yes, that waiver would be unenforceable and I could still sue the shit out of them. Some quick research: "An exculpatory agreement cannot release willful, wanton, intentional, or even reckless acts"

ChiCubs78 and JJH1018 like this.
  6. JJH1018

JJH1018 Initiate (196) Sep 13, 2013 Illinois

I'm sorry I'm only versed in Bird Law and those types of various lawyerings.

On a serious note, I'm trying to decide if working from home the next two days is a poor decision. That has the possibility of slowing time down to a crawl.

7. ChiCubs78

ChiCubs78 Initiate (0) Jan 2, 2015 Illinois

#ItsNotNormal #SubjectToChange

YoDudeguy likes this.
  8. zach60614

I worked from home yesterday and am in the office today. They are crawling about the same.

MasterPenguins and Sabtos like this.
  9. zach60614

I would still go as I'm more about the bottle share and the camaraderie of ragging on metal bands.

MasterPenguins and ChiCubs78 like this.
  10. mdomask

mdomask Initiate (0) May 27, 2012 Illinois

[​IMG]

11. Socalfan21

Socalfan21 Aspirant (231) Aug 1, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

I personally am not going. I love the experience but not for 180 dollars and such uncertainty. I don't care about the variant. I never used to buy them even when I won the scratch offs. I would give it to the person in line behind me or whomever I would have been talking to.

DLDlulz likes this.
  12. Heisenbrew

Heisenbrew Aspirant (240) Aug 21, 2016 Missouri
    Trader

Metal is King.

Cannonball and ChiCubs78 like this.
  13. JJH1018

[​IMG]

Can't tell if my picture isn't showing or if my stupid work proxy is blocking it.

14. Zoomslowik

Zoomslowik Disciple (333) Mar 17, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

Depends on how many people might notice if you start drinking and how serious the consequences would be.

15. ChiCubs78

Pic not showing...

16. JJH1018

Well if I'm drinking whilst working from home it's very easy to just not answer any calls. However, I'd feel far too guilty to drink during work hours.

17. JJH1018

I'll chalk it up to the work proxy. Quite frankly I'm surprised I'm able to get on to this site.

mdomask and ChiCubs78 like this.
  18. ChiCubs78

They're watching you :astonished:

19. Zoomslowik

Zoomslowik Disciple (333) Mar 17, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

This is why no one lets me work from home.

ChiCubs78 likes this.
  20. JJH1018

No sweat, I'll blow away the logs. brb.

lucky_bastard and ChiCubs78 like this.
  21. mdomask

mdomask Initiate (0) May 27, 2012 Illinois

Shows for me... alternate:
    [​IMG]

22. ChiCubs78

Now I see it. Excellent.

mdomask likes this.
  23. YoDudeguy

None of this makes any sense.

texasalec, Sabtos, Jaycase and 2 others like this.
  24. Socalfan21

Trader

Where did I lose you?

ChiCubs78 likes this.
  25. myersk27

myersk27 Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2011 Indiana

i get the $180 price tag being too high....but you said "And such uncertainty"....which the only thing really uncertain is the variant/vintage thing....but you don't care about the variant...so why does the uncertainty bother you?

26. macewank

macewank Initiate (189) Aug 28, 2010 Illinois

It's not about the vintages! It's about the lines! The sharing! The comradery!

Kumbaya Dark Lord Kumbaya
    Vintage Beers, Dark Lord, Vintage Beers
    Kumbaya, Dark Lord, Kumbaya

Collin7, Ohiou84, TheKlevin and 3 others like this.
  27. Coel

Coel Initiate (0) Apr 21, 2014 Pennsylvania

I would still go. It's still 25$ per bottle and 30 for admission. The bottle sharing is great. And honestly I'd probably be a little more liberal with my regular dark lord.

YoDudeguy and ChiCubs78 like this.
  28. Lazhal

Lazhal Devotee (479) Mar 13, 2011 Michigan
    Trader

Don't blame me, you all actually asked for some VDs.

[​IMG]

ChiCubs78 likes this.
  29. ChiCubs78

DLD WEATHER UPDATE:

Weather Underground, Weather Channel, NOAA, and Accuweather now all agree on:
    Temp between 68-70
    Sunny with some clouds
    0% precipitation

Billy_Bars and Coel like this.
  30. YoDudeguy

What this guy said, plus the fact that you were originally stoked on your group A a while back before all this nonsense. But you don't care about variants. But you would have if your Group A status got you a Handjee. I didn't feel like typing all that out, but there's a lot of wrong going on in your comment.

Model101_T-800 and ChiCubs78 like this.
  31. TV1101

TV1101 Initiate (0) Feb 25, 2017 Illinois

Someone told me a few years ago there was a separate line for people who didn't have a bag. I haven't heard anything like this anywhere else. Anyone know if that's the case this year?

32. ChiCubs78

There's not a separate line per say, you just skip the bag check.

TV1101 and YoDudeguy like this.
  33. TV1101

TV1101 Initiate (0) Feb 25, 2017 Illinois

Thanks, does that take very long? He seemed to think it was about a 90 minute difference if you didn't have a bag.

34. Coel

Coel Initiate (0) Apr 21, 2014 Pennsylvania

Oh fuck we're all going to die

35. Jmalo

Jmalo Initiate (155) Apr 12, 2016 Ohio
    Trader

No one knows as this year they have the staging area and are checking bags up front.

TV1101 and ChiCubs78 like this.
  36. kodt

kodt Defender (666) Mar 6, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

More like 5 minutes.

Unless he was talking about re-entry, I heard a few people get stuck back in the main line for re-entry with a bag, while no-bag allowed them right back in. But I think that was the fault of bad festival workers not realizing the rules.

Maybe in 2013 or 2014 they may have asked people with no bag to cut ahead of at a certain point when you got near the gate, but I can't imaging it making more than 10 minute difference or so. Every year things change a bit, and depending on which line you were in, what time of day, and what festival workers were there you may have had a difference experience than others.

TV1101 and eppie82 like this.
  37. JJH1018

It was like that in 2015 but not last year. I guess we'll find out on Saturday if they'll do that again. It was very nice to leave my backpack with friends and just walk right into the fest.

TV1101 likes this.
  38. Socalfan21

Trader

Here's the deal. Three Floyd's wants to charge each consumer $180 for 6 bottles of dark lord. The next year it'll be $250 for 8 bottles of dark lord and a glass with scratch offs for a variant. I love craft beer and honestly I love this event because three floyds was the first brewery I ever went to growing up like 15 miles away but I do not even want the initial 4 bottles they are giving me. When they decided to throw in a variant in the price tag, my thought process was "cool at least there's something new to try." It was about the bottle share when they made the bottles secondary to the event itself. It was 30-40 bucks for admission and you can buy whatever you want there. Awesome. Great.

But now it has become very apparent that it's turning more into a "wait let me give you even more! *but we have to charge you up front for something you may not want*" Everyone will have a different opinion on this but the whole point was to get everyone something new initially. Last year, Floyds was selling us on the total package for 200 bucks. We will buy you drafts and even give you a variant if you pay upfront. Now, they are charging us the same price and making this a Russian Roulette of something we may or may not want.

Three Floyd's not making enough variants was the problem from the beginning. They didn't want to change their pricing point drastically from last year BUT they wanted to try to compensate for what they lost in variants. Then the changing of the rules and regs of how everything was going to be distributed fell apart and they panicked a few times. It is all a moot point now.

With that said, I do look forward to meeting everyone and sharing beers on Saturday.

here4thebeer11, Narthax and DLDlulz like this.
  39. Socalfan21

Trader

Sure, since floyds is charging me 50 dollars to take a variant, I would have chosen one of the vanilla ones because I had never had it before but I would have taken anything available to me aka like last year. I'm not all that concerned. It's more so about Floyd's business practices. I was excited and am still excited. This literally has nothing to do with the variants though....

40. HouseofWortship

HouseofWortship Meyvn (1,408) May 3, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

I say this every year at DLD...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.