Dave's Brewfarm News

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by jera1350, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jera1350

jera1350 Dec 15, 2007 Minnesota
    Society

From Facebook:
    The Four Firkins
    "It is with a sad, yet hopeful heart that I write this message. It is the end of an era. This is a delicious all-malt American Lager, Brewfarm Select from Dave's Brewfarm. Which has been dubbed by Dave himself, as his go to "lawnmower beer." From the beginning Dave's plan has been to brew all of his beer in house at the Farm in Wilson, WI. For the last several years he has been brewing this beer through contract at Steven's Point. He has now made the difficult but well thought decision to discontinue this particular beer, without the capacity for canning at his brewery. We have purchased a lot of it, and will have it available as long as we can. A perfect beer for your end of summer/fall gatherings. Moving forward we are excited to see the new packages and offerings coming from Dave. Good luck to him, and we can't wait to see what he sends our way as the next phase of brewing at the farm! Cheers! -Michael"

I know Dave posts on here on occasion, so hopefully he can provide some insight. If he starts doing things in house, we could start seeing some amazing Labrewatory beers in stores (fingers crossed). I'm a huge fan of the Brewfarm and would love to enjoy more creations other than Matacabras and Select at home!

2. maximum12

maximum12 Jan 21, 2008 Minnesota
    Society Trader

Too bad about the Select.

But I couldn't agree more with your last sentence. If Dave ever starts releasing some of his genius-level beers in bottles, Wisconsin might would have a new best brewery.

psychotia likes this.
  3. mjryan

mjryan Dec 22, 2007 Minnesota

Anyone been out to Wilson recently? I wonder if he got his brewhouse up and running yet?

4. morimech

morimech Nov 6, 2006 Minnesota
    Society

Sad to see a quality can offering go away.

5. Greggy

Greggy Jul 20, 2007 Minnesota

Sad news. Dave put out a great product. I really enjoyed hitting the brewery up when I went to school at UW-Stout. It'd be nice to see more of Dave's product out there in the future.

Greg

6. wisconsinbeer1

wisconsinbeer1 Nov 11, 2004 Wisconsin
    Trader

According to a close source, Mocha Diablo is one of the beers that will be hitting distribution. That will be splendid.

7. maximum12

maximum12 Jan 21, 2008 Minnesota
    Society Trader

Splendid? SPLENDID? That's just not a strong enough word.

I hope your source is right. I'd buy Mocha Diablo until my liver cracked.

feloniousmonk likes this.
  8. wisconsinbeer1

wisconsinbeer1 Nov 11, 2004 Wisconsin
    Trader

Haha, ok. How about swell? Seriously though I cant wait for these to hit shelves. My weekends are too damn busy to make the trip very often.

9. jera1350

jera1350 Dec 15, 2007 Minnesota
    Society

Uh yeah, my weekly schedule is way too busy with work and family to make it out there more than twice a year. Mocha Diablo in bottles? Yes please!

10. loudmouth

loudmouth May 24, 2010 Wisconsin

Select may come back in a bigger format. He's playing around with his new, bigger system now.

He has so many cool beers, he could release FramBrewLay, Lupulo Noir, AuBeXXX...

11. lurpy1

lurpy1 Jan 15, 2010 Minnesota

I liked Select as a hot day beer, but it wasn't representative of the crazy/awesome stuff Dave has. I always assumed Select subsidized the other stuff. Certainly hopeful the business is in great shape to stand alone without Select. I need to go back to Wilson....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.