DC/MD/VA Goose Island Bourbon County Stout Spottings

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Kmccabe33, Dec 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kmccabe33

Kmccabe33 Aspirant (230) Nov 4, 2011 Georgia
    Trader

I know Whole Foods @ Fair Lakes is going to release it on Friday, no word on variants as of yet.

2. skinsfan

skinsfan Zealot (555) May 24, 2005 Maryland

TW McLean had BCBS, BCBCS and Backyard on sale this morning. I called at about 10:45 and was told they still had "plenty", 1 4pk limit for BCBS and 1 bottle limit per on the other two. I arrived at noon and Backyard was long gone, but still had Coffee and BCBS. They said at the time that they were close to being out of the Coffee too.

3. HookemHoos

HookemHoos Zealot (522) Sep 20, 2013 Virginia
    Trader

Just called and Total Wine McLean, Springfield and Alexandria all have BCBS (limit 1 4-pack per person). They also all have the coffee, but much less of it. Backyard is gone already and the barley wine didn't make it to their stores.

Cheers and good luck.

4. MattNelson

MattNelson Initiate (0) Sep 1, 2010 District of Columbia

damn. the one day i am stuck in the office and couldn't run over this morning...

5. HookemHoos

Trader

Whole Foods on Wisconsin has the BCBS and barleywine. I think they are running low on barley wine though.

6. jaheussner

jaheussner Initiate (0) Dec 25, 2008 District of Columbia

Does anyone know if WF P street still has any BCBS?

7. Brutalism_X

Brutalism_X Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2013 Maryland

Has anyone seen it in MD?

8. truckerock

truckerock Initiate (0) Jan 19, 2011 Maryland

MD has seen regular and Barley Wine. No coffee or BY yet...

9. cysiam

cysiam Initiate (164) Feb 21, 2005 Kentucky
    Trader

WF P has regular but they seem to have sold out all variants over the weekend.

10. jaheussner

Tenleytown or Glover Park?

11. BFF21231

BFF21231 Initiate (80) Aug 12, 2013 Maryland

Honeygo released regular and barleywine on Black Friday, no idea if they have any left. Max's had bottles of those for sale on Black Friday as well. Haven't heard anything yet about when other stores around Baltimore are releasing.

12. HookemHoos

Trader

Sorry, didn't realize there was one in Tenleytown. I was referring to the one in GP. They had about a case of Barleywine left this morning. Not sure if it's still there or not.

13. Thrashsquatch

Thrashsquatch Initiate (0) Nov 13, 2013 Virginia

Went to TW Chantilly around 12:30 and they had a little less than a case left of BCBS. They had backyard earlier in the day but like McLean it was long gone by the time I was there. They said they should be getting coffee tomorrow.

14. Brutalism_X

Brutalism_X Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2013 Maryland

Awesome. I'm just looking for a 4pk of the regular stuff. Can you point me in the right direction?

15. Nevermore

Nevermore Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2013 Colorado

TW in towson had some left of regular as of saturday but no idea if it is still there or not.

16. heystevec

heystevec Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2013 Maryland

I got 2 - 4 packs (limit) of BCBS at Total Wine in Towson today, but they were on the shelf and the only 2 on the shelf. Might be worth a call.

17. stereosforgeeks

stereosforgeeks Savant (939) Jul 10, 2005 Virginia

TW alexandria got coffee, regular, and backyard today. I assume coffee and backyard are gone (3 or so cases of coffee and 1 backyard).

No barleywine yet.

18. zefarrett

zefarrett Initiate (0) Oct 19, 2013 Maryland

I really want to find some coffee around the baltimore area. Damn!

Drankenstein likes this.
  19. RKP1967

RKP1967 Aspirant (286) Sep 26, 2010 Virginia

Yes, both gone. BY was gone before I got there, and the guy before me got the last Coffee. Hopped back in the car and went to springfield...the BY was gone but got a Coffee.

I also called Fairfax and the Coffee and BY were both gone as well.

stereosforgeeks likes this.
  20. skinsfan

skinsfan Zealot (555) May 24, 2005 Maryland

WF Fairfax just dropped BCBS, Coffee and Backyard on the floor a couple minutes ago, limits 1 4-pk each of BCBS and Coffee and 1 bomber of Backyard. Here is link

21. stereosforgeeks

stereosforgeeks Savant (939) Jul 10, 2005 Virginia

I always forget about the Springfield store. I tried Whole Foods in Alexandria but they had to turn it away due to inventory issue. It will be back soon.

22. mjord23

mjord23 Initiate (133) Jan 3, 2011 Connecticut

Just left Whole Foods in Clarendon. Backyard Rye is sold out (last bottle sold as I walked upstairs, so I missed out), and I think coffee was nearly gone as well, but regular was still available.

23. gunpwdr

gunpwdr Initiate (150) Feb 7, 2013 Virginia

Interesting that some TW got coffee and backyard while others only got the regular. Gives me hope that I'll score some coffee, but not too much hope if it goes in less than 30 minutes like it did at WF Fairfax.

24. C20Percent

C20Percent Initiate (0) Aug 24, 2011 Virginia

WF Reston said they expected today, but I called an hour ago and they hadn't received it. None of the TWs got the BW.

25. Sterlingbeerguy

Sterlingbeerguy Initiate (72) Jan 23, 2010 Virginia

Different distributors service different counties/stores. Not all arr created equally unfortunately.

TW Sterling should have some surprises tomorrow.

gunpwdr, C20Percent and Thrashsquatch like this.
  26. larryi86

larryi86 Poo-Bah (4,164) Apr 4, 2010 Delaware
    Society Trader

Was just at State Line and got a 4-pack of BCBS, said barelywine should be getting there soon, but didn't know if or when they would get Coffee and Backyard Rye.

27. colty42

colty42 Initiate (93) Nov 14, 2011 District of Columbia

Shneiders on Capitol Hill has BCBS and Barleywine. Their limiting sales to 1 4 pack of BCBS and only 1 bottle of the Barleywine to each customer. They've sold out of coffee

28. MattNelson

When did they get Barleywine and how much? I work near there and when I called earlier she said they only had bcbs.

29. 1up

1up Initiate (0) Mar 5, 2013 District of Columbia

Same.

30. PA-Michigander

PA-Michigander Meyvn (1,446) Nov 10, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I know it sucks, but I wouldn't rely on calling. I'm not sure how much some of the employees know about these variants let alone the regular stuff. If you're close why not pop in and see what they've got?

Good luck hunting!

31. jaheussner

I think I got the last 4pk of both BCBS and Coffee at Whole Foods Glover Park about an hour ago. Seems annoyingly limited compared to last year. Then again, we were probably spoiled by the cases just sitting around for months.

32. colty42

No clue about when or how much. I was there this afternoon at 5 and the lady who fetched it for me didn't mention anything about how much they have left

33. MattNelson

Damn. I'll check again tomorrow. How much was the Barleywine?

34. colty42

They priced every bottle individually, even the 4 pack of regular BCBS, at $6.99. Not bad actually considering what I've seen singles go for before

35. nihiloexnihil

nihiloexnihil Initiate (179) Jan 2, 2011 Maryland

Strange how some places (namely, all of the NoVA Total Wines) got none of the barleywine. I wonder if that will be showing up at a later time.

pmarlowe likes this.
  36. pmarlowe

pmarlowe Meyvn (1,354) Nov 27, 2010 Virginia
    Trader

Yeah, I was wondering why barleywine has been so scarce around here.

37. PA-Michigander

PA-Michigander Meyvn (1,446) Nov 10, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I've got to assume it will show up. Maybe I'm too optimistic but why wouldn't they spread their products at least "close" to even throughout the country?

38. aandresen

aandresen Initiate (154) Sep 21, 2009 Arizona

We got regular and Barleywine here in AZ, pretty weird. I am coming to NoVA over Christmas if anyone wants to trade for Coffee or Backyard Rye.

39. nihiloexnihil

nihiloexnihil Initiate (179) Jan 2, 2011 Maryland

Yeah, there's no way we've seen the last of it (at least I'll tell myself that before I panic and start trading for it haha). But it does feel good to be knee-deep in BCBS this year.

40. mjord23

mjord23 Initiate (133) Jan 3, 2011 Connecticut

No idea if anyone is interested, but I've got some BW (picked up over Thanksgiving in NY) and I'd love to swap some for a Backyard Rye if someone managed to nab an extra since I struck out on grabbing any.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.