DC/MD/VA Goose Island Bourbon County Stout Spottings

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Kmccabe33, Dec 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aandresen

aandresen Initiate (154) Sep 21, 2009 Arizona

Not me, I am panicking for Coffee.

2. PA-Michigander

PA-Michigander Meyvn (1,448) Nov 10, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I am headed to MD and DC (perhaps NOVA) Wednesday as I've got some shopping and visiting to do. I already know of a couple places that have the BCBS that have not been touched (in the way outskirts) but don't have the variants. I will provide some real time updates as I hit some of the local places around town if anyone is interested.

If anyone is interested in doing any IP trades let me know. I can bring with me as much Jai Alai, Founders Breakfast Stout and Bells as needed. I will need to know by tomorrow night so I will know how much to bring. I'm not looking to profit, just to try things I wouldn't be able to try otherwise. Look for updates all day Wednesday as I come across anything good.

3. pmarlowe

pmarlowe Meyvn (1,355) Nov 27, 2010 Virginia
    Trader

How fresh is the Jai Alai?

4. PA-Michigander

Trader

The stuff I currently have is October 18th. I bought some of the same stash back on November 2nd so it was only two weeks old. I still find it amazing but know that people are looking for the most fresh stuff available. I am heading back to the little place I buy it tomorrow and I hope it is a new batch and not more of the 10/18 stuff.

I don't mind drinking that stuff and if I find a newer batch I would give that up easily allowing people to try a fresh great beer.

5. Saudereth

Saudereth Initiate (193) Feb 21, 2013 Virginia

Nova gets Jai Alai now so you shouldn't have an issue getting it if you leave the city. We got well over 100+ cases dropped on the area a few weeks ago from 11/12 and should be getting more in a few weeks too (based on what Nick at Arrowine told me). Not to shit on this guys trade and threadshit it up, just nothing he's offering is anything we can't get.

pmarlowe likes this.
  6. PA-Michigander

Trader

Believe me, it is no problem at all! The more advice out there the better we all are!

7. Myst

Myst Aspirant (278) Dec 13, 2011 Maryland

sippin on some `12 bcbs right now, gonna go hunting tommorow. let yall know the good spots.

8. pcarney8

pcarney8 Initiate (156) Aug 3, 2012 Virginia

In case anyone missed it, churchkey still had BW and regular on tap when I left tonight... also some founder's sweet repute. Just a heads up.

gunpwdr and WorldWideStout like this.
  9. aea1156

aea1156 Initiate (0) Oct 10, 2013 Maryland

Fresh off the delivery truck ... Katcef Brothers is delivering BCBS to the stores along Mountain Road in Pasadena, MD at this moment (Got mine at 177 Liquors) ... talked with the delivery driver and he advised he has not seen any of the variations along his route to date.

10. GenDV138

GenDV138 Initiate (33) Sep 23, 2012 Virginia

Nothing at Total Wine Sterling yet

11. Eriktheipaman

Eriktheipaman Savant (952) Sep 4, 2010 California

Judging by the forums it seems Nova did get less than last year, or it's just more popular. I would have thought Nova would be swimming in it since Ca got a TON of it out here for the first time in years.

12. Thrashsquatch

Thrashsquatch Initiate (0) Nov 13, 2013 Virginia

TW Chantilly got a minimal amount of coffee in today. So few they're limiting one 12oz bottle per customer (at $5.99 ea.). Still have some regular 4 packs at $22.99.

13. jaheussner

jaheussner Initiate (0) Dec 25, 2008 District of Columbia

Schneiders still has BCBS and BW as of 30 mins ago

14. RKP1967

RKP1967 Aspirant (297) Sep 26, 2010 Virginia

The four packs were $19 ($18 if you had a coupon like I did). Seems like everyone should break up all the four packs and sell them as singles. They'd make $5 more per four pack.

15. RKP1967

Are they still only selling one bottle of barleywine, at $7 a pop?

16. mjord23

mjord23 Initiate (133) Jan 3, 2011 Connecticut

Yeah, I agree - it would be nice if they did that too.

17. jaheussner

Yup, $6.99.

18. Sterlingbeerguy

Sterlingbeerguy Initiate (72) Jan 23, 2010 Virginia

TW Sterling has coffee now. No BW or BY....grrrrrrrrrr.

19. jaheussner

How much did you guys get?

20. Saudereth

Saudereth Initiate (193) Feb 21, 2013 Virginia

Jennings we should drink soon. Love, Preston.

In other news, Sherry's in DC has Standard, Coffee and BW, they're gouging a bit hard at 29.99 for Coffee and BW and it's 24.99 for standard. They're in ADMO.

21. WorldWideStout

WorldWideStout Disciple (324) Jan 12, 2009 Pennsylvania

TW Manassas said that they should be receiving their Goose Island on Wednesday, though they "couldn't guarantee that it would be there."

Anyone hear about the barleywine making its way into stores this week?

22. Thrashsquatch

Thrashsquatch Initiate (0) Nov 13, 2013 Virginia

TW Chantilly said no BW made it in to VA. I think it's BS, but who knows.

Did they have a limit?

23. jaheussner

Rumor has it they got sixtels of Coffee and BW for their growler station, too. Hoping they have some left after I get off work. And yes, please, I've got too much stuff to drink right now!

24. reidjoshua

reidjoshua Initiate (165) May 3, 2013 California
    Trader

I'll take a barleywine or coffee off someone's hands for $ =/

WF Clarendon has 4packs for regular for 24.99. Couple cases left. They also had Founders Sweet Respute for $19.99/bottle. Beer guy said they just got in Hairy Eyeball a nd Stone Smoked Coconut Porter I believe. He's got a sixtel of regular BCBS that he's gonna put on once the next keg taps.

I asked him about getting something going like WF Fair Lakes but he said there's no one there everyday to keep it updated, I told him it doesn't have to be daily, but then he said the best is just to call. weak.

Edit: They also had Stone's Beard Beer for $20/bottle

#64 reidjoshua, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  25. gunpwdr

gunpwdr Initiate (159) Feb 7, 2013 Virginia

TW Sterling had a 4-pack limit for coffee.

26. zefarrett

zefarrett Initiate (0) Oct 19, 2013 Maryland

They still have?

27. gunpwdr

I didn't ask how much they got. If you don't work nearby, I'd imagine that they'll be done by 3PM. I saw BA types parking in a hurried way as I was leaving.

28. RKP1967

Fat balding guys with beards?

29. reidjoshua

reidjoshua Initiate (165) May 3, 2013 California
    Trader

Some type of obscure brewery shirt is a must as well.

Thrashsquatch likes this.
  30. Brutalism_X

Brutalism_X Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2013 Maryland

Would you guys say the Barleywine is worth getting? Just asking. Please don't shoot me.

31. aandresen

aandresen Initiate (154) Sep 21, 2009 Arizona

Definitely worth getting, and I am not a big BW fan. This one is really good.

32. gunpwdr

You said it, I didn't. But seriously, TW's clientele in nova is 99% soccer moms and dads so it's easier to pick out BA types. Especially when they're burning through a mostly empty parking lot.

33. Sterlingbeerguy

:grinning:I resemble that remark.

34. RKP1967

How do you know that the guy you peg as a soccer dad isn't a beer geek as well?
    I mean I'm a lean, cleanshaven marathon running dad of one with all of my hair who also happens to be a beer geek. :wink:

smanders likes this.
  35. BMitch

BMitch Initiate (116) Jul 10, 2012 Virginia

I hope me in my khakis and dress shirt didn't screw up the stereotype too much!

smanders likes this.
  36. Sterlingbeerguy

We're all fat balding guys on the inside just waiting to burst out....

pcarney8 likes this.
  37. MattNelson

MattNelson Initiate (0) Sep 1, 2010 District of Columbia

Seriously, i'm always running in and out on my way to or from the office or a client appointment.

BMitch likes this.
  38. gunpwdr

You're not drinking enough beer if you can run a marathon. Actually, I wish I could run a marathon but my lungs are what slow me down... not my beer gut.

39. crow121

crow121 Initiate (149) Sep 23, 2010 Maryland
    Trader

jason's in ellicott city has regular and BW for $22 each.

stephenjmoore likes this.
  40. Arsenal_MC

Arsenal_MC Initiate (109) Feb 25, 2013 District of Columbia
    Trader

So I've been staying mostly in DC to find some BCBS variants.. Odd question maybe, but are there any spots in Southern MD (ie, off Rt-5, Branch Ave), or even SE DC, like Anacostia?

A guy in NW told me he got Cherry Rye from somewhere in SE!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.