DC/MD/VA Goose Island Bourbon County Stout Spottings

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Kmccabe33, Dec 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devman171

Devman171 Defender (612) May 16, 2013 Maryland
    Trader

The Description on the coffee was correct, Los Inmortales coffee

2. airifle

airifle Initiate (0) Aug 2, 2013 Maryland

Slow day, huh? Any more MD places with stock spotted recently?

3. BeerBarron

BeerBarron Initiate (88) Mar 19, 2013 Maryland

staples corner in crofton got bcbs and barleywine...can one of you virginians or dc folk please hook a brother up with a backyard?

4. SlothB77

SlothB77 Devotee (495) Dec 28, 2012 Virginia

Modern Liquors, 901 M St NW, Washington DC just received Coffee, Backyard Rye and Barleywine. But they already have allocations. One block from Mt Vernon Convention Center Metro.

5. 1up

1up Initiate (0) Mar 5, 2013 District of Columbia

Yeah they give it to their best customers

BaltimoreBeerGuy likes this.
  6. DCgolfpro

DCgolfpro Initiate (0) Oct 26, 2011 Maryland

How do places keep track of their best customers? Do they have a database where they attach every sale to a customer account?

7. BeerBarron

BeerBarron Initiate (88) Mar 19, 2013 Maryland

You're telling me that they don't know you at your local store? I've opened up a line of credit at Dawson's.

8. DCgolfpro

DCgolfpro Initiate (0) Oct 26, 2011 Maryland

Yes. And the first thing I did when I started shopping there was bring the beer guy 6 high ranked out of market beers. I live in MoCo. I Do half my shopping at Total Wine in McLean. You think they have an idea of how much money I've spent there in the last (insert any amount of time)? I also buy groceries at Harris Teeter. No one there knows my name, but on every receipt there's a little line telling me how much I've saved this year. They know what you buy and give you coupons for shit they know you buy to get you to buy more. They're keeping track, why aren't the big alcohol chains? Why the local beer guy doesn't know my name after his gift and frequent visits is beyond me. Look at my avatar. Wouldn't you remember that face?

BFF21231 and MonRoRo like this.
  9. Devman171

Devman171 Defender (612) May 16, 2013 Maryland
    Trader

Odenton Liquors said they were getting regular BCBS and a keg of Barleywine, guessing for growlers tomorrow

10. Evan

Evan Devotee (461) Mar 9, 2012 Maryland
    Trader

Mills Fine Wine & Spirits (in Annapolis) has Regular, Coffee, and Barleywine. 4-pack limit of each. 34.99/4-pack. 8.99/single bottle

11. Blakeo

Blakeo Initiate (147) Mar 15, 2012 Washington
    Trader

Geez.. That's robbery!

12. Evan

Evan Devotee (461) Mar 9, 2012 Maryland
    Trader

Ha, it ain't cheap. I picked up a 4 of Coffee because it is freakin delicious and I'd rather pay $34.99 at one spot than drive to 4 different stores to get one bottle at a time at $6.99. After driving 45 min to TW Sterling yesterday to miss the last of it there I was an easy sell.

13. 1up

1up Initiate (0) Mar 5, 2013 District of Columbia

No database. The store is small and it's the same guy there every time. He knows who buys a lot.

14. Jb1677

Jb1677 Initiate (0) Jan 24, 2011 Maryland

Everyone's favorite Perfect Pour has BCBS for a reasonable 25, they also have BCBW for 10/bottle!!!!

15. GreenMonster12

GreenMonster12 Initiate (66) May 19, 2013 Maryland

Got to love the $10 a bottle. No Rye or Coffee?

16. Jb1677

Jb1677 Initiate (0) Jan 24, 2011 Maryland

Nope

17. zefarrett

zefarrett Initiate (0) Oct 19, 2013 Maryland

Has anywhere near baltimore got rye? I haven't heard of it anywhere near here. Not including DC. Apparently one of the distributors here never got coffee which is why its been MIA

18. skinsfan

skinsfan Zealot (555) May 24, 2005 Maryland

DC definitely got Rye, although quite limited.

19. ahuckk

ahuckk Initiate (103) Jul 18, 2012 Maryland

The Cellars / Harris Teeter in Locust Point has BCBW and possibly a bit more BCBS but it was behind the counter. 20.99/4pk (limit 1 4pk of each)

20. sweetcell

sweetcell Initiate (94) Dec 6, 2013 Maryland
    Trader

any leads on who might be receiving tomorrow (Friday)? ideally, downtown DC or anywhere NW...

or have all shipments been received, and we're SOL at this point?

21. wardenclyffe

wardenclyffe Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2010 Virginia

Has anybody found the Barleywine in VA somewhere?

22. gillagorilla

gillagorilla Meyvn (1,300) Feb 27, 2013 Maryland

They could be holding it back. Also, it appears they went down by $2, because the 2012 singles of BCBS they sold earlier this year were $12, unless the extra $2 was their "vintage" price for just a few months. $25 isn't too bad overall though.

23. raveskdr

raveskdr Initiate (0) Oct 10, 2009 Virginia

There was a pricing/ABC issue with BCBW. It was resolved earlier this week and you'll start seeing BCBW pop up in the next week or two.

pmarlowe and SlothB77 like this.
  24. raveskdr

Any good beer manager has a mental database of who comes in and buys beer continuously, and who comes in just to buy the tough to get stuff. I would hold 3-5 bottles for my best regular customers. The rest was always released into the wild.

Got to take care of the guys that are keeping you in business (or not...oh, Ricks...sigh) without only coming in when Hopslam, KBS or BCBS hits shelves.

25. MonRoRo

MonRoRo Initiate (41) Nov 1, 2013 North Carolina

I feel the same way. Yesterday I was actually in the middle of typing a hateful post about a place mentioned on here (where I've spent a ton of money but never seemed to have a hook-up) when they called me to come pick up my allotment. Guess it works out sometimes...

1up likes this.
  26. SlothB77

I have my regular place. They have only gotten BCBS so far. Last year I was getting multiple bombers of coffee from them. Starting about six months ago, every time i came in the guy would go into the back and pull out a bottle of something they hadn't put on the shelves yet, i.e., the Southern Tier Warlock, or the Stone/ Bluejacket Suede or the Boulevard Bourbon Barrel Quad. Well, now it is Friday and they haven't received any of the variants yet and so I have had to go to other places I am not a regular at. I went to one place I have never been before and the guy knew he had a fish on a hook. $43 for a 22oz Backyard Rye bomber retail. And yes, i paid it.

Looking at the reviews, everyone loves the BCBW - higher end of the Bourbon County Brand beers. The Backyard Rye is reviewing well, but lower-tier among the BCB class. Apparently this year's coffee is amazeballs. I got the Backyard Rye in DC. I got two 12oz coffee's in South Arlington yesterday.

If what [bold]raveskdr[/bold] says is true, then I am looking forward to getting BW in Arlington.

27. BeastLU

BeastLU Initiate (0) Dec 20, 2012 Virginia

Any body spotted coffee at any of the nova wegmans? The one in Fredericksburg has it.

28. djre4orm

djre4orm Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2011 Virginia

This years coffee is in fact legit. Backyard is very fruit forward now, somewhat sweet, which should age down. I don't blame you for paying $43. If they have what you want, how much is your time & gas worth. Especially the Backyard, rather scarse. It's the driving around to piece together an overpriced 4pk that gets me. The BCBW is good but has nothing on Sucaba.

SlothB77 likes this.
  29. raveskdr

Long gone. It didn't last long in Fairfax.

30. RKP1967

RKP1967 Aspirant (298) Sep 26, 2010 Virginia

You talk like Sucaba is on every store shelf. And you misspelled scarce.

31. raveskdr

It's true. There is approximately the same amount of BCBW that will hit NoVA as there was Coffee. So keep that in mind. I'd guess you see similar limits because the same places that got Coffee will get BCBW, and in similar amounts.

32. Sterlingbeerguy

Sterlingbeerguy Initiate (72) Jan 23, 2010 Virginia

GI BCBS BYR is in TW Sterling.

33. djre4orm

djre4orm Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2011 Virginia

Sorry, I am on my cell phone at an airport...

34. SlothB77

I was willing to pay $43 for my first backyard rye, mainly due to its scarcity. I won't pay $43 for my second. It was cheaper for me to overpay for that than miss a day's worth of wages to wait in line for a midweek, midday shipment.

I should be able to get the BW from the same place i got the coffee.

pmarlowe and djre4orm like this.
  35. ipas-for-life

ipas-for-life Aspirant (260) Feb 28, 2012 Virginia

I hope you are being sarcastic after your Central Waters comments on page 3 of this thread.

Sudleysfinest likes this.
  36. HookemHoos

HookemHoos Zealot (523) Sep 20, 2013 Virginia
    Trader

Just called and was told they're sold out. Damn

37. Sterlingbeerguy

Sterlingbeerguy Initiate (72) Jan 23, 2010 Virginia

This is not true.

jtladner and C20Percent like this.
  38. C20Percent

C20Percent Initiate (0) Aug 24, 2011 Virginia

Got called out, dude! I'm sure it's a one-bottle limit. It's not like you could have bought the whole stock.

39. Blakeo

Blakeo Initiate (147) Mar 15, 2012 Washington
    Trader

this is definitely not true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.