Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Deschutes Stoic and Obsidian Stout now available

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by Smithrob9999, Apr 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smithrob9999

Smithrob9999 Aug 3, 2011 Texas

I just saw the update from Whip In showing these have hit Denton County. I've been looking forward to trying the Obsidian, I don't think I've ever seen it in Texas

2. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Apr 26, 2007 Texas

Gabriel's in San Antonio has both beers. And the Saucer has it on nitro-tap.

3. willandperry

willandperry Sep 15, 2011 Colorado
    Beer Trader

I had Obsidian on nitro in Denton at oak street drafthouse. This was a week or so ago so they may not have it, but regaurdless, thats a great place and worth checking out if you haven't already.

4. BlindSalimander

BlindSalimander Aug 16, 2010 Texas

Obsidian Nitro on tap at FW Saucer. Was tasty.

5. r0nburgundy69

r0nburgundy69 Jan 27, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

anybody seen stoic in Austin?

6. Smithrob9999

Smithrob9999 Aug 3, 2011 Texas

I tried the Obsidian last night and it was great. Is the Stoic worth grabbing ?

7. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Apr 26, 2007 Texas

The general consensus is no, though it does have a few loyal fans.

8. Erik

Erik Mar 5, 2012 Texas

I've seen Obsidian Stout in Houston for a while, but recently saw the Stoic at some smaller Specs.

9. SpecsBEERMAN

SpecsBEERMAN Jun 25, 2007 Texas

Houston has had Obsidian for a few years, it recently launched in DFW and Austin about a month ago. Will be spreading around the state soon. The Stoic going around is another wave of the 2011 Stoic, more was recently sent down from the brewery, but will be limited to DFW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe