Deutschland Bier bought and drunk (2020)

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Snowcrash000, Jan 28, 2020.

1. grantcty

grantcty Initiate (133) Feb 17, 2008 Minnesota

My luck with 'fresh' German imports continues. This time with Hofbräuhaus. Someone from HB North America must've read my recent posts in another thread lamenting the fact that all of the HB at my local store was a year old.

Well, my local Total Wine now has HB that is all bottled in 2020. The Original was bottled January 27, the Hefe-weizen was bottled January 22, and the Dunkel was bottled February 12.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. einhorn

einhorn Aspirant (299) Nov 3, 2005 California

With the deep downturn in sales, I wouldn't be surprised if we see heavily discounted German beer hit the market soon, if it hasn't already.

AlcahueteJ likes this.
  3. steveh

steveh Poo-Bah (2,636) Oct 8, 2003 Illinois
    Society

Bastard.

;-)

AlcahueteJ and grantcty like this.
  4. jeebeel

jeebeel Initiate (180) Jun 17, 2003 Texas

Jealous here too @grantcty . My Mom lives in Minneapolis. Next time we visit, a beer and wine run to Lake Wine & Spirits and bowling with my wife at Bryant Lake Bowl will happen.

AlcahueteJ and grantcty like this.
  5. EmperorBatman

EmperorBatman Initiate (115) Mar 16, 2018 District of Columbia

Weihenstephaner Helles from the Maß. I’ve had this Stein for a few years, never used it until now.
    [​IMG]

6. Domingo

Domingo Poo-Bah (2,673) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Society

When Paulaner/H-P pulled out of Colorado we lost all hope of getting fresh German imports. At least on a regular basis. We seem to get moderately fresh Rothaus and Schonramer every 2 years, but I don't think that counts. Ditto with random single drops we'll never see again. Most everything seems to be at least 8 months old now.

7. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Poo-Bah (4,486) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Society

Same situation in SEPA. I have stopped purchasing packaged (bottle, can) German brewed beers.

Cheers!