Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Distribution in Louisiana

Discussion in 'South' started by ZethOfTheNorth, May 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZethOfTheNorth

ZethOfTheNorth Jan 31, 2012 Louisiana

Via Facebook, Parish announcing 750s of Farmhouse IPA for April.

In related news, they're also bottling Canebrake now, although distribution limited to Lafayette/Baton Rouge area.

2. EgadBananas

EgadBananas Mar 18, 2009 Louisiana

Steins. Must have gotten them prior to you visiting there.

3. ZethOfTheNorth

Thanks, will do.

Also, for what it's worth, Goose Island just rolled out their first wave of six-packs to our market: Honkers and 312.

4. injuredreserve

injuredreserve Apr 18, 2010 Louisiana

Picked up GI IPA today in Covington bottled 03/01/2013.

5. avenuepub

avenuepub Apr 23, 2009 Louisiana

Just talked to Duvel/Ommegang. Game of Thrones Blonde will hit the La market but in very small amounts.. Something like 4 cases and as many kegs for the whole state. We are going to tap our keg the night the guys from Duvel are in town April 8 th and there will be at least 2 other tappings in La that night or the days following. Package should arrive on the shelves the same time.

Also tin roofs new IPA should be hitting bars in New Orleans this week. And Goose island 312 is not Availble in kegs. Pairie kegs arrived this week. I don't know who else took some but I'm trying to get mine on by this weekend.

That's all the news I can't think of at the moment .

lionoa7x and wyatt like this.
  6. EgadBananas

God I hope tin roofs ipa is as good as the parade ground!!! Hope barley oak gets prairie kegs...don't thing I can get enough!

7. DavidDulock

DavidDulock Dec 22, 2011 Georgia
    Beer Trader

Southern Tier coming up, don't mind if I do.

8. EgadBananas

Was quite disappointed in the Juke Joint..

9. EgadBananas

Where'd you hear this?!

10. ZethOfTheNorth

It's on the Avenue Pub's new feed on the site. Expected by early May.

And, in more terrific Avenue Pub news: Stone Enjoy By tapped on April 17.

avenuepub, EgadBananas and Casedogg43 like this.
  11. DavidDulock

DavidDulock Dec 22, 2011 Georgia
    Beer Trader

Stone Enjoy is here, folks. Drink 'em if ya got 'em!

12. tbryan5

tbryan5 Sep 22, 2012 Louisiana
    Beer Trader

State wide?

13. EgadBananas

Looks like a few things slipped into distribution under the radar:

Caldera
    Nectar Ales
    White Birch
    Laughing Dog

Have only seen Caldera IPA, but really hope Rauch Ur Bock makes it here.
    The Nectar Ales intrigues because I know they are a Firestone Walker company. Is FW in our future as well? Crossing fingers...

14. BRoss242

BRoss242 Mar 13, 2005 Louisiana
    Beer Trader

Where are you finding White Birch beers? I have been looking to try some of there beers for some time now

15. EgadBananas

Steins has all of the things I listed, including 3 varieties of White Birch: Hop Session, Hooksett and Belgian Pale Ale.

16. Fister

Fister Jan 9, 2013 Louisiana
    Beer Trader

My second time at stein's was yesterday and I just wanted to say that place is great. Got a couple Enjoy By's while in town. No idea how Dan stays sane with the amount of people that are going through there

17. EgadBananas

Apparently the Enjoy By's where on a "must ask for" basis...definitely not in the coolers or beer room on Saturday. Dan's pretty callused and straight forward...I'm sure the traffic is usual and predictable to him. I like to pretend that I'm in Philly and this is just how a normal delicatessen operates. Sadly, I always come to the realization that I'm not in Philly and I just can't seem to justify being called an asshole by the staff just because I decided to trek 45 minutes into the city and it just happened to be around 1pm. Lunch rush, apparently. Fucking. Shame. On. Me. (and the friend I drug with me)

18. ZethOfTheNorth

Price check on a sixer of Prairie Standard!

Saw the 6 at Whole Foods for $16, which is steep, but I guess not outrageous. Has anyone bought a 6 from Stein's and is Stein's allowing you to buy 12 oz singles of this one?

19. kevinscott

kevinscott Oct 21, 2008 Texas

Anyone have an idea of which Prairie Ales Stein's typically has in stock? Also what is the average price for these bottles? I may have to send my family by to grab some when they're in town for Jazzfest. Thanks.

20. EgadBananas

They had the Prairie Ale, Hop and Standard when I was there a week or so ago. I've also seen all of those at Whole Foods, so might be able to catch them there too and WF is down the street on magazine as well.

21. ZethOfTheNorth

And regarding prices, I think you're looking at about $13 each for the bombers (Hop, Ale) and $16ish for a 6 of Standard, which Stein's sells singles of.

22. ZethOfTheNorth

Two new Parish beers now at the Avenue Pub.

Envie, a 5.5% APA, is on draft. Farmhouse IPA is big bottles only at $19 a pop unless they're still doing bottle pours upstairs.

23. ZethOfTheNorth

I thought it was great too, especially by local standards; there definitely isn't anyone else bottling a Belgian IPA in Louisiana.

Aaand, looks like Stein's, Whole Foods, and the old Cork & Bottle will be receiving shipments today. Stein's has a one-per limit.

24. Crawfish61

Crawfish61 Feb 1, 2013 Louisiana

I had a six pack of the Envie and it was very good. I saw where they are bottling 6 packs of Farmhouse but it maybe limited to Lafayette and baton rouge.

25. ZethOfTheNorth

Just picked up a Farmhouse IPA from Pearl Wine (née Cork & Bottle) and it came to $14 with tax.

More good news: Sweetwater is coming in July or August.

BRoss242 likes this.
  26. BRoss242

BRoss242 Mar 13, 2005 Louisiana
    Beer Trader

Good to hear that Sweetwater will be making it to Louisiana. I would also like to see Terrapin make it down here as well.

27. tbryan5

Beer Trader

CAN'T...WAIT....!!!!

28. HeadyTheElder

HeadyTheElder Nov 3, 2012 Louisiana
    Beer Trader

Word on the street is that Terrapin may be coming soon.

29. cvm4

cvm4 Apr 27, 2011 Mississippi
    Beer Trader

Looks like I'll be stocking up more than usual in NOLA.

30. EgadBananas

Cambridge Brewing at Steins today. Looks like its brewed under the Ipswich umbrella a la Clown Shoes, Brash and Ipswich, so I suppose it should have been expected. Audacity of Hops was good IMO.

31. vasu

vasu Oct 8, 2003 Louisiana

So glad we're getting Cambridge Brewing Co now. I remember visiting a friend of mine in Cambridge back in late 2001, a few months after having gotten into craft beer, and being enamored by their Great Pumpkin Ale.

32. ZethOfTheNorth

Stone Espresso IRS was at Calandro's a few days ago. No sign of it in NOLA yet. $7.

33. animal69

animal69 Sep 21, 2007 Louisiana

anyone got a date on southern tiers arrival or what they'll be sending us ?

34. avenuepub

funny you should ask. I just posted all the detials on facebook and our weboste should be updated tonight. I am trying to creat a BA event but it keeps telling me my website is invalid ....so that will reuqire a bit more time.

Our Rollout is Monday May 13. We will be pouring four of the beers downstairs no later than 3pm and then four upstyairs when it opens at 5pm. there are events planned for Baton Rouge & the Northshore but i do not have those details at the moment. Bottles should start arriving in stores on Tuesday May14th.

The market in general got these beers: 2Xs IPA(draft & bottle), LIVE Pale ale(draft & bottle) & Hop Sun Wheat( bottle only)
    The Pub has a small amount of the following just for the rollout : Creme Brulee, Oat & Pumking all draft only
    there are a couple of other speiclaty kegs like Mokah( draft only) that are being sent to BR..again I dont have those details.

La is on the allocation list for their specialty beers( draft & bottle) which will ship as they are released through the year.

hope this helps!

35. animal69

animal69 Sep 21, 2007 Louisiana

thanks, yeah just saw ur fb post, can't wait !

36. avenuepub

Also just heard from New Belgium today. Statewide draft rollout will be on Mnday May 20 th.

37. ZethOfTheNorth

HOPTIMUM AT THE AVENUE PUB

acevenom and avenuepub like this.
  38. tbryan5

Beer Trader

The beverage store in Baton Rouge has put out their bottles of southern tier this weekend. Just picked mine up!

39. WDJersey

WDJersey Jul 26, 2012 Colorado

I am pretty excited for southern tier to make its way down south to Louisiana. Southern tier was one of my favorite breweries while i was living in the hoboken/new york city area. But since moving down to louisiana i have had a tough time finding micro brews that can compare. Does anyone have any suggestions on finding quality micro brews in the thibodaux/houma area?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer Fest® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe