Distribution in Louisiana

Discussion in 'South' started by ZethOfTheNorth, May 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZethOfTheNorth

ZethOfTheNorth Devotee (404) Jan 31, 2012 Louisiana

2. WDJersey

WDJersey Crusader (772) Jul 26, 2012 Colorado

3. Eldrad

Eldrad Initiate (134) Feb 10, 2013 Louisiana

which craft is not yet 'open.' you can only consume on-site.

4. ZethOfTheNorth

Meaning the plans are for it to be a hybrid bar/bottle shop?

5. Eldrad

Eldrad Initiate (134) Feb 10, 2013 Louisiana

Not certain. It's attached to a restaurant that's owned by the same folks, so it will sell for restaurant consumption as well as having a selection for retail, I guess. At least I I hope...

6. HeadyTheElder

HeadyTheElder Disciple (382) Nov 3, 2012 Louisiana
    Beer Trader

Avenue Pub's grand tasting yesterday was a great beer bar at its finest. Fantastic selection new and aged, reasonably priced package of small pours, minimal wait for drinks, good people all around... nice little Saturday.

avenuepub likes this.
  7. Mikecap

Mikecap Champion (837) May 18, 2012 Rhode Island
    Beer Trader

Moving down to the New Orleans area from Providence in a couple of months, so this thread is a welcome sight. I was concerned I wouldn't be able to get great beer in Louisiana and can rest easy now!

8. EgadBananas

EgadBananas Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2009 Louisiana

Where exactly are you moving to?

9. Mikecap

Mikecap Champion (837) May 18, 2012 Rhode Island
    Beer Trader

I'll be in Slidell

10. EgadBananas

Fantastic! I'm in Slidell too. I anticipate many beer tastings in our future!

Mikecap likes this.
  11. avenuepub

avenuepub Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2009 Louisiana

New Belgium rolls out draft and 6 packs today....Monday May 20 th.

12. avenuepub

Thank you! That day is exhausting for us so its really nice to hear the appreciative comments!

13. ZethOfTheNorth

Also, Southern Tier 6-packs now readily available. 2XIPA, Hop Sun, and Live have all been spotted.

14. ZethOfTheNorth

And here's a weird one: cans of Caldera IPA just arrived at Faubourg Wines on St Claude in New Orleans. Only place in the city I've seen it.

15. EgadBananas

We've gotten those cans on the Northshore a few weeks ago. Steins had them as well, but they must have went fast if you haven't seen them there.

16. ZethOfTheNorth

What prices did you see? $2.75/can at Faubourg.

17. ZethOfTheNorth

Does anybody have any information about when we'll receive Hoptimum bottles?

I remember being breathless with anticipation last year also while the rest of America was getting their shipments in months before us.

18. EgadBananas

IIRC, they were around $2.79-$2.89 per can.

19. avenuepub

The bottles and more kegs of Hoptimum are due on the next truck I think...which is shortly. Our last shipment only had enough of the kegs to get us through ACBW... 8 I believe and they are gone now. Mostly my fault;)

20. ZethOfTheNorth

Ok, some new stuff:
    *NOLA Mechahopzilla cans are at Steins and select Rouses locations
    *Steins also got New Belgium Rampant and 1554 12 oz 6-packs (Rouses also has 6-packs of several more NB beers that were either previously unavailable in Louisiana or only in bombers)
    *Steins receives St Arnold Bishop Barrel #3 today (check out that BA rating!)

21. HeadyTheElder

Beer Trader

So BB3 is being released to stores??

22. ZethOfTheNorth

Yup, and Avenue Pub got bottles of it today too.

23. avenuepub

Chafunkta will be release on the south shore this Monday June 17 th. Look for tap handles at the Pub, both bulldogs, lagers and a few other spots in the city. Not much liquid will get over the lake so there may not be a steady stream. Old 504 and VooKaRay IPA.

24. avenuepub

Also Stone Anniversary Ruination will be released on Monday.

acevenom and KKHop88 like this.
  25. KKHop88

KKHop88 Initiate (0) May 2, 2013 Louisiana

Very excited this is back!

26. cvm4

cvm4 Meyvn (1,122) Apr 27, 2011 Mississippi
    Beer Trader

Stone 10th Anni Ruination was an awesome beer. Kudos on Stone for bringing that back.

27. ZethOfTheNorth

Ruinten now available in the usual locations. Drink by date of 8/28.

28. HeadyTheElder

Beer Trader

Ditto. Need more prairie.

29. avenuepub

30. HeadyTheElder

Beer Trader

Can't wait!

Any chance Fou Foune gets added to the list? Tried it for the first time at last year's Zwanze Day. Fantastic beer.

31. avenuepub

We will have some Fou Foune as bottle pours( very limited like last year) along with some other unspecified rarities ... .. fou foune's release date is mid to late fall and the one keg we get per year we always tap on New Year's Eve. It's our annual tradition. There are 46 Zwanze bars this year throughout the world so there is less in terms of " extra kegs" to go around but Fou Foune has never been on the " extra keg" list for zwnaze day anyway. The st Lamvinus and Kriek are on the list because I cellared them with this event in mind. It's always a struggle to decide what to cellar and what to tap.. We are going to tap our gueuze this weekend since it appears they will send us a st Gilliose for the Zwanze day event. I am seriously crossing my fingers that DF kriek will be back in the country by then... We have been out for ages and its something we really miss.

lionoa7x likes this.
  32. HeadyTheElder

Beer Trader

Good information. Thanks!!

33. avenuepub

Couple of things:

Sweet water is official! Not sure of timing yet.

New Belgium has scheduled a collaboration with NOLA. They are brewing at NOLA the first of this month. The brewers will be at the pub for IPA day if anyone wants to meet them. Name will be Swamp Grape Escape using muscadine grapes. Small batch ... About 120 slims will be produced. No package.

tbryan5 and EgadBananas like this.
  34. lionoa7x

lionoa7x Initiate (0) Oct 2, 2010 Louisiana
    Beer Trader

This thread hasn't been updated in a while but I thought with the recent addition of The Bruery to Louisiana and the upcoming release of Terrapin we should start keeping this thread up to date again.

35. jhhollier

jhhollier Initiate (0) Feb 4, 2008 Louisiana

Louisiana is more than New Orleans and I wish these distributors would realize that.

36. ScottLetourneau

ScottLetourneau Initiate (141) Mar 2, 2012 Louisiana
    Beer Trader

I saw recently that Southern Prohibition Brewing out of Mississippi plans to begin distro here in Feb. BA reviews point towards a steller Pale ale in cans and upcoming seasonal releases.

Has anyone tried their brews?

37. avenuepub

Terrapin launches on Tuesday( jan 15th). They have multiple events set up in New Orleans and Baton Rouge... I don't know about the rest of the state though. And there is another Miss brewery int he works for. Feb release...but the name escapes me. In addition to Southern Prohibition.

38. avenuepub

Where are you located? I thought the supply in BR had improved quite a bit...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • Subscribe to BeerAdvocate Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Subscribe