District 96 Brewing in New City (Rockland County)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Samlover55, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Thirst_trappist

Thirst_trappist Initiate (154) Jan 18, 2016 Florida
    Beer Trader

2. IPAPolice

IPAPolice Initiate (67) Aug 30, 2016 New York

Pretty well nailed. Their two collabs with Equilibrium and Brix City were both excellent. Their flagship pale ale Silent Majority is a really solid example of the style. Hop forward. Oil Money was a pretty tasty stout. Its cool how you can often get the dark beers both with and without Nitro. Fun to compare.

#162 IPAPolice, Jun 13, 2018 at 4:11 AM
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2018 at 4:20 AM
  3. BltByKrmn

BltByKrmn Zealot (587) Jan 16, 2013 New York
    Beer Trader

That old guy bartender during the day is the worst.

MrSimcoe, Xerlic and IPAPolice like this.
  4. IPAPolice

He's honestly the worst part of that place. Pompous, lazy and always socializing with people he knows instead of helping customers.

BltByKrmn and Xerlic like this.
  5. MacMalt

MacMalt Poo-Bah (2,765) Jan 28, 2015 New Jersey
    Premium Member Beer Trader

I had dinner there this past Saturday. The food, as always, was great. They serve a mean mushroom burger. The service was really slow. I think we got caught in a change of shift. I tried to make eye contact with several servers in order to get our check but it almost seemed like they intentionally ignored us. Finally, I had to go inside (we were on the patio) and flag down someone for our check. We could easily have just left without paying and I don't think anyone would have noticed or cared. Up till then, I always had better service and, again, the food and beer is outstanding. I'll be back but hopefully the service will improve.

cavedave likes this.
  6. tinoynk

tinoynk Initiate (42) Sep 25, 2010 New York
    Beer Trader

Since we're on a negative kick, when I was there about a month ago I got the MOAB, and it was a completely different beer than I'd remembered. It was far more malty and bitter, didn't have anywhere near as much mango/tropical notes as the first few times I'd had it, and was also borderline close to room temperature.

It almost seemed like it was from a cask, which I later saw they had done with that beer (though not apparently anytime recently as when I visited), but even with the Burger Loft menu and staff I'd imagine they'd in some way indicate that serving style.

7. Xerlic

Xerlic Initiate (170) Aug 26, 2016 New York
    Beer Trader

I used to think the same about this guy, but he once comped my buddy and I a drink when we were there for a couple of hours. I guess it's hard to dislike someone too much when they give you free beer haha.

cavedave, SammyJaxxxx and IPAPolice like this.
  8. IPAPolice

Most bartenders would do the same though. He works on the BL side, so I barely see him anymore since I'll be on the D96 side unless it's closed.

9. Samlover55

Samlover55 Defender (612) Oct 8, 2015 New York
    Beer Trader

They teased a beer for Father's Day on Instagram, but they put FOAB on BeerMenus, so that's prob it.

MacMalt and SammyJaxxxx like this.
  10. MacMalt

MacMalt Poo-Bah (2,765) Jan 28, 2015 New Jersey

FOAB is a great beer! I had it last year and liked it better than MOAB.

cavedave, SammyJaxxxx and Samlover55 like this.
  11. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Poo-Bah (2,205) Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey

I assumed that it would be FOAB or some variation of that. It's a really good beer so I'm not going to complain.

cavedave likes this.
  12. Thirst_trappist

Thirst_trappist Initiate (154) Jan 18, 2016 Florida
    Beer Trader

Do they allow shares there?

13. Xerlic

Xerlic Initiate (170) Aug 26, 2016 New York
    Beer Trader

Yes. I've done shares and trades there often. I always order something off the menu, though.

Thirst_trappist likes this.