Do you ever drink DURING work?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by brother_rebus, Dec 13, 2015.

?

Do you ever drink during work?

1. never

2. once in a Blue Moon

3. once every week or few

4. daily

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mwa423

mwa423 Initiate (0) Nov 7, 2007 Ohio

I work in a white collar gig at a Brewery, we drink all the time. The only time it's before 3 is when we have meetings with customers or when we have new product tasting sessions. If I were to drink at lunch, nobody would say a word to me. 4 pm beers are a couple days a week occasion.

My employer takes drinking problems very seriously, so if I couldn't handle that type of drinking responsibly, I would be hanging out in the unemployment line.

Betolito likes this.
  2. Betolito

Betolito Aspirant (253) May 20, 2012 Nevada

I also work from home and my office is hundreds of miles away, but I don't usually don't have beer unless I am having something incredible for lunch. When I was at the office, I would only do it when I would go out on my lunch hour to a place that had something incredible on tap,(It's San Diego, so did it quite often) usually with my boss who would also partake.

3. StoutElk_92

StoutElk_92 Poo-Bah (2,521) Oct 30, 2015 Massachusetts
    Society

I sampled a beer once at the restaurant I was working in. If my work isn't too demanding or serious I would consider grabbing a beer on break, if it is walking/train distance.

4. Grodd87

Grodd87 Disciple (365) Jul 30, 2014 Pennsylvania

Had a convention in Vegas lets just so I wasn't sober for 4 days.

5. RKP1967

RKP1967 Aspirant (277) Sep 26, 2010 Virginia

Wow, I can't believe how many no votes there are here. Apparently we've become more prudish since the days of Mad Men.

Obviously, I'm not going to sit at my desk and drink a beer, but if I'm going to lunch somewhere that has good beer, you can bet I'm having one (and only one). Especially if the boss is paying.

6. RBowers

RBowers Initiate (0) Jul 21, 2014 Virginia

I'm doing the drywall at the new Mcdonalds down the street and we indulge just about everyday, we're not the suit and tie, my wife has my balls in a lockbox type of crowd

7. brother_rebus

brother_rebus Champion (887) Jul 28, 2014 Maine
    Trader

cant tell if troll post or if you actually wear an apron... :wink:

monkeybeerbelly and lester619 like this.
  8. tigg924

tigg924 Poo-Bah (5,600) Apr 30, 2008 Massachusetts
    Society

I work at home for the most part and never drink while at work. When I travel to the office for work, I will occasionally partake if we go out for a business lunch.

9. Dragginballs76

Dragginballs76 Poo-Bah (2,518) Nov 13, 2015 South Carolina
    Society Trader

Never, the job I have I would not be able to do that. Wish I could.

10. lester619

lester619 Devotee (470) Apr 17, 2009 Wisconsin

I'm not sure what's going on there either, but seeing Lawrence makes me happy.

11. dvmky

dvmky Initiate (0) Jun 17, 2012 Kentucky

I work in the industry, sales specifically, and I do but I try to avoid it. I do have an account whose owners are pretty wild and will occasionally make me shotgun a Natty with them "if" I want to make the sale.

ManBearPat likes this.
  12. Uniobrew31

Uniobrew31 Zealot (525) Jan 16, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Trader

No,
    I could if I wanted to but I tend to get tired if I have a few beers so I don't.

13. Comparison_Ford

Comparison_Ford Disciple (378) Apr 4, 2014 New York
    Trader

I'm a Registered Nurse, so no. Stress has me drinking enough to make up for lost time, so it's probably for the best that I can't drink at work haha.

14. The_Snow_Bird

The_Snow_Bird Poo-Bah (1,728) May 7, 2015 Florida
    Society

No, no matter what I do I always get caught.

15. RBowers

Man, I didn't think anyone would catch that, you're smart! I'm actually prancing around in a maids outfit cleaning the house. No watching football for me today.

16. RBowers

Greg Focker?

lic217 likes this.
  17. VTBrewHound

VTBrewHound Aspirant (258) Jan 5, 2013 Vermont

Drinking at the office is frowned upon in the insurance industry, however, at my "second job" you just have to have a beer while brewing, or a few...

18. RBowers

Wait, if you work from home, aren't you at work when you're at home? Where do you go to drink?

19. 03fatboy

03fatboy Initiate (157) Jul 6, 2015 Wisconsin

I'm a Salesmen, i have to entertain customers so there has been a few times of having a few beers! this would be after hours of coarse :wink:

20. thepenguin

thepenguin Devotee (456) Aug 8, 2010 Massachusetts

Sometimes right after I turn on the "fasten seatbelts" sign. otherwise no

21. DesolationAngel

DesolationAngel Initiate (59) Oct 2, 2013 New Hampshire

Every night when I clean my restaurant and count the bartender drops I sample my taps. Backwoods Bastard, Enjoy by, Breakfast stout, La Fin du monde etc. I owe it to the dudes who cant drink at work. Its my duty.

22. SteveB24

SteveB24 Initiate (0) Aug 29, 2013 New York

Can i work there??:slight_smile:

23. funcooker78

funcooker78 Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2009 Virginia

No. I don't think my patients would appreciate the smell of alcohol on my breath.

24. dcotom

dcotom Poo-Bah (2,256) Aug 4, 2014 Iowa
    Society Trader

Never. I work at an RCF, where alcohol is prohibited. I have made beer bread and beer-boiled bratwurst for the residents a time or two, but always with O'Doul's. (Well, what the hell else would you use it for?)

25. Victory_Sabre1973

Victory_Sabre1973 Poo-Bah (2,066) Sep 15, 2015 Minnesota
    Society Trader

Not often. I own a restaurant that has a booth at the county fair. During said fair week, I do drink on the job. It makes the 16 hour days go faster. Outside of the fair, it is vey rare for me to drink while at work, though, sometimes, it is necessary.

26. Strike00

Strike00 Aspirant (260) Dec 24, 2014 Iowa

Never. I work in a special needs classroom at an elementary school. A lot of behavioral issues and believe me, there are times when a beer seems like it would be the best thing in the world. I do love my job though.

I would never drink before work either.

My 2nd Job is at the RCF that dcotom works at. As stated already, alcohol is not an option there either.

#66 Strike00, Dec 14, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  27. eppCOS

eppCOS Meyvn (1,116) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

ONLY if lunch counts. :wink:

28. beer_pilgrim

beer_pilgrim Initiate (0) Jul 5, 2015 Michigan

I gotta drive all day so no.

29. vurt

vurt Meyvn (1,080) Apr 11, 2004 Oregon
    Society

I work in a small advertising/design firm. Every now and then the boss used to get us together for beer:30 late on a Friday afternoon, most often when we've had a really productive week and he wants to tell us about some new clients coming up.

I won't drink if I still have work to do, though. Work is work and beer is beer. They don't overlap for me.

30. alexanderplatz

alexanderplatz Aspirant (257) Jul 5, 2015 Kentucky

When I was a lowly dishwasher in a restaurant, I once had a Bud Lite on the job and it was the Best. Beer. Evar. Now as a grown-up*, no beer on the job.

31. Hoos78

Hoos78 Aspirant (263) Mar 3, 2015 Ohio

Ahh, the one up in Las Colinas??

32. Brolo75

Brolo75 Initiate (0) Aug 10, 2013 California

About 18 years ago I worked construction for about 8-9 months and I, along with almost everyone in our crew including our supervisor, would have 1-2 beers with lunch. Then we'd pound Bud Lights after work in the work yard for 2-4 hours almost everyday. Wild times.

33. scottbrew4u

scottbrew4u Savant (917) Feb 2, 2005 Pennsylvania

Yeah it happens from time to time.

34. ebin6

ebin6 Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2009 California

Never; I've always worked with children. To be honest, I don't really see the appeal. Maybe if my job involved business lunches or something. I am content confining my beer drinking to socially acceptable hours.

35. JISurfer

JISurfer Poo-Bah (1,701) Dec 10, 2002 South Carolina
    Trader

I coach college athletics, so that probably wouldn't be a good idea. Though there are times when I wish I was.

brother_rebus likes this.
  36. Cannibalgasm

Cannibalgasm Aspirant (295) Jan 31, 2015 Minnesota

For me, I work at a liquor store that has regular tastings and encourages our employees try the samples to increase our knowledge of the products we sell. So while almost never in excess I do tend to drink at work daily.

StoutElk_92 likes this.
  37. JMS1512

JMS1512 Crusader (776) Feb 18, 2013 New Jersey

But it would make the students easier to deal with, no?

zeff80 likes this.
  38. JMS1512

JMS1512 Crusader (776) Feb 18, 2013 New Jersey

Paperweights.

dcotom likes this.
  39. CraigTravor

CraigTravor Defender (615) Nov 12, 2013 California

I used to work at a brewery... so every day, yes... now I live in a country where alcohol isn't legal.. quite a swing.

Fargrow and dcotom like this.
  40. 1000lbgrizzly

1000lbgrizzly Meyvn (1,099) Jul 16, 2013 Illinois

I work at a private doctor's office. After all the patients have left (but while I'm still on the clock) my boss and I will crack open a beer each and shoot the shit while doing end of the day paperwork. Great way to end a day of dealing with the public.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.