Dogfish Head 75 Minute

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Gingermanstv, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gingermanstv

Gingermanstv Initiate (95) Sep 23, 2008 Connecticut

I was wondering in anyone had any information on the Release of Dogfish Head 75 Minute IPA. I know the brewpub had it because in a recent video I saw some bottles in the store. But does anyone know when its being released to the masses. Thanks for any information

-Steve

2. jesskidden

jesskidden Poo-Bah (2,048) Aug 10, 2005 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Week of 3/12 according to the BeerNews link in this BA Beer Release thread -
    Release dates for next batch of DFH beers

3. Gingermanstv

Gingermanstv Initiate (95) Sep 23, 2008 Connecticut

Thanks so much for the info.

4. Retail1LO

Retail1LO Initiate (0) May 4, 2011 Pennsylvania

Had a bottle of this yesterday at a beer event. Someone got a hold of a 750 mL bottle that supposedly issued to DFH employees. It had a label with Curly of the Three Stooges pounding a nail into his own forehead, I do believe. LOL At any rate, I thought it was a beautiful BEAUTIFUL beer. I'm eagerly anticipating it's release and hope to hell I can score several bottles, if not a case from a distributor.

5. drtth

drtth Poo-Bah (4,006) Nov 25, 2007 Pennsylvania

Lots of bottles available at Total Wine in DE.

6. davey101

davey101 Meyvn (1,114) Apr 14, 2009 Connecticut
    Trader

Ummmm, thats the old 750ml label for 90 minute. If they reused that label then that is so cool! I think its Sam on the label though.

[​IMG]

Can't wait for 75 minute though!

Lantern likes this.
  7. RocketFrogDavid

RocketFrogDavid Zealot (596) Apr 29, 2010 Virginia
    Brewery

It's been available at the brewpub and brewery since at least Mid-Feb had my first bottle on Friday, thought it was damn good. A little heavy on the carbonation but it was nice!

8. Retail1LO

Retail1LO Initiate (0) May 4, 2011 Pennsylvania

LOL Looks like Curly. Awesome label regardless. Had never seen the label before to know it was the old 90 Minute label. Learn something new every day I guess. Regardless...what's inside is what counted...and it was tasty as hell.

Lantern likes this.
  9. jesskidden

jesskidden Poo-Bah (2,048) Aug 10, 2005 New Jersey
    Society Trader

I've got an old 90 Minute label with the photo on the right on it, different that the bottle labels shown... the other odd thing is that it list the brewery's city as "Lewes, DE". Pretty sure there's a story about that label in Sam's book- apparently Caligione used it without permission thinking it was old and in the public domain.

I thought this was going to be the 75 Minute label after disguising the "Johnny Cash/k" character.

[​IMG]

10. Lantern

Lantern Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2011

This is awesome.

11. davey101

davey101 Meyvn (1,114) Apr 14, 2009 Connecticut
    Trader

They are using the johnny cask label. It sounds like the bottle Retail1LO is talking about is an employee only label or something.

12. mr1581

mr1581 Initiate (136) Jul 3, 2006 Arizona
    Trader

Saw a few cases of it at Total Wine in DE a couple of weeks ago. I was able to grab a few bottles.

13. Steeeve

Steeeve Initiate (0) Nov 16, 2010 Pennsylvania

It was in all the liquor stores around the Rehoboth brewpub already on Friday 3/2. I picked up a couple of bottles for $8.50 each. Looking forward to trying a regular (non-cask) version. I always order one when I visit there.

14. WagonCircler

WagonCircler Initiate (138) May 15, 2011 New York

I picked some up at $7.75.

It is fantastic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.