Dogfish Head Brings Back Iconic Punkin Ale & Launches Costumes & Karaoke Imperial Oat Cream Ale

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by Todd, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Todd

Todd Founder (6,140) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew Society

Milton, Del., Friday, September 11, 2020 – Fall-time fun is just around the corner, meaning Dogfish Head’s fall-flavored brews – the beloved Punkin Ale and all-new Costumes & Karaoke – are making their way to shelves and taps near YOU! Making its nationwide debut in mid-September, Costumes & Karaoke (8.0% ABV) is a complex, golden tea-inspired imperial oat cream ale built upon a sophisticated blend of spices, including vanilla beans, ginger, cinnamon and turmeric. The resulting vibrant gold liquid is filled with aromas of ginger, cardamom, anise and vanilla, and sweet and spicy flavors of ginger, citrus and cardamom.

“With Costumes & Karaoke, I wanted to bring to life – in beer form – the intricate flavors and esters found in one of my favorite drinks, a golden milk latte,” said Calagione. “Golden milk, or ‘Haldi Ka Doodh,’ is a turmeric-infused milk with origins dating back centuries. Through Costumes & Karaoke, I believe, we were able to successfully pay homage to this ancient libation and create a delicious beer that offers a new and exciting experience in every sip.”

Now available from coast to coast, Dogfish Head’s fan-favorite Punkin Ale (7.0% ABV) is back with a new, steampunk-centric look by Dan Stiles, the brewery’s collaborating artist for this year’s Off-Centered Art Series. A full-bodied brown ale brewed with real pumpkin, brown sugar, allspice, nutmeg and cinnamon, Punkin Ale made its first appearance in 1995 and has been released every year since. Copper in color, this medium-bodied liquid masterpiece is known for its smooth hints of pumpkin, brown sugar and spice.

“While I’m beyond excited to share Costumes & Karaoke with Dogfish Head fans both near and far, nothing says, ‘It’s officially fall,’ like a Punkin Ale,” said Sam Calagione, Dogfish Head founder and brewer. “This time of year, I always look forward to sitting with my wife, Mariah, around the Cowboy Cauldron at our canal-front hotel, theDogfish Inn, enjoying some off-centered ales and reminiscing about the memories we’ve made throughout the years. Typically, we would each raise a Punkin Ale, but this year, we’ll have to bring Costumes & Karaoke into the mix!”

To learn more about Dogfish Head, or to find Punkin Ale or Costumes & Karaoke near you, visit www.dogfish.com.

###

GreenBayBA and Roguer like this.
  2. BeerDrinkinGuy

BeerDrinkinGuy Initiate (57) Nov 2, 2018 Minnesota

This pumpkin ale is one of the best, Im almost gonna buy another 6 pack of it cuz Im almost out.

GreenBayBA likes this.
  3. keithmurray

keithmurray Meyvn (1,395) Oct 7, 2009 Connecticut

I never new Punkin Ale ever went away

4. Giantspace

Giantspace Champion (819) Dec 22, 2011 Pennsylvania

How is this brought back when it reads that it’s been made every year since 1995???

Enjoy

GreenBayBA, Steve_Studnuts and bret27 like this.
  5. jesskidden

jesskidden Poo-Bah (2,081) Aug 10, 2005 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Well... in theory, don't all seasonal beers "go away" when the season is over (some before, others linger on the shelves for many months after) and then are "brought back" the following year?

:thinking_face: Not sure IRI measures beers that are "almost" bought but I'm sure the brewery appreciates that you're considering their product...:smile:

6. joerooster2

joerooster2 Initiate (17) Aug 18, 2020 District of Columbia

Obviously they mean ‘back on store shelves’ since it’s a seasonal.

GreenBayBA likes this.
  7. Steve_Studnuts

Steve_Studnuts Devotee (458) Apr 21, 2015 Pennsylvania

Costumes & Karaoke has a chai tea (which I'm a big fan of) vibe to it, at least in print. Too bad turmeric is fucking gross, though. I'll be on the look out for a single. Punkin Ale, on the other hand, I'll nab at least a 12 pack of that delicious nectar.

GreenBayBA likes this.
  8. slander

slander Poo-Bah (2,222) Nov 5, 2001 New York
    Moderator Society

Just bring back Indian Brown Ale & Chicory Stout and no one gets hurt.

dewski312, KRug, ericwo and 4 others like this.
  9. Giantspace

Giantspace Champion (819) Dec 22, 2011 Pennsylvania

Was not obvious to me.

Enjoy

keithmurray and GreenBayBA like this.
  10. ESHBG

ESHBG Disciple (327) Jul 30, 2011 Pennsylvania

IBA was so underrated.

I love pumpkin beers, I love Punkin Ale, but this year's seemed a little off to me and I didn't enjoy it as much as I usually do. I will gladly have another (or two) before it disappears again but yeah definitely not quite the same to me.

RobertB412 likes this.
  11. thebeers

thebeers Poo-Bah (3,149) Sep 10, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good thing there’s COVID this year. Hate to think of all those little kids getting sued for wearing Costumes.

(Karaoke singers — have at ‘em.)

KRug likes this.
  12. TheGent

TheGent Poo-Bah (2,442) Jun 29, 2010 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Costumes & Karaoke sounds awesome. Right up my alley with those flavors. Especially this time of year. Haven’t bought many new DFH beers in the past few years, but I look forward to this one.