Release Dogfish Head Releases IPAs for the Holidays Variety Pack

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by Todd, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Todd

Todd Founder (5,603) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff

Limited edition 12-pack contains 4 varieties of IPA goodness + 2 exclusives - Viniferous IPA + Sixty One

Milton, Del., November 2, 2018 – Arriving just in time to make your “jingle bells rock,” Dogfish Head is bringing “joy to the world” with the release of the IPAs for the Holidays variety 12-pack. Available in early November, the holiday pack contains 4 varieties of IPA goodness in one special box. Featuring 2 exclusives - Sixty One and Viniferous IPA – along with a duo of fan-favorite IPAs - 60 Minute IPA and 90 Minute Imperial IPA – the holiday pack has all of your festive beer needs covered, including an homage to “reds and whites” for the vino lovers in the bunch. The “white” beer-wine hybrid, Viniferous IPA, is fermented with Riesling & Viognier grape must and hopped with Hallertau Blanc, Huell Melon and El Dorado to match the dry, fruity complexity of a Riesling with the hoppiness of an IPA. Sixty One, the “red” beer-wine mashup, is a marriage of two Dogfish Head innovations - beer-wine hybrids featuring Syrah grape must and continually hopped IPAs. A great gift for holiday parties, the pack also features a special gift tag that can be personalized.

The IPAs for the Holidays 12pk includes:

Viniferous IPA12-pack EXCLUSIVE (Where applicable by law.)
    Fermented with Riesling and Viognier grape must and hopped with Hallertau Blanc, Huell Melon and El Dorado to match the dry, fruity complexity of a Riesling with the hoppiness of an IPA.

Sixty One – 12-pack EXCLUSIVE (Where applicable by law.)
    A marriage of two Dogfish Head innovations: beer-wine hybrids and continually hopped IPAs. Dogfish took its best-selling 60 Minute and added Syrah grape must to create an IPA with equal parts fruity complexity and pungent hoppiness.

60 Minute IPA
    A continually hopped super-fantastic East Coast IPA brewed with a slew of great Northwest hops for a powerful, but balanced, citrusy hop character.

90 Minute Imperial IPA
    A continually hopped Imperial IPA whose powerful malt backbone stands up to the extreme hopping rate for a pungent, not crushing flavor.

“We’ve been experimenting with continual hopping and inventive beer-wine hybrid concoctions since we first opened our doors twenty-three years ago at our brewpub in Rehoboth,” said Sam Calagione, founder and CEO of Dogfish Head Craft Brewery. “From angling a vibrating football game over a 5-barrel kettle with a bucket of pelletized hops hanging over it – which brought us 90 Minute Imperial IPA and paved the way for 60 Minute and 120 Minute IPA – to blending grape juice and must in the brewing process with beers like Midas Touch, Noble Rot and Red & White; we take great pride in pushing the boundaries of experimentation in brewing at Dogfish and are excited to move ahead into 2019 and beyond as we continue to stoke the flames of creativity in craft beer.”

For more information about Dogfish Head Craft Brewery and the IPAs for the Holidays visit dogfish.com

###

hopsputin and HorseheadsHophead like this.
  2. NYR-Zuuuuc

NYR-Zuuuuc Aspirant (296) Jan 1, 2013 Connecticut

I'm in. I will be picking up this one.......

3. Giantspace

Giantspace Defender (655) Dec 22, 2011 Pennsylvania

Not a fan of 61 so I’m out.

Last I looked 90 16x4 cans were $9 and 60 6x12 bottles were $8. The last pack like this was around $25. No interest in the other wine beer either.

Enjoy

LarryV and waltari like this.
  4. EvenMoreJesus

EvenMoreJesus Champion (836) Jun 8, 2017 Pennsylvania
    Premium Trader

I think Noble Rot was the only wine beer from them that I thought was excellent. The others were just OK, IIRC.

5. elohim

elohim Initiate (189) Dec 4, 2010 Georgia
    Trader

Seems like they could have used this opportunity to move some 75 minute as well. Depending on how they price this I may be in for one but it certainly isn't anything I would go out of my way for.

Zorro likes this.
  6. waltari

waltari Initiate (55) Jan 28, 2016 Georgia

Another overpriced pack from DFH.

Zorro likes this.
  7. DISKORD

DISKORD Aspirant (205) Feb 28, 2017 Virginia

This is the most non-variety variety pack ever!

8. Giantspace

I did really like noble rot, never had the Oaked version.

Enjoy

9. EvenMoreJesus

EvenMoreJesus Champion (836) Jun 8, 2017 Pennsylvania
    Premium Trader

I didn't like it as much, just wasn't as crisp and focused. Wood/barrels don't make everything better, contrary to popular belief.

CannedWaggoneer likes this.
  10. Zorro

Zorro Poo-Bah (4,273) Dec 25, 2003 California

Just what the world needs, MORE same old IPAs.

11. TheGent

TheGent Meyvn (1,346) Jun 29, 2010 New Jersey
    Premium Trader

I’d like to try Viniferous, but I’m not buying this pack for it.

dcotom likes this.
  12. jkblr

jkblr Meyvn (1,304) Nov 22, 2014 Indiana
    Premium Trader

I jumped on this pack late November last year because we never have 60 or 90 minute on shelves here fresh enough to review and I had great memories of these beers before DFH pulled Indiana distribution. This is a store that I am in weekly, so they had just hit the floor. Imagine my surprise that all the beers inside were bottled in late September. I was angry initially, but found a packaging date (around 8 weeks before purchase) on the 12 pack, so that puts it on me. I only post this as a PSA.

FatBoyGotSwagger likes this.
  13. rgordon

rgordon Champion (852) Apr 26, 2012 North Carolina

I have deep nostalgic love of DFH, particularly 60 Minute. The pricing prevents me from fitting the brand into my beer budget.

14. NeroFiddled

NeroFiddled Poo-Bah (10,292) Jul 8, 2002 Pennsylvania
    Premium Trader

I found this interesting and I thought I'd mention it... my family has always bought a mixed/sampler case for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I was a little surprised when that started because prior to that it was always me who was the beer drinker, but they got into it. For so many years now that I can't even remember they used to buy the Sam Adams Christmas mix. This year I'm informed that it's the Dogfish Head IPA case, which is fine by me. I'll ask when we get together but I'm wondering what brought about the change. Are they just getting into IPAs now, about 10 years late? Probably! :laughing: Or is it because they're just bored with the Sam Adams mix? Or is it because the Sam Adams Mix is different? In the end I don't care, I always bring extra beers and I'm really looking forward to trying the DFH Viniferous!

15. jayrutgers

jayrutgers Initiate (185) Oct 29, 2011 New Jersey

Damn had no idea everyone is producing wine hybrid IPAs or even malty imperial IPAs these days.

16. MoreBeer4me

MoreBeer4me Aspirant (242) Aug 25, 2014 New Jersey
    Trader

I'd rather just buy two sixers of the 90 Minute Imperial IPA.

17. Giantspace

Buy the 16 oz cans. Last time I checked they were a few cents less per oz. I have not tried the cans yet but want to. I will still grab a few 4 packs if bothers to age. 90 is really good with years on it.

Enjoy

FatBoyGotSwagger likes this.
  18. dcotom

dcotom Poo-Bah (1,986) Aug 4, 2014 Iowa
    Premium Trader

Me, too.
    Me, neither. I hope the store splits up a couple packs of this so I can get singles of the Sixty-One and Viniferous.