Doggie Claws availability??

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Adamdc, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Adamdc

Adamdc Nov 18, 2007 Massachusetts

From what I understand Doggie Claws comes out in the Fall. When it does come out is it very hard to find? Is it a brewery-only release or is it something you can find on shelves for a little while after it comes out? I'm just trying to get a feel because I'd like to trade for some but I'm not sure what to offer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. w_klon

w_klon Aug 1, 2012 Oregon
    Beer Trader

It definitely gets distributed around Oregon in large quantities. Usually $5 for a 12 oz and its available for a while. Maybe somebody else can speak to this last years availability versus years past, but I've seen bottles on shelves as recently as a month ago. There might still be some around, but I'm not too sure. I haven't really been looking for it, since I've had my fair share...and a bunch left in the cellar :)

3. distantmantra

distantmantra May 23, 2011 Washington
    Beer Trader

It's pretty easy to get in the Seattle area for the 2-3 weeks after release.

4. csano

csano Sep 21, 2010 Washington

It looks like a number of bottles from the 2012 batch have had carbonation/sediment issues See this post for more details. I've seen them around in Seattle for ~$5.99/bottle. If you're still interested, you should be able to get bottles by offering up some locals. Get in touch with me if you have any trouble and I'll help out.

whiskey likes this.
  5. kscaldef

kscaldef Jun 11, 2010 Oregon
    Beer Trader

It's easy to get in Portland for perhaps 2 months after the release. I've occasionally stumbled on bottles in out-of-the-way places for longer than that, but your best bet is Nov and Dec, or to find someone who bought a case.

6. BillHilly

BillHilly Oct 17, 2010 Washington
    Beer Trader

Buyer beware though; some are flat as hell...and seen others way over-carbonated.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe