Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Downtown Phoenix

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by GRBrew, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GRBrew

GRBrew Jan 12, 2009 Michigan
    Beer Trader

I am staying downtown Phoenix this Sunday to Wednesday for work. I will have time to run out for dinner and a beer at night but that is it. Any recommendations? I will not have a car. I am staying at the Holiday Inn Express. Thanks.
  2. papagobrewing

papagobrewing Sep 8, 2009 Arizona

Angel's Trumpet Alehouse or if you want to hop on the light rail, Sun Up Brewing
  3. AnotherImperial

AnotherImperial Oct 29, 2012 Arizona

As mentioned above, Angel's Trumpet is your best bet based upon your location. They've been doing a great job of getting quality brews on tap, and they keep a good variety of styles. If you're into stouts (that's my preference), my local recommendations are Elsie's from Papago Brewing and The Inebriator from Sonoran Brewing. I think I recall having both of those at Angel's at some point in time.
  4. Jefeipa

Jefeipa May 6, 2009 Arizona

Angel's is the best place close to you. You should check you Lost leaf, Main Ingreident, Rose and Crown, maybe Copper Blues. Would you be up for a beer trade?
  5. GRBrew

GRBrew Jan 12, 2009 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Time would be very tight to make a trade happen but if something entices me, maybe. It would have to be something along the lines of DDG or Cable Car or some other big want of mine.
  6. luwak

luwak Mar 2, 2010 Arizona
    Beer Trader

Lost Leaf or Angel's Trumpet for stuff that is nearby

Id be pretty surprised if anybody in AZ had any cable car they'd be willing to give up
    (and if so ...please let me know...)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!