Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Draft's Top 100 Beer Bars

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Mantooth, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Cugabuh

The list is missing Bukowski's as well right? That is certainly a bar that deserves mentioning!

2. pjl44

Decent joint, but it's not in the same class as Lord Hobo, Publick House, and Deep Ellum.

3. otispdriftwood

Beer Trader

Ho Hum. Another subjective list for craft beer. Anyplace is a top beer bar if you enjoy yourself there and want to go back again.

beertunes likes this.
  4. harperman69

Beer Trader

Surprising lack of Colorado bars on there.

5. beertunes

Beer Trader

6. Mantooth

Beer Trader

I tend to agree with you, but they've nailed some spots that I absolute love here in the South: Trapeeze, Thirsty Monk, Sergio's & Holy Grale are damn good spots. I have a beef with their selection from Charlotte, Growlers Pourhouse... not only does it not belong on the list, it's not even one of the better spots in Charlotte.

7. azorie

Sure there are tons of beer bars folks will love, it just depends on what your looking for. I love the Belgian/dutch beer bars, they have small drafts line ups but Huge bottle line ups and the bottle prices are not rip off, like most American bars are.:eek:

No place is going to be great for everyone. I like it quiet, cozy, with a huge list, otherwise I just stay at home. My basic deal was take 100 random unbiased folks and send them to place they never been and have NO bias for. But is not going to happen. Besides lists make for great arguments...no 1 is ever happy with any of them. Unless they made it up themselves....:D

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe