Dragon stout in jersey?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by xk6m6m5x, May 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xk6m6m5x

xk6m6m5x Initiate (0) May 30, 2012 New Jersey

i really want to try this beer as ive heard good things but cannot find it in nj anywhere. any help?

2. JMS1512

JMS1512 Savant (928) Feb 18, 2013 New Jersey
    Subscriber

Are you referring to this beer? I purchased it in a Shoprite Wine and Liquors. You could also try the site Letspour.com

3. Givemebeer

Givemebeer Zealot (567) Apr 6, 2013 Vermont

If you're referring to this beer, its also sold at total wine. Always in stock too.

4. jesskidden

jesskidden Meyvn (1,222) Aug 10, 2005 New Jersey
    Subscriber

If, on the other hand, you're referring to the Jamaican Dragon Stout, brewed by the brewer of Red Stripe, Desnoes & Geddes, it is (or, at least, was) imported by MHW, Ltd. -a large alcoholic beverage company, which also imports Moosehead and Erdinger, amount other beers.

Not sure where you are in NJ or even if MHW still brings in Dragon Stout, but you can contact them and they'll supply you with the local NJ distributor(s) and from there you can ask your local retailer to order it.

5. bkov33

bkov33 Initiate (176) Dec 5, 2007 New Jersey

i know i've seen the jamaican dragon stout at valley wine and spirits in Wayne but i havent been there in about a year so its probably a good idea to call and ask first.

6. xk6m6m5x

xk6m6m5x Initiate (0) May 30, 2012 New Jersey

Dragon stout from jamaca yes... I asked all my sales reps today.... Miller coors imports its -_-

7. socon67

socon67 Poo-Bah (1,598) Jun 18, 2010 New York

I remember having a few of these in Ocho Rios Jamaica and bringing a 6'er onto the cruise ship (which was a while ago because now you wouldn't get the bottles until the cruise is over). Has a very strong soy sauce flavor, and was oddly refreshing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.