Drinking Beer on Sunday March 12 2012

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Jmoore50, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jmoore50

Jmoore50 Initiate (0) Dec 14, 2008 Nevada

Hey, I am still getting used to these forums and it's confusing me without the layout. I am coming into Sydney again on my birthday weekend in March. Is anyone in Sydney fancy a little bottle share? I have some more Fou Foune! I am not sure where we will do it but I am just gauging some interest. Could we drink at the bottle show I hear so much about, Platinum? Or maybe just go to a BYO restaurant and drink a few? Post on here so I can see who is in!!!

Cheers
    Jordan

2. mulder1010

mulder1010 Initiate (0) Aug 29, 2008 Australia

I can host if you are interested. I am very much in.

3. MrKennedy

MrKennedy Pooh-Bah (1,814) Dec 29, 2006 Australia
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Echo Pat's comments, I would also be very keen and can also host

4. Jmoore50

Awesome. Can someone get hold of the guy that works at Platinum that was at the beer dinner? Maybe see if he wants to join in, or rather anyone from the beer dinner that we did? What should be drink?

5. danieelol

danieelol Initiate (0) Jun 15, 2010 Australia

I would also be very enthusiastic for another bottle share

6. MrKennedy

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Jordan, I can get in contact with Adam from Platinum. Will shoot him an email.

Been in touch with spicelab, he is also keen for the bottle share.

As for what to drink, I'll give it some thought. Any preference for styles/theme or just random?

7. mulder1010

maybe can get the elusive Bluebetty to attend :slight_smile:

Already lined up a growler of Dr's Orders for it :sunglasses:

8. danieelol

Would people be keen for another blind? I thought the concept last time was awesome. If not perhaps we could have an alternative theme or "gimmick" if someone can think of one.

9. Jmoore50

This format is really creeping me out. I don't care if we do it blind or if we just drink some beer. I just want to hang out with some people who actually appreciate the 'good stuff'. Anyone else know someone that would like to come? Also, I am thinking a BYO restaurant. Anyone against this? I will be more active in the next few days since I have the days off of work.

Oh, and danieelol, Slanted and Enchanted is better that Terror Twilight. Thoughts?

10. mulder1010

what restaurant are you thinking?

11. Jmoore50

I don't know. One that won't mind some guys getting drunk during a Sunday session? ha ha

12. danieelol

"Oh, and danieelol, Slanted and Enchanted is better that Terror Twilight. Thoughts"

Oh yer, like that one too. Personally I might go for Brighten the Corners over both of them. Just so amazing how many good songs they have on every album, dunno why they weren't more popular.

13. spicelab

spicelab Savant (1,223) Nov 6, 2009 Australia

Howdy folks. Bar Reggio on crown st in the city is a great byo option.
    They have a $29 all you can eat option (italian) which is more respectable than it sounds, and a one off unlimited corkage fee of $1 per person from memory.

Might have trouble getting a booking at this late notice.

Thoughts?

14. danieelol

I would do that in a heartbeat

15. Jmoore50

Okay folks. Lets do a quick vote. We can either do Rosso Pomodoro or Bar Reggio. We need to know so we can book that shit. Also, what are people bringing? I can promise Fou Foune. More to come.

16. danieelol

I might have a slight preference for Rosso Pomodoro but can work with either.

Was planning on bringing an Anchorage Bitter Monk, a sour and a barrel aged beer

17. MrKennedy

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I phoned Rosso Pomodoro, they want to turn the tables over and would only have us from 6-8. Bar Reggio is closed on Sunday night.

18. danieelol

Hyde Park anyone?

19. danieelol

20. spicelab

spicelab Savant (1,223) Nov 6, 2009 Australia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.